Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

They hurt my stomach!
Indeed! I know where you're coming from but the bloke who owns it is a decent man. Works his butt off and lives under constant threat of Aussie authorities doing their Aussie thing and shutting him down because of one whiny complaint from a fragile customer and Aussies love to whine these days but only if it's against a soft target.

They voted Dan Andrews back in down Victoria, need more sessions!

I don't know. Remember the case of the little girl who had a stroke en utero and has now had over 1000 sessions with all her attendant improvements? How much CAN we improve? What are the limits?

I don't recall anything else we've done over the years that is so generally beneficial and appears to have so much potential with no downsides.

I'm beginning to think that all members should get together in small groups and buy units together - say 8 people max - and set up a way for all to participate in the benefits for extended periods of time. Obviously, that is not possible paying for sessions at a commercial place. But one machine can run all day and do 8 sessions. You have to allow the ten minutes or so for pressurizing and a few minutes for coming up. But 8 is doable if you schedule tightly. So, dividing the cost between 8 people might be manageable.

Also, if someone is better able to afford the unit and there are other members nearby who can't afford much to pitch in, it would be a service to include them also.
I do not have enough space in the house for a chamber so I bought a concentrator to use while exercising. I am collecting data on this project of my results and will post soon. I am all in on sharing but I'm not close to anyone to make that feasible. There is a clinic with a soft sided chamber and I'll use that for boosting my home exercise with oxygen method.

All in all, Laura, I am so grateful for your inspiration about this since I got a diagnosis of melanoma and the knowledge of oxygen therapy will be front and center on my path forward. As for our need for more oxygen, I have also started using oxygen-2L while I sleep and boy was that a profound surprise. I am getting deeper sleep (healing phase of sleep), which is improving the data that is indicating significant positive improvement towards healing.

My post about exercising with oxygen is very complicated because I'm tracking multiple data points: exercise, sleep, and nutrition. As a spoiler alert, I am finding out that it is a fantastic co-therapy and it's effects are different but highly beneficial.

Oxygen therapy is on the cutting edge of regenerative health care, and as for me, YES, more is better. :clap:

I tried to get on board this morning for my first session with a Macypan 1.5 ATA that I rented from @dredger and I could only go up to 1.2 Ata and I stopped after 10 minutes, a first apprehension with this small space in which we lock ourselves and then my ears that felt like they were literally going to explode made me stop. I tried to yawn, to make my jaw move, to pinch my nose, nothing to do, I had like ants in my ears and a swelling which made me anxious, I wondered if I should not try by chewing a gum in the rise

1670066590721.png

I tried to get on board this morning for my first session with a Macypan 1.5 ATA that I rented from @dredger and I could only go up to 1.2 Ata and I stopped after 10 minutes, a first apprehension with this small space in which we lock ourselves and then my ears that felt like they were literally going to explode made me stop. I tried to yawn, to make my jaw move, to pinch my nose, nothing to do, I had like ants in my ears and a swelling which made me anxious, I wondered if I should not try by chewing a gum in the rise

View attachment 67694
Just in case a few things.

When you say that you pinched your nose, I assume that in the maneuver you would "blow" through your nose, with your nose obstructed with your fingers. That balances the pressure.

Then..., you don't wait to feel discomfort or pain in the ears. Pressure balance should be done by covering your nose and blowing through it every few seconds as the pressure rises. If you wait too long to compensate, the pressure is too strong and you can only compensate by "rising" at lower pressure.

And finally, if you have wax plugs in your ears (even if it is partial without completely plugging), the plug will prevent you from equalizing the pressure in your ears.

I already commented on all this in this thread, but it is already a long thread and I will mention it again just in case.

Just in case a few things.

When you say that you pinched your nose, I assume that in the maneuver you would "blow" through your nose, with your nose obstructed with your fingers. That balances the pressure.

Then..., you don't wait to feel discomfort or pain in the ears. Pressure balance should be done by covering your nose and blowing through it every few seconds as the pressure rises. If you wait too long to compensate, the pressure is too strong and you can only compensate by "rising" at lower pressure.

And finally, if you have wax plugs in your ears (even if it is partial without completely plugging), the plug will prevent you from equalizing the pressure in your ears.

I already commented on all this in this thread, but it is already a long thread and I will mention it again just in case.
Thank you for pointing out these tips in your message, I was just rereading the whole thread and I took note of some good "maneuvers" to perform! I'll keep you posted, it is planned that I try again this afternoon

In my case, the Valsava maneuver didn't work. But swallowing many times worked. Also massaging my ears.
You must be relaxed because the muscle tension throughout the body also tightens up Eustachian muscle, which prevents the euxtachian tube to open and equalize the air pression on both sides of the eardrum.

Also, at the 2nd session, you'll see it will be easier. At the 3rd you won't feel any ache, and at the 4th or 5th, you'll not notice anything in your ears. The earache is only during 1st and 2 nd session, in most of people. Be confident, and relax :-)

1.3 ATA is too low. Next time, check if you had completely closed the zip. If it's allways low, then send an email to Iris from Macy-Pan.

Ah OK. So next time, you can also increase the pressure slowly, in small steps, and stop when a pain is triggered then resume the slow increase of the pressure. If the pain is clear, decrease the pression again and so on. And during all this time, try to equalize the pressure of the ear by swallowing, chewing, etc.

A la prochaine séance, tu peux augmenter la pression doucement, par petits paliers, et en t'arrêtant quand une douleur se déclenche puis reprendre l'augmentation lente de la pression. Si la douleur est nette, rediminuer la pression et ainsi de suite. Et pendant tout ce temps, essayer d'égaliser la pression de l'oreille en avalant, mastiquant, etc.

