Honestly. Have you REALLY seen a ghost?

joejoeba

Jedi
I am just asking. I feel I might have seen an apparition a couple of times, but if I really ask myself, I become more and more convinced that I didn't really see anything. I was just affected by an atmosphere. Atmosphere's affected by smell, colour, temperature. The human instinct to dis-trust old places, places concieved to be related to death causes a reaction, a repellent force so strong, strong as instinct that both drives us away and compells us to stay.
Have you REALLY seen a ghost. Think about it.
To start with I'll admit that I made up a ghost sighting once, co-incidentally someone else made up a very similar tale in the same spot, but I know it wasn't true!!!

No jj, I haven't ever seen a ghost. Honestly.

But you have?

O no wait; that was made-up. Dishonestly.

Yes I have seen a ghost...
I wonder... did you only see a fleeting image because I couldn't see how your senses could be fooled if you were looking straight at an apparition for several seconds, as I did. At first I saw little foggy spot with the wavy lines you see on a hot day (this was cold and at night). Suddenly the fogy thing stopped and this apparition of a hunched-over old man appeared (he kind of faded in- like the picture of an old tv set fades in as turn the dial). I think I can prove this was not a halucination because I went under the covers (I was terrified!) and could still see the bluish-white light that came from the apparition- and when I dared to look back was in the same place (that is he was like a physical object and didn't move when i looked somewhere else and didn't fade back in). This was at an old cottage in North Carolina so I could see how I would connect this to the death of an old man so mabe my mind could have created this image somehow, though I told you why I doubt it was a hallucination and it definately wasn't an atmospheric phenomenon.

It's the memory of the event that becomes clouded and tainted by logic. I Thought once that I saw a grey lady sat out, picking flowers, followed by a whole class seeing it. I could never proove it though.
In fact group sightings of apparitions could be the final proof clincher on the reality of ghosties.
I am becoming less and less convinced as I get older that they are really, actually, honestly possible at all.
(honest)

While memories of events can indeed become distorted over time, it's those events which are well documented very shortly after their occurrence which cannot be ignored. There is a huge body of scientific and anecdotal evidence which suggests that many apparitions are indeed real events, and there are numerous documented cases of group sightings. All it takes is a little bit of research, and you will find for yourself that such evidence indeed exists, and is presented by reliable sources. I suggest you read the webpage located here as a good summary of what I'm talking about.

From a personal point of view, my sister once had a profound experience that cannot possibly be "explained away" with conventional methods. Let's just say it involved a physical materialisation of an entity one night in her room, which she not only saw with her eyes, but actually felt with her hands, as if it were indeed real. The entity then disappeared without a trace. So taken aback was my sister that she immediately reported the incident to me (I was in the neighbouring room), and I could tell by the state she was in that something most bizarre definitely occurred (I heard her gasps of disbelief). And, being my sister, I know that she is a very trustworthy person.

Thanks Third DR. I will research some more. The page you suggested is good reading. I find the whole subject, the tip of an unimaginably big iceberg. fascinating.

Third_Density_Resident said:
From a personal point of view, my sister once had a profound experience that cannot possibly be "explained away" with conventional methods. Let's just say it involved a physical materialisation of an entity one night in her room, which she not only saw with her eyes, but actually felt with her hands, as if it were indeed real. The entity then disappeared without a trace. So taken aback was my sister that she immediately reported the incident to me (I was in the neighbouring room), and I could tell by the state she was in that something most bizarre definitely occurred (I heard her gasps of disbelief). And, being my sister, I know that she is a very trustworthy person.
With all due respect. this once again appears to be a secondary source!! I am inundated with by associate accounts. I know and resect that one's relationship with siblings is unique and sacred. Have you asked her about her experience recently. I am trying to discover whether for truth's sake, ghost are REAL. I have spoken to countless people who have claimed to have felt or seen something. None are totally sure it actually occured. I am open, but I fancy finding out whether this is collective myth conciousness for the sake of primarly titilating entertainment, and possibly manipulation.

any sure fire sccounts out there, who don't mind playing the truth quiz, "distinctions" with me?

joejoeba said:
Thanks Third DR. I will research some more. The page you suggested is good reading. I find the whole subject, the tip of an unimaginably big iceberg. fascinating.

Third_Density_Resident said:
With all due respect. this once again appears to be a secondary source!! I am inundated with by associate accounts. I know and resect that one's relationship with siblings is unique and sacred. Have you asked her about her experience recently. I am trying to discover whether for truth's sake, ghost are REAL. I have spoken to countless people who have claimed to have felt or seen something. None are totally sure it actually occured. I am open, but I fancy finding out whether this is collective myth conciousness for the sake of primarly titilating entertainment, and possibly manipulation.

any sure fire sccounts out there, who don't mind playing the truth quiz, "distinctions" with me?
If you are looking to find out if they are real or no-and do not want anecdotal evidence-then why don't you look into becoming a paranormal investigator?

Join a paranormal research group (in more vulgar terminology-"ghost hunters" or "ghost busters") take a look at this website for some pointers on what to look for in a serious paranormal research group-and it also has a glossary of terminology used in paranormal research.

http://www.georgiaghostsociety.com

I realize this site is in the US and you are in the UK-but the basics are the same in any really serious research group-they try as hard as possible to make certain a phenomenon is NOT just something that can be explained away by ordinary circumstances-but approach the subject with an open mind and allow for all possiblities.

I also recommend this site for others who have posted on this subject as it discribes the difference between residual and intelligent hauntings, portals etc.-and also has links to some great sites and books on the subject.

