Highly Sensitive + High Sensation Seeker (INFP Personality)

John G

The Living Force
So, what do you want to do John G?

The reason I ask is because, I don't know if I've read a direct choice from you in this exchange. I think the anger might be a good sign, even if there's a need to navigate it properly, but it's a sign of you having changed something that has initiated a process of withdrawal. Although, as you yourself just pointed out. Beware of the attachment to the idea of being a martyr, that can have its own allure.
I'm planning to keep going. Before it was kind of like why bother doing it if it makes you worse for others even it's manageable, but if it's a withdrawal-like thing, might as well keep going even if it gets worse before better. I'm 60 not 20 years old so hopefully the lower usual hormone levels help even if the longer period playing around with them doesn't. Yeah in a sense this problem got me out of a martyr problem long ago and it would not be good to go back even at a reduced level.

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I'm planning to keep going. Before it was kind of like why bother doing it if it makes you worse for others even it's manageable, but if it's a withdrawal-like thing, might as well keep going even if it gets worse before better. I'm 60 not 20 years old so hopefully the lower usual hormone levels help even if the longer period playing around with them doesn't. Yeah in a sense this problem got me out of a martyr problem long ago and it would not be good to go back even at a reduced level.
Then all the power to you John G,

Feel free to share what you'll surely discover along the way, There's much we can always learn from one another.

Bluegazer

Dagobah Resident
I saw this thread and started browsing. I did an online test and... well here I am.

BTW. I admit that I also have a similar condition with the subject of sexuality and desire and creativity. Let's say I have a very high libido.

Attachments

• INFP-T.jpg
    INFP-T.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 13

John G

The Living Force
I saw this thread and started browsing. I did an online test and... well here I am.

BTW. I admit that I also have a similar condition with the subject of sexuality and desire and creativity. Let's say I have a very high libido.
The -T part fits too. It supposedly relates to the Big 5 Neuroticism (the other 4 have been correlated to the usual 4 MBTI scales). The -T would fit with health/development problems in Enneagram/MBTI lore too. It's the nurture things while the other scales are more nature (tests and theories are of course not always perfect but the general idea does seem to fit for the INFP-T with inferior S and T development and low Enneagram 9 health).

In general, I think the assertive/turbulent dichotomies in the MBTI map onto the Neuroticism scale in the Big 5.

“Neuroticism is one of the Big Five
higher-order personality traits in the study of psychology. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than average to be moody and to experience such feelings as anxiety, worry, fear, anger, frustration, envy, jealousy, guilt, depressed mood, and loneliness
.”[1]

In terms of the MBTI, this will likely be how much one jumps from the dominant to the inferior grip. When one is in the grip, the same behaviors associated with neuroticism, in differing degrees, start to show up. I would say that the inferior grip gives the flavor with which neuroticism is experienced. Of course, this is just my hypothesis but I got a good feeling about this one.

When we look at it as being in the inferior makes us act not like our normal healthy functioning self, and a negative expression of the function, then we probably see the relationship.

Few predictions based on this hypothesis:

ENFP: An ENFP-T would go into the grip and become extremely nostalgic. They would start remembering everything they have ever done wrong in life and wish they could have made better decisions. They will relive their past in the present moment, experiencing all the intense emotions in an exaggerated manner...

He didn't comment on the INFP-T but the extraverted version seems to fit; I'm 60 and kind of emotionally went back to high school especially on the romantic fiction topic. Sheesh.

Top Bottom