Hits for the C’s - Increase in usage of concept of “wishful thinking”

T.C.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thought this was the best place to put this, although it’s not exactly based on a prediction by the Cs, but rather a concept.

The first one of this type that I started to notice over the last 5 years or so was what seemed to me to be an increase in the use of the term, ‘the universe’, as a way of explaining an act of god or relationship to the world. I find that even atheists are comfortable with and understand the term if you say, “Well, the universe stepped in and helped”, or “the universe had other plans,” or “the universe is trying to tell me something.”

Well now, I’m noticing geopolitical analysts on YouTube are increasingly using the term, ‘wishful thinking’ when analysing the actions and inactions and decisions of the western powers. I’d been noticing it more and more over the last few weeks, but I was just listening to another discussion on Sino-Russian relations on The New Atlas (at 13mins
) and the term gets used again.

It gives me the feeling that wishful thinking is maybe more of a universal and objective law than we might have appreciated until now. For us, it has always been a useful concept to use as a tool to explain one of the key weaknesses of STS, but the fact that analysts with no connection to the group or the Cs and who are not focused on psychology or metaphysics are starting to use the term just stands out to me.

Back
Top Bottom