I'm considering it. (starting a blog that is)

There's a whole thread devoted to abbreviations and acronyms for you to peruse as well - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1599.0

Oh, sweet. Thanks dudes!! :D

Okay, so here's a little more that I wrote today, for the intro bit. Make corrections if need be. I'm just making sure my writing is going to be coherent, i've never really done something like this before, much less throw it on the net for all eyes. :cool2:

First we shall make a practical examination of "reality." Let us begin with a dictionary definition. I found
seven of them:

1. the state or quality of being real.
2. resemblance to what is real.
3. a real thing or fact.
4. real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
5. Philosophy. a. something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
b. something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.

6. something that is real.
7. something that constitutes a real or actual thing, as distinguished from something that is merely apparent.

I personally like number 5.a, something that exists independantly of ideas concerning it. This is OBJECTIVE reality,

reality AS IT IS, regardless of whether you even care at all. It IS NOT DEPENDANT one anyone's subjective opinion

or speculation whatsoever. We may define objective as "the way the universe sees itself."

The reason I bring up the meaning of 'reality' and 'objective', is because later on i can guarantee someone

will want to refute something, probably because they have a subjective opinion towards what is discussed.

I highly encourage open-mindedness when reading these writings, and strongly discourage that you project

your opinions and beliefs onto the ideas. However, Questions are encouraged. Ask questions, always.

Asking questions will open the universe to you, show you things you've never seen, things you never thought you

could do. However, do not DEMAND answers from the universe, from god, from anyone really. Simple, innocent

questions without expectation of answers will suffice. No task is to be accomplished linearly...

Ideas. What are they? Dictionary. com defines an idea as:

1. any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
2. a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
3. an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
4. an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
5. a plan of action; an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
6. a groundless supposition; fantasy.
7. Philosophy. a. a concept developed by the mind.
b. a conception of what is desirable or ought to be; ideal.
c. (initial capital letter) Platonism. Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
d. Kantianism. idea of pure reason.

8. Music. a theme, phrase, or figure.
9. Obsolete. a. a likeness.
b. a mental image.

Now, we see quite a few definitions. For OUR purposes, ideas are (as described in 7.a) "concepts developed by the mind."

Concepts have an OBJECTIVE existance. Why? Our world revolves around concepts, we need concepts to be human.

Conception seperates us from the animals, as animals do not have concepts. Not that we are not "better" or "higher"

than animals in a superior way, but becuase an animal cannot take a 3rd measurement while remembering 2 others,

they have no concepts. Language is a concept. The point is, our CONCEPTS serve as components to shape our reality.

The more concepts you understand, the easier it is to understand our REALITY, objectively that is.

So ideas, concepts rather, do in fact have an objective existance, irregardless of what one BELIEVES.

abstract said:
Inner transformation? I think i see what you mean but in what way?

Taking emotions (gross matter), breaking it into it's parts (stripping it to the bone) and shaping it into something valuable (rebuilding it) that may help others do the same.

Just an amaturish alchemical reference, osit. ;D

Perceived Reality. It isn't enough to say "One could write a book' : there's a library ! _http://opitslinkfest.blogspot.com/2009/07/perception-alteration.html

All the most popular sites that I've tried have been fairly straightforward - though somehow Open Salon manages to keep my posts shorter than I've written them !! You should realize that Group Blogs and Writer's Sites encourage a person because there is more of an internal support for the new writer.
Truth to tell, most people who think about what they are doing are okay if they just write as if they were talking to someone they knew and trusted. That's all you do in sales when canvassing too, BTW
Blogger, WordPress, TypePad...those are some of the best known hosts. If you want a comprehensive list try Wikipedia.
But I don't think there's any substitute for 'learning on the job.' And for all the questions you don't know to ask...the guys here are going to think I came here to promote my links . Lists in 'Collections Forwarded to Blogger' start with the basics. And do check 'About' It's like the joke : When all else fails...follow the directions

Hi Opit,

Welcome to the forum. It's customary here to introduce yourself here on the Forum. You don't need to write anything personal. Just how you found the forum and what you are interested in. We hope you enjoy interacting here.

take care,

Herondancer

Back
Top Bottom