Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Yes, I have to constantly blow on the way "down" but not so much on the way up

No one should try a valsalva maneuver, holding your nose and blowing, while ascending in a chamber or relieving the pressure. The worst injury you can get from hyperbaric treatment or diving is an AGE, or arterial gas embolism, which essentially is a bubble that will travel through an artery and lodge in your brain.

Just gently rock your jaw back and forth as you are relieving the pressure inside the chamber and this should allow your eustachian tubes to open and equalize the pressure. You can even do this anytime and you can hear a slight clicking inside your ears. The more you do this the easier it’ll get.

The valsalva maneuver is essentially pressurizing your ears, gently rocking your jaw does the opposite. Just think of the direction air is traveling during each maneuver and it’ll make sense.

Thanks for this! It explains what I was experiencing and that I don't have to do much of anything on the way up!

Resumed sessions this morning after weekend break. Again, a few hours after session, I became very sleepy and took a nap. Otherwise, I think that I do feel overall much better.

I just checked and there's nothing available in Ontario except one for 19,000. Macy Pan contacted me and they do ship to Canada.
Have you tried OxyRevo
I got quotes from them and pretty reasonable as well as being great to deal with. Bought a different one because it was already in the country.

I had a HBOT session today at 1.5 ATA for 1 hour. I experienced a light headache (feeling of tightness in the head), but that quickly passed after a few hours.

My wife, on the other hand, got a full-on dizziness after just 10 minutes in the chamber and had to stop it. She then had to be assisted to get out of the chamber and into the bedroom.

Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?

Thank you very much for this thread!
I searched for a 1.5 ATA hyperbaric chamber manufactured locally, in France. I've found two.
The first one costs 7K, all fees incuded and 2 years warantee. The second one, I'm waiting for his response, he also rents it.
It can be interesting for people living in France, in case imports would not be possible.
could you tell me the price of rentals and if it is preferable to a purchase? thank you!

I had a HBOT session today at 1.5 ATA for 1 hour. I experienced a light headache (feeling of tightness in the head), but that quickly passed after a few hours.

My wife, on the other hand, got a full-on dizziness after just 10 minutes in the chamber and had to stop it. She then had to be assisted to get out of the chamber and into the bedroom.

Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms?

I think the best would be to check with her physician or the people who run the HBOT clinic where you go, but at my clinic they ask us to eat before having a session because it can lower the blood pressure and sugar, so for those who are prone to hypoglycaemia, it can cause those symptoms. I have very low pressure and haven't felt anything like that, but I always eat breakfast before going in.

As I said, it's hard to tell from her symptoms only and the best would be to check it with the people at the clinic to see what might have caused that.

I had my 13th session today. I'm still feeling tired and sleepy for most of the day and I got some sinus pain again.

I saw the doctor at the clinic yesterday for an assessment and I was positively impressed because he seems to have a good approach to medicine, a more holistic one, that views the person as a whole and not just some particular disease with which the person is diagnosed. He even talked about the role of inflammation in diseases like cancer and autoimmune conditions or the so called 'idiopathic' conditions, so that was good.

He seems to agree with doing more sessions but he's just careful to monitor all the people who go in because he wants to make sure that it is helping and not the opposite. So, in my case, because I mentioned feeling tired and sleepy for most of the day after the sessions, he recommended to take a break after 15 sessions and then continue with some more sessions, just to give the body a little time to metabolize. He said that usually that tiredness should go away after the 6th of 7th session but if I still feel it, it means that I probably really need the therapy, yes, but that I also need to take it easy and give my body the proper time to metabolize and start healing. It sounds reasonable.

I'll finish my 15 sessions this week, take a week off, and then go see him again to continue.

So I took the plunge today, after being on the fence for a while, and purchased a Macy-Pan 702 model. Responsive service so far, I'm sure it will work out just fine. The price was the same as was paid by the Chateau group, but I should note it was quoted to me almost a month ago, so the company honoured the orignal quote.

Regarding customs (Canada), I believe they pre-clear the shipments via DHL customs brokerage services, so before the packages actually leave the country of origin, a determination has already been made. If there is an issue MP will just try again, so I don't believe there is too much danger of having the shipment seized.

I am excited, and look forward to using the time in the chamber to read, meditate and do "the work". My focus now is developing a strong commitment to using the unit consistently, as I have a tendency to be enthusiastic with new projects at the beginning but then kinda loosing interest. Perhaps the "work" for me is to commit 100% to 5 sessions per week :-)

I don't have any serious or acute health issues, other than a need to detoxify deeply, but am viewing this purchase as an investment in the future. and a tool to be as healthy as possible. I am not getting any younger.

I really appreciate this group and thread. I have learned a lot due to all of the sharing on information.

Will keep you posted as things progress.

