I want to emigrate to Russia

Vic

Jedi Council Member
Laura and family should move to Russia where they would be safe.

I have mentioned to my wife about emigrating to Russia a few times over the last couple of years. She can't do it because of her elderly and vulnerable parents. So I'm stuck in the UK, one of the three axis of evil. Born and bred in London, a place that in my childhood you could leave your doors open without fear, and if a stranger asked for directions they would get them with a friendly, helpful attitude. It's now full of division and suspicion. I left London 20 years ago and it was one of the better decisions of my life.

I read an RT article that just confirmed my views about Russia:

Leave out London & pack Paris in! Thriving metropolises like Moscow or Dubai now offer far more for a post-coronavirus getaway

Although Russia in many respects is much better than how it is being portrayed in the West, please consider that there is a big difference between experiencing Russia as a tourist and living in it. Just like anywhere else, there are good and bad points to consider, and it's not possible to declare that someone will be totally "safe" practically anywhere on this planet. Basically, no place should be idealized, especially since now Russia, and particularly Moscow, also participate in corona craziness.

There is much more that can be said about it, and it is indeed possible to have a good life in Russia. But it depends on many factors, like a good steady income. But I guess the same applies to other coutries as well. fwiw.

Last edited:
I looked into this several months ago, largely because I'm both sick of and spooked by the precipitous decline of western countries into woke totalitarianism, which Russia seems at least partly resistant to. However, my impression is that immigrating to Russia is anything but easy. Getting in as a tourist is fine, but permanent residency is difficult, and a work permit even more so, to say nothing of naturalizing.

The article you linked reads like a tourism ad. It sounds nice, but it's not the kind of information one should base such a life-altering decision on.

A few questions for you. How do you know that everyone at the Chateau isn't just fine where they are? How do you know they will be safer in Russia? It would take an enormous investment for them (or anyone) to move. Have you heard the story of how the Chateau was found? And as an aside, anytime someone starts saying 'should', and doesn't give clear logical reasons, I get very curious. Perhaps in part you want the Chateau crew to move there to assuage your own doubts and justify your own plan? Is that an accurate assessment?

For yourself, have you thought through all the potential implications of moving to Russia? For instance, how will you find work? Where will you live? Do you speak Russian? What is your knowledge of its culture and history? Who will your allies be? In other words, what is your plan, in concrete terms? And what problems can you foresee with your plan, and how will you act proactively to mitigate them?

Perhaps you might have conversations with actual Russians to get more data. Another source would be people who've already done what you're aiming for, and start listening to their stories.

Although Russia in many respects is much better than how it is being portrayed in the West, please consider that there is a big difference between experiencing Russia as a tourist and living in it. Just like anywhere else, there are good and bad points to consider, and it's not possible to declare that someone will be totally "safe" practically anywhere on this planet. Basically, no place should be idealized, especially since now Russia, and particularly Moscow, also participate in corona craziness.

There is much more that can be said about it, and it is indeed possible to have a good life in Russia. But it depends on many factors, like a good steady income. But I guess the same applies to other coutries as well. fwiw.
Yes, I should have chosen my words more carefully. I wasn't suggesting anyone would be totally 'safe' despite my words, in fact, suggesting that very concept.

What I should have said that knowing, from this forum, Laura and family's views on Putin's Russia, it would surely be a better bet than Macron's France.

In terms of having a 'good, steady income' I now trade the financial markets full time, online. So all I would need is internet access, as would Laura and family, in terms of income. If I am mistaken on the last part of the previous sentence please correct me.

The article you linked reads like a tourism ad. It sounds nice, but it's not the kind of information one should base such a life-altering decision on.
Yes, it did. I didn't actually say I based my desire to move to Russia on that article though.
A few questions for you. How do you know that everyone at the Chateau isn't just fine where they are?
Absolutely. Pure assumption on my part.
How do you know they will be safer in Russia? It would take an enormous investment for them (or anyone) to move. Have you heard the story of how the Chateau was found? And as an aside, anytime someone starts saying 'should', and doesn't give clear logical reasons, I get very curious.
Curiosity is a good thing in this instance. It allowed your response which has led to my questioning my motivations behind my post
Perhaps in part you want the Chateau crew to move there to assuage your own doubts and justify your own plan? Is that an accurate assessment?
No, I don't think so. I have always been somewhat of a risk-taker. Usually it has been me taking the first step, and others basing decisions on that. I can see why you would think that might be the motivation though.
For yourself, have you thought through all the potential implications of moving to Russia? For instance, how will you find work? Where will you live? Do you speak Russian? What is your knowledge of its culture and history? Who will your allies be? In other words, what is your plan, in concrete terms? And what problems can you foresee with your plan, and how will you act proactively to mitigate them?
I earn my living online so income would probably not present any more of a challenge that it does anywhere else. All the other issues you mention would obviously be part of the plan. I'm not intending to leave for Russia imminently. The title of the thread is 'I want to emigrate to Russia.'
Perhaps you might have conversations with actual Russians to get more data. Another source would be people who've already done what you're aiming for, and start listening to their stories.
Yes, absolutely.

I looked into this several months ago, largely because I'm both sick of and spooked by the precipitous decline of western countries into woke totalitarianism, which Russia seems at least partly resistant to. However, my impression is that immigrating to Russia is anything but easy. Getting in as a tourist is fine, but permanent residency is difficult, and a work permit even more so, to say nothing of naturalizing.
Yes, I would be surprised if it was easy to emigrate to Russia. At least for the likes of the average income earner. The right amount of money will get anyone into any country, I believe. I don't have that sort of money, so if I did go for it I'd have to do it the more difficult way. But then again I have found that some dreams overcome all obstacles, even those that seem impossible to overcome.

In the opening line of this thread I was very lazy in my use of words. I apologise for that. Looking back at it I realise that what was behind it was actually a question. The question was ' why hasn't Laura and family moved to Russia'

While that's none of my business of course, I should have at least taken time to think about why I was posting, rather than coming indoors from being in 32 degree heat in the garden, and pouring half-formulated thoughts into the forum.

Given that we have a thread here about how Russia has gone full bore with forced vaxxer madness as @Keit mentioned, why would you (or anyone) want to move there?!?

If we're going to start promoting places to move to, why not Florida? Why not the middle of the Ozarks, Blue Ridge Mountains, or Pyrenees? Or, better yet, what would it take to make your current situation more livable?

Given that we have a thread here about how Russia has gone full bore with forced vaxxer madness as @Keit mentioned,
Your way of describing Russia's response to covid is very emotional. Do you have links with Russia? Keit actually said 'corona craziness' which for me does the job in describing what's taking place in many countries, including my own.
why would you (or anyone) want to move there?!?
Because unlike most of the world's population I don't regard the covid phenomenon as the sole issue on which to base decisions.
If we're going to start promoting places to move to, why not Florida? Why not the middle of the Ozarks, Blue Ridge Mountains, or Pyrenees? Or, better yet,
Are 'we' going to start promoting places to move too? I'm certainly not. Are you? Indeed, why not Florida, the Ozarks, Blue Ridge Mountains or Pyrenees?
what would it take to make your current situation more livable?
My current situation is fully 'liveable' and doesn't need anything to make it 'more liveable' - we can have desires based on what we would like to experience. They don't have to be because our current situations need to be 'more liveable'

If I wanted to emigrate somewhere, I would first geather a decent lot of information about that place from various sources, especially from the locals and other emigrants.

If after such research I was still interested, I would personally visit that place at least as a tourist, and more than once. Because theory is good, but in practice one can encounter all kinds of unexpected problems. It can be climate-related health issues, allergy to local flora and what not.

If after such visit I still wanted to emigrate, I would start making more steps in that direction.

As for me, I have been living in Russia all my life. There were times in the 90s when I considered emigration, because the country was collapsing back then. Now I don't have such an idea, as the situation has changed significantly since then.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Russia is a huge country, which includes 85 federal territories, 11 time zones and 7 climate zones from arctic to subtropical. So moving to Russia can mean quite a different set of conditions depending on the location alone.

The regions are very different. Some regions are very cold, other regions have active volcanos, seas, oceans. Some regions are ethnic republics with very specific culture, religion and customs. Some regions are densely populated, other regions are sparsely populated.

Just to give an example, people from the north of Russia often move to the south of Russia hoping that they will escape the cold climate. Many of them later regret this decision. In the south they encounter different mentality and traditions, and the hot climate is not always good for them.

Just some things to consider, fwiw.

If I wanted to emigrate somewhere, I would first geather a decent lot of information about that place from various sources, especially from the locals and other emigrants.

If after such research I was still interested, I would personally visit that place at least as a tourist, and more than once. Because theory is good, but in practice one can encounter all kinds of unexpected problems. It can be climate-related health issues, allergy to local flora and what not.

If after such visit I still wanted to emigrate, I would start making more steps in that direction.

As for me, I have been living in Russia all my life. There were times in the 90s when I considered emigration, because the country was collapsing back then. Now I don't have such an idea, as the situation has changed significantly since then.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Russia is a huge country, which includes 85 federal territories, 11 time zones and 7 climate zones from arctic to subtropical. So moving to Russia can mean quite a different set of conditions depending on the location alone.

The regions are very different. Some regions are very cold, other regions have active volcanos, seas, oceans. Some regions are ethnic republics with very specific culture, religion and customs. Some regions are densely populated, other regions are sparsely populated.

Just to give an example, people from the north of Russia often move to the south of Russia hoping that they will escape the cold climate. Many of them later regret this decision. In the south they encounter different mentality and traditions, and the hot climate is not always good for them.

Just some things to consider, fwiw.
That's great, Siberia. Thank you so much for that. The vastness, and the beauty of Russia. So it seems that many Russians do not know their own country, probably due to it's size. Nations within a nation. The climate extremes present challenges that some rise to, others don't. I'm intrigued even more by Russia.

I live in Belarus. Culturally, historically, in terms of mentality, this is a country very close to the European part of Russia. I always keep in mind the plan of moving to Russia itself, in the event of global cataclysms or wars on our territory. But I understand, as @Siberia said, that the mentality of different peoples and districts is very different. South and North can be very different in culture. I would have no language barriers, since Russian is my native language, but I think I would have faced certain differences in legal terms and bureaucracy (to a greater or lesser extent).
It should also be remembered that some members of the Russian government are now actively dragging the country into the coronavirus madness. And I do not think that something will change, despite the fact that the bulk of people understand the stupidity of measures here too.

As Cs said, there are no safe places on earth . (not literally, but the essence is this)

As Cs said, there are no safe places on earth .
Thank you for your reply, AndrewMN. I felt moved to post the following in response to the last thing you said

A: The only defense needed is knowledge. Knowledge defends you against every possible form of harm in existence. The more knowledge you have, the less fear you have, the less pain you have, the less stress you feel, the less anguish you feel, and the less danger you experience of any form or sort. Think of this very carefully now for this is very important: Where is there any limitation in the concept behind the word "knowledge"? Being that there is no limitation, what is the value of that word? Infinite. Can you conceive of how that one concept, that one meaning frees you from all limitation? Use your sixth sense to conceive of how the word, the term, the meaning of knowledge can provide with all that you could possibly ever need. If you think carefully you will begin to see glimpses of how this is true in its greatest possible form.

Q: (L) Does this include knowledge learned from books?

A: This includes all possible meanings of the concept of the word. Can you think of how it would be that simply with one term, this one word can carry so much meaning? We sense that you are not completely aware. You can have glimpses of illumination and illumination comes from knowledge. If you strive perpetually to gain and gather knowledge, you provide yourself with protection from every possible negative occurrence that could ever happen. Do you know why this is? The more knowledge you have, the more awareness you have as to how to protect yourself. Eventually this awareness becomes so powerful and so all encompassing that you do not even have to perform tasks or rituals, if you prefer, to protect yourself. The protection simply comes naturally with the awareness.

Q: (L) Does knowledge have a substance or an existence apart from its possession or its acceptance?

A: Knowledge has all substance. It goes to the core of all existence.

Q: (L) So acquiring knowledge includes adding substance to one's being?

A: Indeed. It includes adding everything to one's being that is desirable. And also, when you keep invoking the light, as you do, truly understand that the light is knowledge. That is the knowledge which is at the core of all existence. And being at the core of all existence it provides protection from every form of negativity in existence. Light is everything and everything is knowledge and knowledge is everything. You are doing extremely well in acquiring of knowledge. Now all you need is the faith and realization that acquiring of knowledge is all you need.

Q: (L) I just want to be sure that the source that I am acquiring the knowledge from is not a deceptive source.

A: If you simply have faith, no knowledge that you could possibly acquire could possibly be false because there is no such thing. Anyone or anything that tries to give you false knowledge, false information, will fail. The very material substance that the knowledge takes on, since it is at the root of all existence, will protect you from absorption of false information which is not knowledge. There is no need to fear the absorption of false information when you are simply openly seeking to acquire knowledge. And knowledge forms the protection -- all the protection you could ever need.

Laura and family should move to Russia where they would be safe.

I have mentioned to my wife about emigrating to Russia a few times over the last couple of years. She can't do it because of her elderly and vulnerable parents. So I'm stuck in the UK, one of the three axis of evil. Born and bred in London, a place that in my childhood you could leave your doors open without fear, and if a stranger asked for directions they would get them with a friendly, helpful attitude. It's now full of division and suspicion. I left London 20 years ago and it was one of the better decisions of my life.

I read an RT article that just confirmed my views about Russia:

Leave out London & pack Paris in! Thriving metropolises like Moscow or Dubai now offer far more for a post-coronavirus getaway
Being in the UK sounds like being stuck in the belly of the beast, just like here in the US (at least I'm in a red state). I can understand wanting to leave, being around all the propaganda, zombie OPs just going along mindlessly with everything, the overwhelming amount of lies in media.

I think a critical factor for me would be family - the West is increasingly a hostile place to raise a family, and requires much more strategic navigation to raise children to be mentally and physically healthy, protecting them from certain propaganda, taking them out of horrible school system (Common Core is so awful, it really is designed to be make kids dumber than previous generations), and generally living around more rational people (I.E. people who still push back on extreme agendas like sex ed, critical race theory, and just overall degenerate culture). So in this respect, if you have kids, or want to have kids - moving to some place that is more family friendly like Russia, Belarus, etc seems like a good option. Like another poster said, every places will have it's good and bad, you just have to decide what trade-offs you're willing to make based on what you value the most. And then, it will be a difficult journey - cultural differences, languages, job market / economy.

Back
Top Bottom