900g pork, medium fat
0.5 teaspoon mustard seeds
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoon salt
6 clove garlic
3 pieces of bay leaf
2 dl (deciliter )wine

Preparation:
1 .Meat (450 g pork belly without skin and 450g pork shoulder without bone and skin) must be cut into cubes and seasoned mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, put in a pan, add the wine and bay leaves and put on the stove. When you boil the meat to be cooked for at least half an hour on low heat, then add a cup of water and cook for another 2.5 hours covered with occasional stirring.
2. Then lift the lid and cook for another 20-30 minutes until all the liquid is converted into fat. There should be no water, only pure fat. If necessary, add more seasonings, remove bay leaves and put aside to cool.
3. Additionally chop the mixture with your fingers, a fork or pastry cutter to. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate to cool before serving. If you plan rillettes stored for an extended period, cover the top of the mixture of melted fat.

Nutritional / 1 serving
Total calories 282.2
Protein 14,4g
Fats 21,6g
Carbohydrates 2.3g

502e2061f666706a91f1eab342fc588a.jpg

This appearance and taste reminiscent of the "rougher" variant pate.
The recipe I immediately tried, not squeeze on bread, I eat with a spoon, it's great. :) :)

Thanks Casper this looks tasty! I found this video online of how to make it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xs3b3hWV4

Jennifer said:
Thanks Casper this looks tasty! I found this video online of how to make it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xs3b3hWV4
Thanks for the video, I found another recipe : rillettes of duck :)
https://youtu.be/mb-pXczfe7A

Hi casper, thanks a lot, this looks totally yummy!! I love Rillettes, and it's one of the things you can buy in a French supermarket for a reasonable price that keeps you going :)

My wife has also done some batches of home-made Rillettes, here is the recipe:

850 g porc shoulder (leave fat on)
500 g lard, preferably white and mild
4 bay leafs
1 small bunch of thyme or 3 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon peppercorns
50 ml dry white wine
Salt
Ground black pepper
Nutmeg

- Pre-heat oven on 130 °C

- Melt lard in roasting pan (or similar), then add garlic cloves, bay leafs, pepper corns and thyme and mix it with the lard.

- Cut the meat in cubes, add a little salt and distribute in roasting pan, so that everything is covered with lard.

- Add the white wine.

- Put the lid on and put it in the oven for 3-4 hours, turn every hour. The meat is ready when it can be torn apart easily with a fork.

- Take out the meat from the fat. Press the lard through a fine strainer/sieve and keep it. Clean the gross fat from the meat (if necessary) and tear it apart in a bowl, using two forks.

- Pour the lard into the bowl with the meat, so that you get a juicy mass - don't be shy with the fat!

- Now add salt, pepper and nutmeg - don't be shy either, because we will add more lard later, which might neutralize the taste a little.

- Sterilize jar (if necessary) and fill half of it with the meat mass. Add a thin layer of lard and shake the jar, so that the air at the bottom is filled. Then fill the jars (nearly) completely with the meat mass and add another layer of lard, which covers the whole thing.

Bon appetit!

rilettes_collage.jpg

Casper thanks so much for posting this, I made it yesterday and it's turned out brilliant.

I didn't have much lard left so I used ghee and bacon fat too, I boiled up the pork in the slow cooker for about 5-6 hours then put it on the stove for about 30 mins to cook all the water off, and mashed it up with a spoon.

I used mixed herbs, salt, pepper, pinch of turmeric and a little ginger, next time I will try garlic and onion.

It's great for taking to work and eating quickly :thup:

Attachments

• IMG_3765[1].JPG
    IMG_3765[1].JPG
    710.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3768[1].JPG
    IMG_3768[1].JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom