Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I ordered a Zoy-Tech chamber a week ago. I heard from them two days ago, that they expect to complete the production on August 20th, which makes production time about three weeks.
I think 3 week is average time for the shipment to get ready, even if they say a week or two. For me it took 3 weeks for them to ship ( few days due to wire transfer delays for advance and final payment, a week for getting the out of stock item etc.). Even though they ship over by flight, you can add a week for customs. Added to that DHL will not deliver on the weekends. So it will take at least a month for all the process.

Just an update - as for the last 4 weeks i managed to get in about 13 sessions on the HBOT. It has been sporadic as i had quite a bit of business travel in between. Also it seems, i can maximum do it about 3 days in a row before taking a break as it really makes me tired and sleepy.

I have had chronic sinusitis for 3 years now - and ongoing lower back disc injuries (due to degeneration and pinched nerves); in addition to a torn left meniscus in my knee. Ive managed to get along somehow without surgery and the HBOT sessions are really doing something about them. My sinuses, back and left knee now hurts with low throbbing pain. This is completely different pain from the acute and chronic pains that i had managing these injuries. I guess i just have to keep going to about 60 sessions and see how it goes.

My sinuses drain a lot better after HBOT sessions and "feel" a lot different - i can only imagine that the O2 must be breaking down the candida biofilms in them. Hence will definitely keep going and monitor the progress.

I started getting them during my fifth pregnancy. They weren't terrible, just ugly. Ark had way worse ones from doing sports. He had surgery on his. The way his leg looked after surgery so horrified me I was sure he would lose it. But after it got over being black all over, it looked pretty good.

Just to comment on varicose veins. I had them quite badly as well on my left leg from my hamstring to calf muscles - and also had surgery to remove them about 2 years ago. It was similarly quite bad after the operation as the close to 30 incisions on my left leg developed into hematoma's and painful bruising and in the end after a couple of months my left leg recovered and looked a lot better without them. I still have some on my right leg and im hoping that the HBOT can help solve them too.

Fyi, for comparison and negotiations, the Zoy-Tech 2.0ATA hard-chamber was quoted to me at $15,321 USD. Hard Shell Hyperbaric Chamber - ZOY Medical Technology
I have already ordered a soft shell chamber from Zoy-Tech. I then inquired about hard shell prices. They quoted me 16,300 USD (I would be getting the long version) but offered me a discounted price, which is normally reserved for buying 5 units or more. I asked them to give me their best price and then I'd post it on the Forum and see if there would be five people who are interested at that price. The 5-unit discounted price they offered me so far was 13.060 plus shipping, VAT and customs. I suggested 11,500 and the sales manager (Winni) would discuss it with her boss and get back to me.

Even though I would love a hard shell chamber, that outside my budget - even at the discounted price. Also, I don't think it would be possible to get it into the attic in the building I live in, even if I did.

Oxygen Multistep Therapy / Exercising With Oxygen Therapy EWOT

An alternative to hyperbaric therapy for those who are relative health would be EWOT. All that is needed is a oxygen concentrator as the high oxygen source. The cost of oxygen concentrators ranges from $600 to $3,000 depending on features and portability.

There is a naturopathic clinic near me that has both therapies, so I’ll check it out.
Human Nature Natural Health | Portsmouth NH USA said:

Oxygen Multistep Therapy

Exercise with oxygen was pioneered by Manfred Von Ardenne. It is an inexpensive and simple therapy strategy which improves tissue oxygen delivery.
Von Ardenne wrote a book called Oxygen Multistep Therapy which is, by far, the seminal reference on oxygen therapy.
Ardenne describes how stress triggers durable inflammation - and how inflammation subsequently compromises health.
Ardenne described how plasma hypoxia triggers inflammation in the endothelial tissues, which sets up durable restriction to blood flow in capillaries.
More importantly he developed a method to quickly and durably fix it. The method is applicable individuals with a broad range of situations ranging from mild degenerate health to coma.
Blood leaves the heart in arteries and flows through a funnel network to tiny capillaries;
"Stress" disrupts the bloods ability to release oxygen at the tissues;
This causes inflammation in the capillary on the outgoing side of the capillaries;
Which further limits blood flow;
Which causes more stress;
And so on...
Reversal of the condition requires a sustained, but finite, elevation in plasma, (the fluid which carries red blood cells), oxygen level to turn off the capillary inflammation, and restore circulation.
Capillary venous inflammation is a contributory component of virtually all pathologies, and a functional limitation in virtually all healing responses.

Double-bling Study on the Long-Lasting Benefits of Oxygen-Multistep-Therapy said:

Double-blind study on the long-lasting improvement of physical endurance following oxygen-multistep-therapy

Abstract

The characteristic of Oxygen Multistep Therapy is the long-lasting improvement of the energetic or oxygenation state of the organism. This specific effect is confirmed with statistical significance by a two-centric double-blind study on 20 male healthy volunteers from the working population. In this study the ergometrically measurable increase of physical fitness, which was determined two weeks after performance of two 15 min-oxygen-multistep-quick processes, served as over-all criterion. The mean value of the continuing elevation was 17%. On individuals having initially lower physical capacities and therefore being particularly in need of treatment, increases of 25, 33, and even 45% were determined.

Multistep-Oxygen-Therapy’s Positive Benefit Against Degenerative Affects of Aging said:

Age-dependence of oxygen transport into body tissues and the favorable modification of this transport by multistep oxygen therapy

Abstract

The routine determination of the oxygen flux into body's tissues (= resting oxygen uptake) should gain more attention in practice, because its magnitude can be considered a kind of characteristic value for the energetic state of the entire organism. The determination of this value has deserved special interest since we discouvered a "switch mechanism" of blood microcirculation, which depends on the oxygen state of the body. A high value of pO2 (greater than or equal to 50 mm of Hg) at the venous ends of the capillaries, attainable by the procedures of the Oxygen Multistep Therapy and by powerful physical exercise as well, results in an increase of the blood microcirculation and, consequently, in a permanent elevation of the oxygen influx and uptake, respectively. This effect can persist for weeks, months or even years. If the oxygen state gets worse and declines below a certain threshold, e. g. in progressing age or after long-term distress, the cross sections of the capillaries shrink by swelling of the endothelial cells, and the blood microcirculation is diminished for an extended period of time. The utilization of the above-mentioned switch mechanism for permanent improvement of the oxygen flux into all the tissues of the organism is therefore of decisive importance for fighting against the common cause of many diseases, disorders and complaints going often along with increasing age due to insufficient oxygen (energy) supply for general metabolism. As can be taken from measurements described in this paper, the main contribution to this deterioraction comes from the age-dependent diminution of the cardiac minute or stroke volume, respectively, since eta--the percent exhaustion of the oxygen-binding capacity of blood--increases even with progressing age, as was found by us. Numerous determinations of the arterial and venous pO2 resting levels have shown that the values of eta can almost be doubled easily by the procedures of the Oxygen Multistep Therapy, whereby--as a rule--the age-dependent decrease of the cardiac output is overcompensated. Within the schedule of the Oxygen Multistep Therapy, the third step prescribes a temporary enhancement of the blood circulation by physical exercise. With respect to this measure, there was made progress of principal importance by the idea to increase the minute volume by application of sympathicomimetics during the single treatment units under moderately enhanced oxygen inhalation, but with due consideration of the known contraindications.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)

This video shows that we can use the oxygen concentrator while exercising to increase oxygen uptake.
EWOT Exercise with Oxygen Therapy

This video explains that the hyperbaric treatments does a better and faster job of increasing the oxygen of the blood and lymph fluids. However, the benefit of EWOT is that it is active therapy that strengthens heart, lung, muscles and bones.

Overall, EWOT is an active form of increased oxygen uptake with positive health benefits but does not have the oxygen saturation affect that we get with hyperbaric therapy. This method would be beneficial for those who are healthy but would like to improve their oxygen uptake. It also, could take the demand off of the Chateau's hyperbaric chamber where those that are healthy could use this method on a daily basis and the hyberbaric on a weekly. Just some thoughts.

I have already ordered a soft shell chamber from Zoy-Tech. I then inquired about hard shell prices. They quoted me 16,300 USD (I would be getting the long version) but offered me a discounted price, which is normally reserved for buying 5 units or more. I asked them to give me their best price and then I'd post it on the Forum and see if there would be five people who are interested at that price. The 5-unit discounted price they offered me so far was 13.060 plus shipping, VAT and customs. I suggested 11,500 and the sales manager (Winni) would discuss it with her boss and get back to me.

