INCI Beauty - Cosmetics analysis application

Mari

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I´ve found out today about the app that allows you to analyze the composition of cosmetic products, called "INCI Beauty".
Google play: INCI Beauty - Analysis of cosmetic products - Apps on Google Play
App store: ‎INCI Beauty

INCI Beauty allows you to:
• Discover the detailed composition of a product by scanning its barcode or searching for it using its name or brand. It is not in our database yet? Create a user account to add product photos and ingredients to receive analysis of its composition.
• Find a cleaner alternative to products whose rating does not satisfy you.
• Watch the offers of different merchants to buy the product you like.
• Fill in your restrictions to exclude a family of unwanted ingredients.
• View your search history and tag products as favourites to find them more easily when you make future purchases.
• Share your opinion with the community with the Like/Dislike button or by writing a comment.

So basically, you scan the bar code on the product and the app lists all the ingredients in the product and displays the ingredients list and rates the product according to INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) - max rate is 20/20.
If the barcode doesn´t work, one just uses a search to find the product.

I played with it a bit and searched for deodorant, shampoo, etc. and sorted descending (max. rate is 20/20) and it can be a nice guide to find organic cosmetics with 100% natural origin.
...or to find out that cosmetics you use is actually not so good (like my sister-in-law who was shocked today to see what is in half of her make-up 🙈).

Back
Top Bottom