How to help - I'm not sure is this a correct question

Kmicic

Jedi Master
Hello everyone,
I think that would be a personal question. I'm reading books and material from this forum from some sort of time. I feel that I'm didn't have enought knowledge to help in anything but only reading couldn't be enough, so If I may here is my question for the Cs: "How could I help to this case, forum and all of that? What is the best way?" . If this is a little ridiculous please do not waste time on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I think that would be a personal question. I'm reading books and material from this forum from some sort of time. I feel that I'm didn't have enought knowledge to help in anything but only reading couldn't be enough, so If I may here is my question for the Cs: "How could I help to this case, forum and all of that? What is the best way?" . If this is a little ridiculous please do not waste time on it.

Your feeling that you don't have enough knowledge to help in anything on the forum (i.e. responding to other members/asking questions of your own) doesn't seem to be true. You have posted several dozen times already here, and most of those posts involved interacting with other members, asking and answering questions. Remember, even when you simply ask questions you are helping by giving others the chance to explore their own thoughts on a topic by answering your questions.

There is no "best way" to help the forum that applies to every member. Each person has their own understanding and knowledge and interests. These should be increased and expanded as you feel inclined. Don't stress it, just 'go with the flow'.

Hello everyone,

I think the self awareness you show in just this short post is a good sign that you are very much capable of being of help to others.

Remember it's all a process. It would be great if we could download all that knowledge and get up to speed overnight matrix-style but the fact is most of us here are always going to be "behind" in some way. And that's alright as long as we're still learning. Even if you wanted to just keep up with every forum thread on the front page, that's basically a full time job. But you make the effort and things unfold step by step, and you realize you can and probably are already helping others.

Also sometimes something that seems small to you can help somebody a lot.

Thank you very much for answers, I thinked that I could or I should help in some precise point e.g. in building something (When I was choosing my faculty there was some coincident that make my decision) but thanks to you I see that I must just do my job and wait and it would be the best way for everyone :-)

Remember, even when you simply ask questions you are helping by giving others the chance to explore their own thoughts on a topic by answering your questions.
Also sometimes something that seems small to you can help somebody a lot.

Kmicic, this is exactly what happened to me in your intro thread. I have a text document from last December that references that thread, in particular Learner's post here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/hello-everyone.46288/page-3#post-784044

It's a heavy post, but it helped me to see some things and form some motivation to be better to myself in the new year. So the simple act of posting your intro thread led to more sharing and this spreads outward to helping others.

Hello everyone,

You can also help by donating some money to the forum, if you benefited in any way by information contained in this forum, you can donate something in return.

I agree with others, that just posting one's thoughts on a subject can just help someone (and even if it is in the so-called "future" ;-)). Often we are not aware of the ripple effects information we share can make - and they can go quite unexpected ways too! And after 3DStudent has linked my own post in your intro thread - in fact a compilation of very useful information given by other members - I re-read that information and it gave me some other aha moment. Thus, your question in that thread (and also in this one, because 3Dstudent has linked to there) has helped me today! :-)

And there's a quote from a session by the Cs from 2015:

For all forum members: Do not lose heart. Just remember that if you do all you can, yourselves in the future will bridge the gap. You are all potential transducers of information into chaos. Let that information be love/truth.

On an even more practical level, there's also a way of helping with projects (next to donating) here for example, like translating the material from Laura's Work and Sott etc. or transcribing stuff:

Becoming a SOTT translator / transcriber: Help needed

Back
Top Bottom