Even though I would love a hard shell chamber, that outside my budget - even at the discounted price. Also, I don't think it would be possible to get it into the attic in the building I live in, even if I did.
Good to know, thanks for asking about it. How can I find out about the dimensions? I would probably also be interested in the long version because I would be buying it for my clinic, so I want to make sure I can fit it in one of my rooms.

Have anyone of you thought about getting a OxyMask so you don't mix the CO2 with O2?

Like this one: Syrgasmask öppen OxyMask - 2,1m slang m CO2 mätn vuxen - 25 st/förp.

Do you think this is an issue?

Yesterday I didn't get sleepy at all after the session, on the contrary, never been up more than before! Also, since I pee in a bottle I noticed a lot of white specs (1-3 mm). I had this a lot a year ago, but it was always preceded a day or two of fever, pain, and just misery. Not this time. I seem to recover better, I'm not drained of energy from doing my "workouts".

I know just 2 sessions, but I and Carola notice the difference since my stamina and reactions have been pretty consistent the last year.

Good to know, thanks for asking about it. How can I find out about the dimensions? I would probably also be interested in the long version because I would be buying it for my clinic, so I want to make sure I can fit it in one of my rooms.
The dimensions are on the website for the hard shell chamber. The two options are 216 (7' 1") cm and 225 cm (7' 5"). I'm not sure what that translates to for internal dimensions but it shouldn't be that much different.

For the soft shell chambers, however, there's a big difference. Here the normal version is 190 cm (6' 3") and the long version is 225 (7' 5") cm.

Yes, Macy-Pan delivers two, one "classic" (covers mouth and nose in one piece) and some other device which looks like a headset with a mic.

Ok, I think the high level of oxygen is necessary to accomplish the effects, and either you get it through a mask or you saturate the chamber (hard chamber), but maybe I'm wrong.

I think 3 week is average time for the shipment to get ready, even if they say a week or two. For me it took 3 weeks for them to ship ( few days due to wire transfer delays for advance and final payment, a week for getting the out of stock item etc.). Even though they ship over by flight, you can add a week for customs. Added to that DHL will not deliver on the weekends. So it will take at least a month for all the process.
Finally, they delivered the item yesterday. As a whole it took 1.5 months for us since we decided with zoy tech. I haven't yet opened it as I have to setup air conditioner in the room and the temperatures are crazy high.

Here’s an article on how mitochondria react in a low oxygen environment. So essentially by saturating the body with oxygen all types of ailments can possibly be reversed simply by supporting the highly efficient designed process of the mitochondria.

Here is one potential mechanism which would help to explain the magnitude of effect from HBOT: It increases structured water in the cell.
There’s additional information about structured water in the book Bioenergetics by Szent-Gyorgyi. Essentially water is a very interesting substance because it can exist in multiple crystal forms and those different forms can increase the efficiency of biological processes. Changing the crystal structure changes the electrical properties. Here’s a brief article on the number of different crystal structures observed in ice.

The design of the body probably forms the same ones but only in areas where reactions take place. So essentially water exists in multiple different forms throughout the body based on design. Probably why the C’s mentioned in a session to program and talk to your water. If someone can mention what book Ark was reading about water, it would be appreciated.

So far, from the video I've watched on HBOT I haven't been able to get a clear indication of whether a longer duration in a soft shell lower pressure chamber (1.5 ATA) gives the same effects as a shorter duration in a hard shell 2.0 ATA chamber. Dr. Jason Sonners just says that there hasn't been any research done on the soft shell chambers yet but the effect may be equivalent.

As several forum members have bought or are considering getting a HBOT chamber for themselves it might be a good question to ask the Cs. I tried rereading the session transcripts but couldn't find mention of it. If anyone else has seen it there, that'd be great. A suggestion for questions on the subject could be:

"What would be the best protocol for 1.5 ATA with regard to duration and number of sessions.

"What would be the best protocol for 2.0 ATA with regard to duration and number of sessions.

What, if any, are the difference in benefits between the 1.5 ATA and 2.0 ATA protocols?"

Others might be able to come up with better questions :-).

Back
Top Bottom