High school shooting in Parkland Florida

What Led to the Parkland High School Massacre? | Inside Report
Premiered 10 hours ago / 27:02

Judicial Watch Senior Investigator Bill Marshall interviews Max Eden of the Manhattan Institute & co-author of the book, "Why Meadow Died: The People and Policies That Created The Parkland Shooter and Endanger America's Students."

I've been following the Nikolas Cruz sentencing trial here and there. He has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Most (if not all) of the victims' families and friends preferred the death penalty, however as one of the parents said in his final statement, dying in prison (ie being killed by another prisoner) will be more painful than a controlled death. It was interesting to see how the defense team tried to portray Cruz as a poor boy. He had his seat lowered and he had his back hunched. He also covered his ears when audio was played of students screaming. I saw no signs of remorse from him, and I think it's likely there are psychopathic and narcissistic traits, but genetic factors likely also play a role (interesting analysis by Dr. Grande, found the vid through your Substack, AI!). One thing that I thought was appalling is one of the defense lawyers showing the middle finger to the judge after which the lawyer and Cruz started giggling:

Pretty sick. The defense team was rather unprofessional throughout the trial. I thought the judge and the team representing the victims' families were great all around. The testimonies from the families, friends and survivors were heartbreaking. I can't imagine the pain they're going through. It's unfortunate that the system failed taking action against Cruz as there were clear signs that he was going to be a threat. Whether the demon voice is true or not I don't know, as he tried to act as if he was 'seeing things' thinking that would help his case (see here). But it may be possible that his drug abuse and other factors made him vulnerable to certain external 'influences' (demonic or otherwise), who knows. FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom