How to disable email

Aiming

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I still haven't figured out how to disable my email.
I tried to delete it, but it's not being accepted.
The little envelope beneath my avatar is still there.

Can someone help me out here?

essence said:
I still haven't figured out how to disable my email.
I tried to delete it, but it's not being accepted.
The little envelope beneath my avatar is still there.

Can someone help me out here?

Even if you hide your e-mail address, you will still be able to see it - but others won't. It's a silly quirk of the forum software! :rolleyes:

ui..
woulda taken me years if not forever to figure that one out..

Thank you Kresnik!

problem while writing posts

I've been having difficulties preventing posts I'm working on from suddenly, when I have written a few paragraphs, snap themselves back to the top of the page. I then scroll down to the place from which I've left off, but before I can continue writing, the post snaps itself back to the beginning again.

It's diabolical really: I get just to the point where I've left off, and am about to click the curser into place, when the page once again snaps back to the top. This now activiates my "You're not going to get the best of me - it's me against the world" program. As a result, I begin to try to outwit the curser. I scroll down really quickly and try to click it before the page scrolls up to the top again. The curser, fiendishly unpredicatable, very occasionally responds in time. (This most likely is a means of providing false hope to keep me attached to the post and the curser), but mostly does not.

This activates a paranoid program which insists that the curser is out to get me.

Now the situation takes on overtones of a game of chance: will I click in time, or not and, more importantly, "Will I finish my post or not?" In other words, do I have the strength of character to continue in the face of great adversity to finish my post?

At this point another program jumps in - the one that says, "Nothing great is achieved without great effort."
Now that the successful completion of the post is fraught with delusions of grandeur, that the world is waiting for this post; it's very importance confirmed by the difficulties inherent in completing it, I redouble my efforts, my mind focused on the single aim of finishing the post.

Although I appreciate the opportunity the activity of posting has given me to call up, examine, and reexperience old programs, I am concerned that the frustration of posting will eventually elicit in me the desire to flood the page and the curser with Love and Light.

So far I have been able to resist such impulses, but I have no idea how long I can hold out.

Perhaps someone can offer me some information firmly grounded in objective reality which will help me overcome this problem.

Hi, Webglider,

Excuse me if I insert this first :lol:

the reason being that the same thing was happening to me, and like you, I was getting a bit paranoid about it (see how strong our programming is!).

Then I discovered (by chance?) that if you click the spacebar, the post will revert to where you left off.

Having written that, it only happens on certain pages, but it does become a 'battle of wits' between writing the post and defeating the jumps by periodically clicking the spacebar.

"Learning is fun!" ;)

Also I sometimes compose my post in a text editor like notepad or wordpad, and when it's finished, paste it into the forum. Maybe that would help in your situation.

SAO said:
Also I sometimes compose my post in a text editor like notepad or wordpad, and when it's finished, paste it into the forum. Maybe that would help in your situation.

I agree emphatically!

Even though I live in So. GA., my internet service comes out of Florida and is subject to periodic outages and interruptions lasting from a couple of min. to a couple of hours.
When I use notepad to compose and complete a post, I don't have to be concerned about anything - losses, incompletions or anything else. If service goes out when I'm ready to post, I can simply wait until it comes back on, and my post is 'standing by' in my notepad!

[moderation : So. GA. = Southern Georgia]

I've been having difficulties preventing posts I'm working on from suddenly, when I have written a few paragraphs, snap themselves back to the top of the page. I then scroll down to the place from which I've left off, but before I can continue writing, the post snaps itself back to the beginning again.

Hi webglider,

Have just accidentally discovered how to prevent this from happening.

The solution is to keep the cursor inside the white space of the reply pad.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom