I think Kanye West is one of us

Artex

Jedi
I've been listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast interview with Kanye West. I've never listened to his music and largely have ignored his existence, believing it to be more celebrity noise. But after I started listening to what he has to say, and being allowed and encouraged (by Rogan) to explain, I think he's one of us. He's had an awakening, like a shamanic awakening, but as a famous person and largely in public. I can only imagine how stressful that is. I also think he has a brain like Elon Musk, running at 10,000 RPM, but hasn't learned to focus as well on what's coming out of his mouth.

Nothing he has to say is crazy. He even talks about God in a way that makes me think he's found his will and is riding it like a bucking bronco, letting the universe direct him where to go and trying not to fall off. Whether he's bipolar or not (and I tend not to believe that now), that label has essentially silenced him since whenever he says anything controversial, he's just that crazy rapper with bipolar disorder. It's kind of insidious.

Anywho, just a thought that struck me.

Maybe I´ll have to try again, I stopped the interview after around 10 minutes first time I tried, because I found it really hard to listen to Kanye, he´s all over the place.
He's all over the place because everything is inextricably linked. He's not going off on unrelated tangents. I'll be frank though, if I'd seen this interview 2 years ago, I might think he was out of his mind. Now, he may be a little naive, but he doesn't even seem as egotistical as he did when he was younger. It's also amazing to me that he remembers all the names of people he's worked with on various projects, who aren't famous people you'd normally namedrop. I like that he gives them credit where they've earned it.

He's all over the place because everything is inextricably linked. He's not going off on unrelated tangents. I'll be frank though, if I'd seen this interview 2 years ago, I might think he was out of his mind. Now, he may be a little naive, but he doesn't even seem as egotistical as he did when he was younger. It's also amazing to me that he remembers all the names of people he's worked with on various projects, who aren't famous people you'd normally namedrop. I like that he gives them credit where they've earned it.
I watched it and found him to be a very interesting person. His mind seems to work similarly to Russell Brand (I'm reminded of this interview, and Peterson's comments). I was genuinely moved at some points of the interview, and thought Rogan did an excellent job. Wouldn't go so far as to say he's one of us, but Kanye is definitely more sane than 99% of public personalities. ;)

After watching I saw Scott Adams posted his take on Twitter. Also worth watching, IMO:

Maybe I´ll have to try again, I stopped the interview after around 10 minutes first time I tried, because I found it really hard to listen to Kanye, he´s all over the place.

I have to say that I had a pretty similar reaction. I couldn't take more than a couple of minutes. I was kind of put off by him thinking of himself as a visionary, genius etc. that should "lead the free world" as president and leader. I also have to say that it is and always was quite beyond me why so many people think of him in that genius way. His "music" for example (if you can call it that) is also described by many people in this "genius" fashion, which is absolutely beyond me. Frankly speaking, I find his "music" gross and simple-minded. It is an affront IMO that what he does is even considered and praised as music. It also seems that this image of him as genius or whatever went to his head. Having said that, I might be missing a lot here and have come to a presumptuous opinion there. I haven't followed anything he did really, so I might be missing something.

I have to say that I had a pretty similar reaction. I couldn't take more than a couple of minutes. I was kind of put off by him thinking of himself as a visionary, genius etc. that should "lead the free world" as president and leader. I also have to say that it is and always was quite beyond me why so many people think of him in that genius way. His "music" for example (if you can call it that) is also described by many people in this "genius" fashion, which is absolutely beyond me. Frankly speaking, I find his "music" gross and simple-minded. It is an affront IMO that what he does is even considered and praised as music. It also seems that this image of him as genius or whatever went to his head. Having said that, I might be missing a lot here and have come to a presumptuous opinion there. I haven't followed anything he did really, so I might be missing something.
Can't say I disagree with anything you said above. I think he's a "genius" in the way Donald Trump is a "genius". ;-) What's most interesting to me isn't any particular thing they have created or done (whether Kanye's music or fashion design, or Trump's business enterprise and branding), but they way in which they've done it. They both have a particular something - which seems to be some strange combination of ego and a sixth sense for what will 'work' - that makes them successful. They're both enigmas. And coincidentally, both refer to themselves as geniuses. (Though always remember, Trump is a stable genius! :lol:)

I have found him a bit erratic at times and unintelligible at others, even to the point of talking gibberish, but if anything, I find the guy authentic, and the same applies for Trump as mentioned before. To go 180º against his environment with his embrace of religion is nothing short of bold, and as Trump, they guy has apparently amassed enough reputation for him to be a bit immune of the backlash that would naturally follow nowadays.

I started listening to it the other day and I was also reminded of this concept of lateral thinking, where they speak in a way that isn’t linear per se, it’s more like a spiral.

All these ideas and events come to the fore and they’re all somehow related but it’s hard to maintain focus because he speaks of all of them with deep seriousness.

I think he’s sincere, I think he realizes the futility of a lot of the music industry and even the political establishment, and seems intent on changing it. And then he sees that and expands it to the world, and I think he has the impetus to attempt to carry it out and probably make some headway, but not any large change I’m afraid.

Another thing I found interesting was that he thinks in songs and movies and stories, he’d start a story and then add a movie line or scene to continue with his concept, was rather interesting.

Not going to hold my breath for some massive inspiration by Kanye, but I won’t dismiss him entirely, like it was said above, he’s at least able to think for himself and act it out, something the large majority of the entertainment industry seems incapable of attempting, and when they do, it’s usually to push an agenda that has been pre scripted.

His "music" for example (if you can call it that) is also described by many people in this "genius" fashion, which is absolutely beyond me. Frankly speaking, I find his "music" gross and simple-minded. It is an affront IMO that what he does is even considered and praised as music. I

His last album, Jesus is King, is actually a big change from all his previous work, focusing on gospel sounds and lyrics focused on God/Christianity. Definitely a Christian theme to it. Seems like Kanye has matured a lot over the last few years.

