⚠️ Important notice about PayPal donations to FOTCM

I'm currently donating to Community St Martin via Paypal and I'd like to switch to using Wise too. Is there information on the account to donate to via Wise? Should I donate to FOTCM or Community St Martin?
I used to send money to Community St Martin, but then I changed to FOTCM. Maybe I could just do a direct bank transfer to France? I mean I am in Poland and EUR transfers cost 0,20EUR, so very little. Where can I find the direct bank account to France? Was it posted here?

UPDATE: ok, I sent November and December donations now and will proceed to close the PayPal once and for all.

UPDAT 2: Just deleted my account. Uff, what a relief. In the reason I wrote: I do not want to use services of Woke Liberal Leftist organization like yours. Go woke, go broke. Your end is near... [I wonder if they fine me for that as desinfo ;-) ]

Last edited:
Well I would like my automatic monthly donations to FOTCM to go through another service if possible. Other than Wise and glorify.com are there other money transfer sites that members have used and liked? Perhaps the most important question is this, is there a service that FOTCM likes ... perhaps it's a bit easier to receive? Thanks
@Scottie, is there a service that FOTCM prefers for donations?

I think there has been quite a bit of discussion over the years, and at some point I think we reached the conclusion that no matter where the money comes from, they would get taxed on their end.

So PayPal was a good alternative, but if PayPal does go down, I daresay that something like what happened to YouTube would take place, someone else would start a company to capture the exodus. And alternatives will flourish. We'd have to keep an eye out for them though. As there are conveniences with PayPal, but I think that those would be available with an alternative as well.

Not sure how it works for those in Europe, there may be other means of transferring money directly to the Chateau, but for those who are in the US, you could always send a personal check to the folks in North Carolina, that is the cheapest way to donate and they get the full amount you write on your check.

If an alternative is being considered, I think reviewing their privacy policies/terms of agreement would be a good idea. I've only used PayPal and Stripe. With Stripe, I had a bad experience where funds were withheld for months, which happened soon after writing an article for a website that apparently was "misinformation". Though I didn't get a written confirmation as to why the funds were withheld, the sheer "coincidence" of it makes me believe the two were connected. Stripe was used to pay out funds depending on the popularity of the article. With PayPal, I had no bad experience in the past with it, but it would be good to see how their story develops and maybe have some alternatives at the ready if it goes too totalitarian.

Direct wire transfer and checks are possible alternatives that remove the middlemen, but there would be more work to integrate the UI on the web development side for that. We'd lose the easy donation button that PayPal offers since the connections would have to be built from the ground up. An upside is that we can customize it to our needs.

I used to send money to Community St Martin, but then I changed to FOTCM. Maybe I could just do a direct bank transfer to France? I mean I am in Poland and EUR transfers cost 0,20EUR, so very little. Where can I find the direct bank account to France? Was it posted here?
In Europe, direct bank transfers to the Communaute Saint Martin bank account work smoothly.

Where can I get the bank account details?
I second that. I would like to get it to make next transfer in EUR directly to their account. I can convert PLN to EUR at a good rate on my business account and then send money to my private EUR account and then to France and in 1 day they will arrive. Much better than using a ripoff exchange rate of PayPal.

A lot of banks around here (Eastern United States) use a service called Zelle where you can transfer money for free to another bank that uses it, all you need is the recipients email. Thing is though, you have to make sure you get it right because once you send the money you can't get it back if you send it to the wrong email.

Back
Top Bottom