⚠️ Important notice about PayPal donations to FOTCM

I just did a pilot transfer using SEPA to the French account @Jefferson provided:
SEPA, short for Single Europe Payments Area, is similar to SWIFT, however it exists specifically for banking and transfers within Europe. It is much newer than SWIFT, having only been established in the late-2000s.

SEPA payments can only be in euro, unlike SWIFT which operates in many currencies. 28 EU countries in the Eurozone are part of the SEPA zone, along with Monaco, San Marino, four members of the European Free Trade Association – Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland, and other non-Eurozone countries including the UK.

(...)

SEPA payments are also much cheaper to make than SWIFT payments. SEPA transactions are required to be processed under the same terms as a domestic payment, so there are little-to-no fees attached to making a transfer. This is in stark contrast to SWIFT payments, which can sometimes cost upwards of £30 in processing fees.
My bank hasn't charged me any additional fee and informed me beforehand that the total fee should be ~0 EUR. So if the transfer will really make it to France, this could be a very good option for EU residents.

I guess that anyone saw that PayPal readded $2500 penalty just recently:

I just did a pilot transfer using SEPA to the French account @Jefferson provided:

My bank hasn't charged me any additional fee and informed me beforehand that the total fee should be ~0 EUR. So if the transfer will really make it to France, this could be a very good option for EU residents.

I guess that anyone saw that PayPal readded $2500 penalty just recently:
No extra costs or fees for me either. It is a great option for those with European bank accounts.

Very easy to set up monthly automatic bank transfers from my bank via online banking as well.

Dumping PayPal seems to be a wise decision.

I'm jumping ship from Paypal too. If someone could PM me bank details to send from Australia that would be grand. I'll wait to hear before I close my paypal account so I don't miss a payment. Thanks in advance :)

For those of you in Australia, would our bank details in the US be easier? Not sure what would make you incur more bank fees, France or the US.

By the way, THANK YOUUUUUUUU ALL!!! Whichever means you choose, we appreciate your support more than we can say, and feel extremely grateful to count on you, even in these rougher times for everyone. BIG HUG on behalf of us here in France, but also on behalf of our entire non-profit, which couldn't keep going without all your help.

ohh, can I trouble you for the same information Chu? I'd like to switch from PayPal to Wise as well.

Thanks!

I think for you the US will definitely be cheaper. Beau will be sending the information out. THANK YOU!!!

Can I also ask details for the account, I'd like to try doing a test transfer with Wise

I just sent it to you via PM.

:hug2:

Back
Top Bottom