I'm considering it. (starting a blog that is)

abstract

Dagobah Resident
Hello cass-buds. :) For some reason tonight I was in the mood to do some writing. I kind of like what came out of it so far, but open to suggestions and proofreading. I'm not the best with grammar. :shock:

I sort of starting writing what I believe could serve as an introductory piece to a blog, some general outline of the topics i'll discuss and so forth. This isn't done by a fricking long shot, but it's the first step. I've considered calling it "please excuse me while i blow your mind", if that name is not taken already :rolleyes:. So here it is, apologies for the length, i'll space it out so it's easy to read. :D Like i said, feel free to say anything about it. :cool2:

Some people...those you would call regular people or "the average joe", wake up everyday, go to their jobs,

come home for a while to enjoy themselves, and go to bed. Throughout this, however, there is not much thought,

as to why we do this, why we follow these patterns of behavior, but more importantly, there is no thought given to

the world around him in which HE LIVES. When I tell you this, that there is no thought given to one's own environment,

what I am meaning is not just simply reading the paper or watching the news. A man cannot and will not get any

real information from the newspaper or television, he may get bits and pieces, partial understandings, hunches, speculations,

many things but NEVER A REAL ANSWER.

Because of this, their extremely narrow perception of reality, based on tiny SCRAPS

of information, can never figure out the big picture of what is going on in the world. He forgets an event very soon after he

reads about it, regarding it as insignificant in the grand scope of things. It is even worse when one watches television,

having one's brainwaves ALTERED by it into a non-thinking, non-questioning state, with audio suggestions liberally added

thereunto. He believes that a politician is a politician, a doctor a doctor, and his preacher a preacher, with hardly any

disagreement. He believes the government is doing their best, despite the conditions he witnesses every day. The supernatural

and the unexplained only exist in films for him, as fantasy. Whatever is not tangible is an afterthought, if not totally

ignored.

The type of people I am speaking of are those completely unaware of the real source of many of the world's

problems and shortcomings. They suspect something of course, but their environment is simply not designed to

help them be intelligent and insightful, questioning and vigilant, healthy and aware.

An outdated educational system, still touting the importance of rote learning, which one does not retain most of

the time, drills into their skulls mounds of information that for the most part is worthless. It does not help them

learn or grow, it teaches them to submit to authority. It crushes the very soul of a person to sit in a room, day after

day, year after year, slowly being turned into mere robots. They are merely meant to be cogs in a machine!

They are taught much, yes, but in the end have learned very little. With only 4 basic subjects and a choice of

elective classes for some, one can never obtain a clear understanding of the world. How many other subjects are

there besides math, science, history, and language? There are many sub categories in these subjects that are NOT

covered EVER, because then people would ask more questions. No one is supposed to ask questions. No one is supposed

to know how to think. Why? That is not what is wanted by our government, religions, and other institutions, who use
us all as slaves.

To even begin to understand why the world is the way it is, and WHO BENEFITS, it is important to begin with questions.

Questions lead to answers, usually leading to more questions. You are never done questioning, ever, no matter how many

answers you get. Thats the depth and vastness of our reality. That's how much there is to know.

Yes looks good, abstract. I would venture that you might even have a "blogbuster" so to speak. ;)

Oh, thanks vulcan. :lol: and thank you guys for your encouragement.

I do have a couple other questions though. What is a good site to blog on? I hate myspace, it's, well... :evil:

And how to even begin to tackle writing about this huge stack of virtual information i have to draw from? :O

I know that there needs to be a very frank discussion on psychopathy, since it is a major problem, but it's one of my more recent studies

and I'd rather not just copycat the internet or the forum. I need the information to be relevant and objectve as it can be.

The following quote was an inspiration to me:

Q: (L) You mean, if we, our group, our forum, our activities generate certain energies, it empowers people who aren't even connected to us to do things?

A: Yes

Q: (L) Well!

(C******) So they would have the courage to stand up and say what really is.

abstract said:
Oh, thanks vulcan. :lol: and thank you guys for your encouragement.

I do have a couple other questions though. What is a good site to blog on? I hate myspace, it's, well... :evil:

And how to even begin to tackle writing about this huge stack of virtual information i have to draw from? :O

hey abstract,

There are lots of options. Here are a few ideas:

www.stumbleupon.com
(here's an old lapsed blog of mine on there: link, yes it's old and some of the pics have expired, but it might give you an idea)

or www.wordpress.com can host a proper traditional blog
(again, an old one of mine here: nuosphere blog)

or do a video blog and stick it on youtube, like you've already done with your 'rant' ;)

or if you're feeling really ambitious, host your own website, where you can do what you want, without being restricted by the standard blog structure like so: a-tangled-web. that's only an option for techies though, I guess.

As for how to organise the material, I think the thing to do is to pick away at one thing at a time - whatever you feel passionate about at the moment, because you'll be able to cover it more eloquently. You'll probably find that as you write, your knowledge grows anyway, and it'll develop naturally.

abstract said:

Now your making it sound like a 'job.' :P

Start with whatever subject gets you 'riled up.' 'Stupid people' comes to mind. What makes people stupid? What's being done to them? How do you feel about? What's the data that backs it up? How do you see it's consequences in your life? Are these stupid questions? If so, sorry. :D

abstract said:
I need the information to be relevant and objectve as it can be.

Relevant? What's going on in your life at the moment? Your peers? Local community? Politics, religion? What is your target audience talking about? Ignoring?

Objective? What are the data that backs up your statements? The process of gathering the information you need and presenting it and interacting with your audience would be a creative way to take an emotional issue and rewire your brain. That would be an inner transformation for you, osit.

The SOTT writers/Editors's connecting the dot series and process can be applied on any scale to 'draw the picture' for the reader.

Fwiw

- Hey abstract

I enjoyed reading your post and surely will read your blog if you continue with that.

"please excuse me while i blow your mind"

I think it's a great name!

BTW: setting your thoughts on 'paper' I think is a great way into getting to know them more. It also feels very relieved after it, at least for me. Like you are 5 pounds/kg lighter after it.

Start with whatever subject gets you 'riled up.' 'Stupid people' comes to mind. What makes people stupid? What's being done to them? How do you feel about? What's the data that backs it up? How do you see it's consequences in your life? Are these stupid questions? If so, sorry.

Dude, I woke up, lit a cigarette, and got on here and i will start being productive as soon as i stop laughing at the above comment. :lol:

Now your making it sound like a 'job.'

True, it's not a job. But, I believe if you are going to do something, try to do it well! :) All I really meant was that I didn't really want to put anything in there that wasn't a FACT. Opinions come under scrutiny too easily.

Objective? What are the data that backs up your statements? The process of gathering the information you need and presenting it and interacting with your audience would be a creative way to take an emotional issue and rewire your brain. That would be an inner transformation for you, osit.

Inner transformation? I think i see what you mean but in what way? and will someone PLEASE tell me what osit means, i've been here 3 months and i have no idea. :halo:

or do a video blog and stick it on youtube, like you've already done with your 'rant'

Thanks for those sites, nomad. I'll check them out when my brain decides to get back to full throttle. I was considering doing videos too, as maybe
offshoots to the writing? But then again It takes way longer to make a video, writing is so much quicker for larger amounts of information, imo.

Back
Top Bottom