Homemade Wire Mesh for RF Protection Attire

Yupo

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This might belong on another section regarding EM shielding. I have in mind to use a knitting machine to make some wire mesh for RF protective garments. I was inspired for this by visiting a site mentioned on the Corona thread. My questions are for those with technical knowledge.
What is the maximum (size of holes in mm) size of mesh needed for good protection? At this point I have in mind undergarments like tanks. Maybe some edgy stuff like turtle necks and stylish headwear. But I could do sheer vests to wear over clothing, too.
What is the best metal to use?
What is the minimum gauge of wire to be used?
Will it be better to have a close fitting garment or a loose fitting garment?
What about combining silk and wire?
In such case, should the fabric be thicker/opaque?
Which is preferable for RF protection: raw silk or fine filament silk?
Appreciate any thoughts and advice.

No answers or advice. :(
OK, let's try another idea: Magnetic tape, such as from old cassettes, reel to reel tapes, videotapes, etc. These are readily available and can easily be knit into fabrics of various densities. Might there be any use of such for conducting sheets, RF protection garments or Faraday bags?

Have you looked on Amazon?

I have. I am very familiar with commercially available products. My questions are about making useful fabrics out of materials on hand, like wire, silk yarn, and magnetic tape using knitting machines.

Back
Top Bottom