Just finished setting it up. Very simple to to, wasn't fully inflated when taking the photos, you can tell by the third picture. Easy to use, just switch it on and thats it. Came with an air cooler, mask and nasal oxygen Cannula. This was a test run, will do my first session later today. Cant tell what pressure it goes to, the gauge is on the inside, none outside, so far thats the only downside. Its runs very quiet, if not using the air cooler. Happy with it so far 🙂

20220526_144816.jpg20220526_144745.jpg
20220526_144628.jpg
20220526_145759.jpg20220526_150233.jpg

Video on how to set it up. 🙂

First session done, all went well. Had to pop ears on way up, all good on the way down, ears come back to normal as the pressure drops. Would easily fall asleep in it. The pressure gauge reached 0.4 bar. Am I right in saying that's around 1.4 ata?? Im not sure, I messaged the company, probably hear from them tomorrow. Here is the gauge, it didn't go any higher than that.20220526_164338.jpg

Attachments

• 20220526_164338.jpg
    20220526_164338.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 1
I found this on Macy Pan's website from September 2020:

Abstract​

In hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), the subject is placed in a chamber containing 100% oxygen gas at a pressure of more than one atmosphere absolute. This treatment is used to hasten tissue recovery and improve its physiological aspects, by providing an increased supply of oxygen to the damaged tissue. In this review, we discuss the consequences of hypoxia, as well as the molecular and physiological processes that occur in subjects exposed to HBOT. We discuss the efficacy of HBOT in treating neurological conditions and neurodevelopmental disorders in both humans and animal models. We summarize by discussing the challenges in this field, and explore future directions that will allow the scientific community to better understand the molecular aspects and applications of HBOT for a wide variety of neurological conditions. [...]
More articles are to be found on their blog page including this one:

1. The benefits of veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy​

The initial effect of hyperbaric oxygen therapy is to increase the oxygen pressure and reduce the volume of the bubble, so the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood increases, and then the oxygen content that diffuses into the tissue increases. Relevant literature shows that tissue oxygen partial pressure can be increased by 10% within 3 hours.

Reducing bubble volume is important in veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy because the thickness of occluding material or air embolism in the vessel can be mechanically reduced, making it easier for smaller bubbles to pass through the vessel.

In addition, reduced bubble surface area also reduces activation of platelet and release of factor VII.

Other benefits of veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy include increasing the oxidative killing capacity of white blood cells, modulating the production of nitric oxide, modulating growth factors and cytokines by affecting receptors.

Veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy reduces clostridial toxins and is synergistic with quinolones, amphotericin B, and aminoglycoside antibiotics, which all require oxygen to cross cell membranes.

In addition, veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy has a clear effect on reducing angioedema, although the specific mechanism is not fully understood.

It may be because the oxygen supply to normal tissues increases when hyperoxygenated blood vessels constrict, but the blood supply to ischemic tissues does not change.

2. Possible indications for veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy​

Compared with human medicine, the literature research on hyperbaric oxygen in animal hospital and veterinary medicine is much less, but the application amount is gradually increasing.

As early as 2000, a study of 1,400 cats and dogs found that hyperbaric oxygen has an effect on sepsis, peritonitis, osteomyelitis, meningitis, spinal cord injury, and swelling caused by snake bites. In addition, veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy also has a good effect on arterial thrombosis.

Hyperoxia has also been shown to be effective in treating ischemic injuries, such as arterial thrombosis, gastric dilatation-torsion, traumatic brain injury, shock, and symptoms after CPR.

It has been confirmed in the literature that increasing the oxygen pressure gradient in and around the injured tissue can promote angiogenesis and increase the proliferation of fibroblasts.

Therefore, veterinary hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be effective for treating difficult-to-heal wounds, skin flaps, radiation injuries, etc., and may have some effect on treating sepsis, osteomyelitis, gangrene, and fungal infection. It can also enhance the lethality of leukocytes, play the synergistic effect with antibiotics, and inhibit the production of clostridial toxins.

In addition, high oxygen levels can improve growth factors and cytokines, helping to improve inflammatory environments such as pancreatitis, cardiogenic shock, and toxin circulation.

Just to clarify, the zoy tech stays just below 1.5 ata. Was on to my contact through wattsapp. Very helpful, cant fault the customer service. As I said the only downside is no gauge outside the chamber, they will be looking into putting one on the outside in the future. It also came with spare filters. Happy with the purchase, not bad for 4500 euro all in inc import tax. Very comfortable inside. Just finished 2nd session. Nothing major to report, except feeling energized. Will report back after I do a few more sessions.

Used the headset yesterday, today used the mask.

20220526_165620.jpg

could you tell me the price of rentals and if it is preferable to a purchase? thank you!
One can forget that. It is extremely expensive, only richissime people can afford them. 600€ per day!! It's not a plastic chamber like the one some forumers bought, it's a professional chamber, like the one Yas showed us. In fact, they provide (sell or rent) it for clinics, hospitals, or research centers, not for individuals.

But, here is a tip. In our country, we have the social security (CPAM), to which we contribute since we were 18 yo, even if we were students without any income. So, it's normal that today you benefit from it. Your CPAM will pay for HBOT sessions if it is indicated (officially) i.e. if you have a medical receipt. So, you can try to get a receipt from your doctor and go to the center the less far from your home.
Here is a pdf where you can see, page 13, the official indications, and the french towns (also in overseas territories) :

Let me know if you think your doctor won't give you the receipt (if you're not eligible).

I had another idea: the company who sells it (it's a plastic chamber, like the Macy-pan or the Zoy's, but french made product) to 7000€. What if I ask them for a discount if we can do a bulk purchase (achat groupé)? How many people will be interested? (also in other european countries, I think delivery will not be a problem for them).

Back
Top Bottom