If find it very interesting that he has pretty decent basic knowledge of some deeper psychological issues the world face, the slaver elite, the cultural programming, mental slavery and control through fear, worry, anxiety that eat the life force versus Fear of god/Faith that promotes creativity.
For me his "Fearlessness", Confidence and boldness is very inspiring and refreshing compared to the false modesty we see in other popular woke artist, akin to Trump anti-political correctness.

During the first half I tended to think that he was pretty naive and somewhat childish dreamer, but when he was questionned on more serious subject mostly during the second half about his presidential candidacy I found it very interesting and very much appreciated how he addressed the serious questions by conveying in his own "philosophical" way that you can't offer simple answer to deeper issues.

Seemed to me, he's not so much naive as I originally though, he seems to have given a lot of deeper thoughs about the issues of the world, rather his artistic, philosophical way of thinking doesnt help when trying to convey ideas in the practical way we're used to. I was reminded that some part of "The idea of history" were discussing about the difference between the poet or artist way of grasping the world vs the historian or scientifist... I though that might explain why Kanye way of expressing his ideas seems so all over the place...

I'm still very much on the fence about him. He's done and said some questionable things in his career, yet I think the way he's shifted in the past couple of years is interesting, and how he started to become a prominent voice among black conservatives. I think the black conservative perspective is one that needs to be heard more right now, to balance out the lunacy of the radical left and BLM.

I watched it and found him to be a very interesting person. His mind seems to work similarly to Russell Brand (I'm reminded of this interview, and Peterson's comments). I was genuinely moved at some points of the interview, and thought Rogan did an excellent job. Wouldn't go so far as to say he's one of us, but Kanye is definitely more sane than 99% of public personalities. ;)

After watching I saw Scott Adams posted his take on Twitter. Also worth watching, IMO:

I agree with everything Scott Adams said. I was glued to the headphones for the entire duration of the interview. For those who couldn't sit through the entire thing I encourage watching it to the end.

There's information about black celebrities fundamentally having handlers to corral that population, how the toxicity of the environment damages our connections with the divine, his plans to re-design agriculture for food security and health, his work in creating gospel music to bring people together in massive stadiums for spiritual hymns, wanting to found protestant monasteries in the US. He even talks about the (speculated) assassinations of JFK, RFK, Bob Marlee, Bruce Lee, among others in an offhand way. He talks about the moral struggle he had with his wife about possibly aborting their child, some of the things he would do as president especially with re-designing American cities away from the heavy commuting lifestyles.

Everyone seems to have this idea that Kanye is "kind of crazy," but I think this idea came from mainstream media osmosis. If nobody here ever read or watched or paid any attention to Jordan Peterson, I'm sure people would also get the impression just through the "background music" of him being some kind of reactionary radical. He was put on medication for saying "slavery is a choice" (he was talking about the naked exploitation of artists in the music industry), and he promptly got off the medication because it prevented him from being himself and having his ideas and create drive.

Can't say I disagree with anything you said above. I think he's a "genius" in the way Donald Trump is a "genius". ;-) What's most interesting to me isn't any particular thing they have created or done (whether Kanye's music or fashion design, or Trump's business enterprise and branding), but they way in which they've done it. They both have a particular something - which seems to be some strange combination of ego and a sixth sense for what will 'work' - that makes them successful. They're both enigmas. And coincidentally, both refer to themselves as geniuses. (Though always remember, Trump is a stable genius! :lol:)

One quote of Kanye's that stuck out was that he feels that God gave him a big ego to overcome the negative programming and culturally imposed limitations on himself that he was inculcated with. He also shared that God has been challenging him on that though, telling him "haven't I given you enough?" and calling Kanye to differentiate when he was doing things for his ego and when he was doing things for God (such as running for president, which he was asked to do).

Kanye seems to have this all-consuming faith in himself, which is starting to be exceeded by his religious faith. I wish I had one tenth of the faith that Kanye has. The similarity people see between Trump and Kanye may not be wholly coincidental. These are both highly charismatic and inspirational figures, and seem to be looking at the object from all angles simultaneously (even though Kanye tends to speak as if you were already at his level). Hearing them talk sincerely I feel like I start to understand what it must have felt like to have been in the presence of Caesar.

Q: (L) During a previous reading we asked several questions about Jesus of Nazareth known as the Christ. The question was asked: "Was Jesus special, that is, Christed, in some way?" The answer came back was: "Quick exalted; wars; civil entrancement. Zindar council." I would like to know the meaning of these references.

A: Quick exalted refers to a sudden boost of awareness level as related to your previous questions about knowledge. Sometimes that acquisition can occur in a surge and sometimes this is referred to as illumination. Jesus acquired his knowledge by having complete faith in his ability to acquire the knowledge from a higher source. This faith caused an equal balancing interaction with higher sources, which allowed him to gain supreme knowledge simply by having that faith. Remember that the resources for the acquisition of knowledge in the space/time ere of Christ were much more limited than they are now. There were few options open for acquiring true knowledge except total and complete faith. And this one was instilled with the awareness that total and complete faith would cause dramatic and spectacular acquisition of knowledge; also would cause dramatic and spectacular progression of the soul being. Therefore, the faith was felt, the knowledge was received.

Q: (L) How did this sublime being, the Christ, dwell in a human body?

A: Natural process caused by supremely pure faith and thought.
Q: (L) Regarding the "Fall" in Eden and the loss of the Edenic state, how long ago did that happen?

A: 309000 years ago approx.

Q: (L) What was the situation... what happened... what was the state of mankind?

A: Loss of faith caused knowledge and physical restrictions by outside forces.

Back
Top Bottom