Images on SOTT ?

I see them with google chrome, but not with firefox. My husband see them with firefox. Forget my question, obviously the problem is at my end :headbash:First clean not enough... (just one shit removed, with no change) I pursue... !

My god ! My first clean was with spybot (one shit removed), my second one was with a complete system scan with Norton (no shit detected), and my third and final one was with malwarebytes (6 shits detected and removed - malwarebytes is the winner !), and still, I don't see these pictures, but on SOTT FR, I see them ! Now I'm lost :headbash::nuts:

At least, it's not a vital thing ! I guess I should desinstall/reinstall or reinitiate firefox, but I would like to understand what the hell it can be and not do it.

An idea from a techie ??

Have you tried clearing the browsing data?
Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox

Check all the boxes and choose everything from the time range and clear them.
2018-12-05-08-50-37-ffda28.png

I tried it with "all" and not only "last hour", but nope...

To be more precise, I see the image at the top, but not the embedded pictures in the rest of the article which come from tweeter etc.

Last edited:
I tried it with "all" and not only "last hour", but nope...
Is it only for that article ?

Have-you tried to restart your computer and if that does not work, do a special magic and change it with your husband :lol2:

Is it only for that article ?

Have-you tried to restart your computer and if that does not work, do a special magic and change it with your husband :lol2:

No, it's for all the articles, for example :

But not on SOTT.fr, it displays well, and I prove it, see below
:huh:

As for the second option, not to talk about my husband view, it doesn't please me, I don't like laptop !

Have you tried opening your firefox browser in safe mode and load the page again? With that every addon should be deactivated and you can see if it works and if one addon creates the problem for you. You can follow the link below where it describes how to do it:

Thanks for your concern Gawan, I've tried it, but nope... Does anyone know an exorcist for firefox ? :lol2:

Do you see the image at the top of articles? I think what you have shown is a embedded twitter that doesn't load itself, so you only see the preliminary text placeholder, maybe due to some javascript errors or connection problems or protocol mismatch. I get some javascript errors, but the site seems to work.

Do you see the image at the top of articles? I think what you have shown is a embedded twitter that doesn't load itself, so you only see the preliminary text placeholder, maybe due to some javascript errors or connection problems or protocol mismatch. I get some javascript errors, but the site seems to work.

Yes, I see the image at the top. But what puzzle me the most is I can see the embedded pictures on SOTT.fr but not on SOTT.net ! Anyway, as I said, it's not vital, and I sincerely thank all of you who have suggested things to me, but as for now, it remains a mystery !

FWIW, it does this for me in Firefox too. I have just come to ignore it. Opening in Edge will work. It seems to be an Ad-blocking extension because if I open Firefox in safe mode (shift + click icon) it will show the twitter images.

Embedded tweets are loaded by JavaScript. IOW, what you are seeing is the plain HTML of the embedded tweet that is never processed by the Twitter JS into actual embedded tweets, because that JS code is being blocked.

It's either an ad blocker, or another culprit is the DuckDuckGo search box, which is also a "privacy enhancer" that can block all kinds of stuff.

Whatever is doing the blocking may only be enabled for "www.sott.net" and not "fr.sott.net" - for example.

Back
Top Bottom