As with UFOs real, serious research into the existence of ghosts and other related paranormal activities is lacking-but there are a few dedicated people out there that even though not "scientists" perse are attempting to discover the reality-just like the folks who come here-looking for truth.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for that tschai. In some ways joining a group sounds good. I might stick to checking the link at the moment.
The thought of becoming a Paranormal investigator fills me with a hungry exitement I feel challenged to contain. Not sure If I'm qualified.
Maybe I'll do a test project and post my findings.

Kind regards

Hello people!

I remenber seeing shades when i was young,but it could be that i was just afraid of the dark.

This thread reminded me that most , if not all people that i know that claimed to see ghosts where very emotive persons and/or very religious/superticious.

joejoeba said:
I am becoming less and less convinced as I get older that they are really, actually, honestly possible at all.
(honest)
Whenever I think things like this, I have to take a moment to remind myself that the Universe actually does not care what I think is not possible. ;)

Was it a ghost, or a bleed through from another density/reality/plane? A psychic kind of imprint?

I dunno, but yeah, I've seen a few, been poked, had my hair pulled, and at one time even had barretts fly right out of my hair. :) I can't say with certainty just what it was, phenomena not being the 'point' of such things. If you get too caught up in 'seeing ghosts' or experiencing phenomena you can be tricked into chasing things that don't really matter.

Kind of like chasing a band city to city. :)

Gimpy

I have this memory of seeing a small boy stood in the doorway of my sister's bedroom - in the middle of the night - when I was younger. I also saw the shadowy silhouette of a face move behind a lampshade, and it turned out others had seen the same thing in the same place. The house definitely had poltergeist phenomena, which I wrote about here.

It's mostly happened to my sister though. Recently, her daughter started talking - she's still limited to a few words - about a man in her bedroom; Sis obviously got a bit creeped out because she was worried it might get to what it used to be like. Thinking it might just be a dead relative popping in for a visit (again), she said out loud for it to leave them alone and if it was our grandfather, to give her a sign. Nothing happened. The next day, she was coming out of the front door and a Jack Russell wandered through the gate... that's the dog he used to have, so it could have been a "sign".

After talking about it for a bit, we came up with the idea to show her daughter my parent's wedding album; my grandfather is in some of the pictures. So, she was going through the people and saying the names of those she recognised, and when it came to him, she "turned" all of a sudden and started clinging to my sister. She looked frightened. Then Sis claims a few days later to have seen the dog on the corner of her eye, and a few seconds later the buggy moved.

I saw a few flashes of golden light - one was a "string of beads" - during this time at home, and on two occasions I thought somebody said my name. But of course, your doubting whether it even happened seconds later.

Yes, I've seen a ghost, had one crawl into bed with me. Talk about cold! I lived in this house in Colorado Springs, a newer tract home, split level. This must have been about 1975, and I was just 18. I was sharing the house with four fellows from the Air Force Academy Band. We would hear it more than see it, and see it's effects more than it's shade. However, living in that house is the reason that I don't see horror films, nor do I read horror fiction. It's NOT fiction in my world. I couldn't understand the whole haunting, as it really was a newer house, but perhaps it was built over old bones...

At first we would be sitting in the basement play room, and we would hear sounds 'crackling' in the walls around us, 360 degrees, faster than a race car could drive it, way faster than any mouse in the walls, assuming they could actually do that 360 degree circuit. 'It' liked to change the cycle on the dishwasher from normal to pots and pans, because (I'm assuming) it was louder. This entity sure liked noise. Then there was the time (on, appropriately enough, Halloween) when we awoke to all the burners on the gas oven ablaze.
Then it crawled into bed with me. NOT a good feeling. Then, we saw it's legs going upstairs, kind of grayish. We only saw the legs because of the angle of view from the foyer to the stairs. As all the inhabitants of the house were in the foyer at the time, we knew it wasn't any of us. Went upstairs, just to check. No one home. Then when we got back downstairs, we heard this pounding on the floor overhead. Seemed like a good time to go out. Then it started wanting bodies. To wear. Oddly enough, this was where I coined the phrase "just say no". This story did not have a good end. One of the inhabitants of the house tried to kill himself. He blamed the ghost. Me, I moved to California.

So, yes, I've seen a ghost. But not lately, thank heavens! On the plus side of the equation, I started a life of serious inquiry at this point, which has continued to this day.

Whether I`ve seen or not a ghost? I`d say for sure I have never seen (till 59 years old) any shade , human-shape shadow or anything that could mean or remember the possibilities to be a ghost. But , by other hand, I have heard very unique "sounds" at night , in 1984 , october and november when my wife and I were laid down, in bed , but surely not sleeping ou even dreaming of ghost. These facts ocurred during a period of nearly two monthes, just after the death of my father-in-law who was living with us in those his last days of life. He had been for me a great friend, our friendship was always strong. What sort of manifestation did my wife and I experienced? Things like that: turning the keys of the clothesbox in a room aside ours. Sounds of water washing dishes , cups , bows in the kitchen , once he always loved cooking when alive. Sound of likely person walking through the living room , and one night , at 2:0h past midnight , my wife and I heard together , a very clear sound of a person sweeping the leaves , coming from the yard, just behing our room, about let say 3 or 4 meters . By the way he usually liked keeping the yard clean. That `s all , the menthioned above experiencies has ocoured by that short period of time, as i said , and stopped . After that I`ve never felt or heard anything more similar.

Gimpy said:
Was it a ghost, or a bleed through from another density/reality/plane? A psychic kind of imprint?
I wondered about that, but I realized that they (ghosts) may have chosen to stay behind due to attachments. I believe C's said something about that, but I'll look.

There are other spirits (not of human ghosts) came roaming around. I've noticed (before I read about C's) that these spirits possiblily came from other realm, not of human place (3rd density), e.g. Shadow People, demons, etc.

Back
Top Bottom