In the Valley of Elah (2007)

Aaron r

Jedi Master
Hi, I watched this movie a little while ago on dvd and didn't post it because people might think I'm nuts due to my conclusions. But with all the latest postings on Domionism I hope it will make more sense.

Before I start I want to say that movies are great sources of unconscious programming because we sit there in a trance like state and generally switch our brains off. It is simple to then have things slip past your guard because you've let it down. Much like a C's quote:

The Denver Airport Material
November, 1997
Q: So, in other words, C__ may have been subjected to some of this programming by going there and spending so much time looking for the murals?
A: In her case, no, because you warned her, therefore her conscious state was in the "awareness mode."

"Awareness mode" lets you see the subtle suggestions being put to you.

I won't spoil the movie for those who have not seen it but give you the themes that are being presented. Essentially this movie is an attempt to strengthen the resolve of the US fundamental christians to use nukes in the next Middle Eastern conflict. How is this done?

1. Show the US military as being the best of US society: Polite clean-cut soldiers fighting the "righteous" war, Tommy-Lee(an ex-soldier and christian) is a better investigator than the civilian police, generally showing secular society as decadent.

2. Juxtapose that image of the countries finest young men with the drug-taking, hard drinking, strip club loving, murderous lost souls that return from Iraq. These men have lost their moral compass because of fighting in Iraq.

3. Show the US public as being ignorant/uncaring of the sacrifice the US soldiers are making in Iraq. The movie makes the point that a lot of these soldiers are from the South(read christians).

4. Demonize Iraq and by association the wider Middle East.

5. The story of the Valley of Elah as told by Tommy-Lee to the young boy(look at the effect a "christian man" has on the boy being raised by a single mum). It is the story of David and Goliath. The question to ask yourself is who does the character of David relate to in the US christian world and what is the story extolling them to do.

6. Show the US as being in a state of distress because of the war.

These six points are essentially themes that are hardened up into direct messages by dramatic statements by characters. It is these statements, usually given with some sort of dramatic emphasis, which are the download after the stage has been set by the themes. I hope that makes sense. There is literaly heaps of these throughout the movie relating to these themes. No one statement is conclusive on its own but they build on each other. I will give two though that relate to my hypothesis that this movie is about using nukes in the next Middle east conflict.

1. Tommy-Lee is talking to a soldier who says he wouldn't have supported using nukes before going to Iraq but now he has been there he would.

2. Tommy-Lee's telling of the story of the valley of Elah.

It is sort of fun and shocking to pull this movie apart because it really is masterful in its deviousness. If you see this movie in the light I see it, the part that is the most evil is at the end of the movie when it says it is "dedicated to the Children"(of Iraq). It is then you see we are dealing with unimaginable psychopaths.

Without trying to influence you, try to look at the movie as a pitch to fundamentalist christians and especially with regard to the recent postings on Domionism.

aaron r said:
movies are great sources of unconscious programming because we sit there in a trance like state and generally switch our brains off.

Hi aaron r.

If you haven't had chance to read it yet, try to get hold of a copy of "The Myth of Sanity" by Martha Stout. It's about dissociative states which is what you're describing above.

T.C.

aaron r said:
I will give two though that relate to my hypothesis that this movie is about using nukes in the next Middle east conflict.

1. Tommy-Lee is talking to a soldier who says he wouldn't have supported using nukes before going to Iraq but now he has been there he would.

2. Tommy-Lee's telling of the story of the valley of Elah.

It is sort of fun and shocking to pull this movie apart because it really is masterful in its deviousness. If you see this movie in the light I see it, the part that is the most evil is at the end of the movie when it says it is "dedicated to the Children"(of Iraq). It is then you see we are dealing with unimaginable psychopaths.

Without trying to influence you, try to look at the movie as a pitch to fundamentalist christians and especially with regard to the recent postings on Domionism.

Hi aaron.

I just finished watching this movie, knowing the storyline can be factual, multiplied by thousands and truthified by hundreds, from reading all the news stories on sott about the Iraq war and US soldiers. It is very difficult to talk about it without spoiling it for the rest, but i'll try:

I don't know if i agree with you that it was about nuking Middle East, but of course i wasn't watching it from a dominionist's perspective. I did get a red flag when the young soldier spoke as you described, but i think that's more about demonizing Iraq and blaming the victims for the "wounds" of the US soldiers. What i watched was a twisted attempt to bring the horrors of the war at home, mostly for the soldiers going to Iraq, not for the Iraqis. It is of course an attempt missing total objectivity, as if the creators are scared off to go all the way, but it's Hollywood, i wouldn't expect more. I found that catharsis and justice was missing, which is real life i would say, and total lack of blaming the government for this war, but subtle messages of blaming the parents for allowing their children to go be soldiers. The "punchline" was interesting though.

All in all, i would say the creators, despite their best intentions (Susan Sarandon who plays in it speaks publicly against the Iraq war, plus few of the soldiers were played by men who actually served in Iraq) do not get it, but they got something, and it can be a "pre-requisite" watch for those starting to wake up about the truths of what actually goes on, especially those thinking to serve their country or their parents. I don't know, it might be food for thought for some.

My 2 cents,

Irini

Back
Top Bottom