Then..., you don't wait to feel discomfort or pain in the ears. Pressure balance should be done by covering your nose and blowing through it every few seconds as the pressure rises. If you wait too long to compensate, the pressure is too strong and you can only compensate by "rising" at lower pressure
I did exactly that every 5 second and it works perfectly, no pain at all. Thank you again thumb up

37AA792B-BFDC-4F2B-8B17-3BE6D952E6E2.jpeg

Ok, in general I feel more inflamed/pain in my feet, knees and hips than last time, they don't seem to progress. Maybe somewhat stronger or more endurance in other parts of my body. My skin has started drive me crazy, itching and burning. It's a little weird because it was my back that made me bedridden, never had any issues with my feet, knees, hips, or skin.

Did the iodine nuking for 4 days, then my body said no. Think it reduced my upper abdominal pain somewhat. Will try some Ivermectin if I can get my hands on it. Maybe parasites are the connection between skin, stomach pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, done a lot of things except the Ivermectin thing.

I started doing Elliots Thiamin protocol 3 weeks ago, no conclusions yet other than I can't handle TTFD supplement so I start with Benfothiamin.

I feel low, hoped that I could be able to leave my apartment by now.

But, finally I managed to get a chiropractor to make a home visit since my knees and hips don't get better, he took a look at my x-rays and decided to make regular visits.

200 sessions.

@worldbridger,

Don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread to you, but I see a Chiropractor AND an Osteopath M.D. They really do complement each other and my Osteopath (who is also my primary care doctor) said that both health modalities work well with each other. And it seems to work very well for me.

Another thing about your skin itching ..... my ex-husband took lots of meds. As a result his skin itching would literally make him scratch so much he would bleed. I do not know if it was the meds or something else that caused the itching. But he finally went to see a dermtologist who also used these beds of "red light therapy". And that therapy was the ONLY thing that made his skin condition calm down.

In my case, the Valsava maneuver didn't work. But swallowing many times worked. Also massaging my ears.
You must be relaxed because the muscle tension throughout the body also tightens up Eustachian muscle, which prevents the euxtachian tube to open and equalize the air pression on both sides of the eardrum.

Also, at the 2nd session, you'll see it will be easier. At the 3rd you won't feel any ache, and at the 4th or 5th, you'll not notice anything in your ears. The earache is only during 1st and 2 nd session, in most of people. Be confident, and relax :-)

1.3 ATA is too low. Next time, check if you had completely closed the zip. If it's allways low, then send an email to Iris from Macy-Pan.
FWIW I found that proper yawning like all the way works the best even better then Valsava maneuver, at least for me, nowadays I hardly ever feel any discomfort in the ears, and I noticed that I can dive in the sea 4-5 meters deep without feeling any pressure or pain in the ears that would normally happen before.

I've done 5 hours in total so far of HBOT and I'm apprehensive about going in every time for several reasons:
1) the space I find really cramped and I feel an anxiety that wants to get out
2) no one can watch me while I do the session
3) at the decompression I felt a sensation that I don't like, a bit like if you go from a sitting position to standing up quickly and your head turns a bit.

I think my feeling of being locked in is related to a trauma from my birth. I had meningitis when I was born and had to be isolated for several weeks, I had phototherapy sessions, in short I was not in good health. The cylindrical and confined aspect in the chamber seems to me to symbolically echo this very early period of my life. Nobody is there to watch over me either, which reminds me that my parents could not hold me in their arms because of the necessary isolation... I feel bad about feeling like I am somehow "reliving" this trauma. I am trying to deal with the anxiety as best I can because I want to get through it even though it is still really hard. I also have the impression that coffee makes my anxiety rise, which I will avoid doing in the future before the dive. To try to be at my comfort, I put lights to illuminate the room, a small lamp also inside the chamber. I don't know what else to do but if people have had similar experiences, maybe there is a trauma under the surface. Concerning the decompression, maybe because I turned the valve too quickly, I will try a slower way. I take my crystals every time too, asking to help me to get through the session

Edit : I forgot to mention that before starting the sessions, I had a dream where I had a skin disease like psioraris or eczema, with my hands I was removing these pieces of skin from my foot seeing that a new skin was hidden underneath, the most surprising thing in this dream is that this new "foot" was shining... my intuition relates to the effects of the HBOT

I am sorry @Abats about the memories HBOT is reminding you. Probably it's time to rewire.
I've done 5 hours in total so far of HBOT and I'm apprehensive about going in every time for several reasons:
1) the space I find really cramped and I feel an anxiety that wants to get out
I too want to get out of chamber. 90 mins feels like lot of time. I either sleep or listen some thing or do some thing so that it doesn't feel like long time. Each session feels like a flight journey where one was anxious to get out of the plane and get it over with it. It may be related to feeling of bored as the descent takes time, long queue for the crowd etc. I even wondered uneasiness ( or mild anxiety) may be related to consumption of vitamins. If one's bladder is full, no need to say how it feels ;-)
2) no one can watch me while I do the session
Initially, I had similar feeling, but that feeling went away rather soon.
3) at the decompression I felt a sensation that I don't like, a bit like if you go from a sitting position to standing up quickly and your head turns a bit.
Initially we all felt like 'head turning" sensation and that will stop after some sessions. Decompression is uneasy part for me too. I tend to close my ears with palms tightly when the compression stops and residual decompression starts. I also find it easy to open the valve little sooner than they recommend and close the ears tightly with palm. As per the manufacturer's recommendation, Gauge has to come to zero before one opens the valve. But for the Gauge to come to 0, it takes a long time( more than 30 min).

Experiment what works for you and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom