High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C (and other vitamin infusions)

About a week ago I had the opportunity to get 50 grams of IV vit C through my doctor's office after showing them the test results for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. In addition, I have had 2 15 gram doses at 'hydrate' clinics, and one 15 gram done at home over the last year and a half or so. The one physical improvement I can point to with some certainty has been seasonal allergies - as I usually sneeze and sniffle quite a lot come spring and fall. But this year, with only the occasional reaction, things have been pretty ok with no need to take allergy medication.

A little off topic perhaps but I noticed that I didn't feel so wonderful in the few days following this recent treatment. I guess I had some expectations of feeling super-duper afterwards! But then I realized that my smoking shortly before I settle in for reading and going to sleep was not a good habit - as the nicotine tends to make me less likely to sleep a full 7-7:30 hours. And instead, I end up sleeping only 6 hours or so., if that. What a difference a good night's sleep makes, I tell ya!

In any case, this served as a reminder to myself to just continue keeping an eye on the whole picture; we've come to think of the body, and its relative health, as a storehouse or 'bank' that can be added to - or subtracted from - in any number of ways more or less. Doing good things here, and not-so-good things there that can detract from all the work we put into feeling well.

Back
Top Bottom