Hey Counter Punch Where Did You Get Those Pictures

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
http://www.ricksiegel.com/web/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=117

Posted by: ricksiegel on Sunday, November 05, 2006

" Mr. Cockburn:

Thank you for your article of 9/10/2006, "How They Let the Guilty Parties of 9/11 Slip Off the Hook - The 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts." It has and will serve many purposes well. I was especially enamoured by your opening sentence; the one that associates the name Bush with the word "mastermind."

However, I would like to solicit your assistance, and perhaps the assistance of your brother Andrew, with a minor issue (please see specific request below). This assistance involves your sentence :

"As regards the hole, my brother Andrew -- writing a book about Rumsfeld and the DoD during his tenure -- has seen photos taken within 30 minutes of Pentagon impact clearly showing outline of entire plane including wings. This was visible momentarily when the smoke blew away . . . "

Wow! That is clearly a piece of evidence that would demolish the entire "conspiracy nuts" issue revolving to-this-day about 9/11 and the Pentagon. Some preliminary questions:

Will these photos be available anytime soon?

Who is in possession of these photos ("taken within 30 minutes")?

Who TOOK the photos ("taken within 30 minutes")?

Given that only one, maybe two, video cameras were in-operation at the Pentagon that day (vis-i-vis the Judicial Watch FOIA "results"), what type of photographic technology was used for the photos your brother Andrew has seen ("taken within 30 minutes")? Were these video capture, standalone digital/SLR? Etc.?

Why weren't these photos ("taken within 30 minutes") made available to the good honest folks at The 9/11 Commission?

Why weren't these photos ("taken within 30 minutes") made available to The 9/11 Commission for inclusion in their "List of Illustrations and Tables" on page IX of their report?

Why weren't these photos ("taken within 30 minutes") made available to the good honest folks at the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) for discussion and inclusion in their 'The Pentagon Building Performance Report'?

Why have these photos ("taken within 30 minutes") never been released to the public, other than perhaps your brother Andrew?

Will these photos ("taken within 30 minutes") be included in the book that your brother Andrew is writing "about Rumsfeld and the DoD during his tenure"?

My SPECIFIC REQUEST involves a letter I wrote to Mr. Rumsfeld that has gone unanswered for over a year. It can be found here:

http://www.veronicachapman.com/nyc911/Rumsfeld-1.pdf

http://www.peacetakescourage.com/articles/Rumsfeld.pdf

http://www.spingola.com/Paul%20Sheridan.htm

Please note the "Specific Request" that I make atop page 3 of that letter.

At this point I would ask your assistance, in both the context of your excellent article about "9/11 conspiracy nuts" and in the context of your brother Andrew's upcoming book, that we-together both work to get an official response to my "Specific Request" to Mr. Rumsfeld of 22 July 2005.

Please respond.

Paul V. Sheridan

P.S. If your brother Andrew would like to include a copy of my 22 July 2005 letter to Mr. Rumsfeld in his book, please telephone me to discuss (313-277-5095).

Counter Punch Article:
http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn09092006.html

In a supremely respectful tone, Paul Sheridan is slyly questioning the veracity of the 'new' Pentagon photo. In an odd way it kind of reminds me of how children ask innocent questions that are sometimes so disarming, and truth telling in themselves, that the adults being questioned get flustered and embarassed. Of course Sheridan already knows the answers to his questions, but here uses the cover of a sincere and concerned citizen (which he actually is) and taxpayer to get the facts, and 'set the record staight'.

From the 3rd page of Sheridan's letter to Rummy:

Request for a Letter of Confirmation - Specific Request

My request is very simple. I would like to receive from you a simple, straightforward letter, that you author and personally sign, that confirms and states that there is no doubt in your mind that American Airlines Flight 77, which utilized a Boeing 757 passenger aircraft, crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. I request that this letter of confirmation be received at my address listed above not more than 30 calendar days subsequent to receipt-signature of the instant letter at the Pentagon.

What I Will Not Accept

So that my request is not subject to misinterpretation, I will review the specific and general responses that are not acceptable. I will not accept a letter authored and signed by a member of your staff. I will not accept proposals, of any kind, that suggest that in-the-alternative I review various reports, computer simulations or engineering reviews; I am already thoroughly familiar with those sources of information. In general, I will not accept diatribe about Aconspiracy theories.@ (Indeed, the underlying theme of this request is your assistance with obviation of these allegations, theories, etc.) In general, I will not accept a response that is not directly from my Secretary of Defense, Mr. Donald H. Rumsfeld.

Request for a Letter of Confirmation - Reiteration

Many have said, and I agree, that you are probably the most well-known Secretary of Defense in the history of the United States of America. Your actions prior to, on the very day in-question, and after September 11, 2001 are part of the justification for that place in history. Again, the American taxpayers and the world need you to remain at your current post. Certainly you would agree that the American taxpayer has earned and is deserving of a simple and personalized confirmation, from their Secretary of Defense, that the Pentagon event of September 11, 2001 is not questionable or worthy of Amalicious lies.@ In the context of national security, and the need for ongoing public confidence in the integrity/honesty of the Administration, your proverbial John Hancock is requested on a letter of confirmation.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Cordially,

Paul V. Sheridan

Well done and very reasonable sounding. He does after all just want a letter, from Rummy himself, verifying what the governent alleges - that it was a 747 that hit the Pentagon on 911, and NOTHING MORE. Just this statement and that's it. Pretty clever. Puts Rumsfeld on the spot a bit, don't it? And Sheridan asks for this in the *interest* of 'national security'. Now that's a nice spin on things!

Thanks for clearing that up Elan, heh I think I was off in the outer limits. I deleted my previous rather rambled ignorant posts. : DOH!

Your posts weren't rambled or ignorant, noise. You were trying to discern the tone of someone's writing - a type of tone that isn't often heard or read, I don't think. And so you more or less asked, what the heck is this guy about anyway?!

It was as if, as I was reading what he said, I got/felt confused. Then I decided that it was likely my fault and deleted my reply after rereading it and my posts. I fugured I was taking in too much info at once as I had replied to one of laura's previous posts just before replying to this one. Thinking about it though your correct, I'm not sure if the guys Full Of Stuff or just putting it to me straight.

Is he coming or going? Is he anti-truth or pro? He seems to kind of imply something that I think is real and sometimes confirming these thoughts I have and other times punching holes in them - seemingly the same ones he confirmed. That is at least the general gist I got from reading it.

I just didn't think I was adding to the context of the topic so I thought it better to delete my post's. I hope I remember this as there is something I think I have gained from it. I mean this in terms of "I think" or "well this might make so and so think," so much concern for self and imitation presentability.. not as private a place as I'd like to go into detail of that personal subject though.

Thanks for the comment Elan, I needed that. :) I hope I did not side-track the issue Laura was bringing up as I'm very much interested in following up and hearing her and others perspectives on this.

-Steve M.

noise said:
Is he coming or going? Is he anti-truth or pro? He seems to kind of imply something that I think is real and sometimes confirming these thoughts I have and other times punching holes in them - seemingly the same ones he confirmed. That is at least the general gist I got from reading it.
He was a bit tricky, wasn't he? He kept asking his questions and doing it in a way that was designed to keep the questioned party at ease. As though it were in the questioned party's interest to respond with more info. I think he may actually have had some fun at this too.

noise said:
I just didn't think I was adding to the context of the topic so I thought it better to delete my post's. I hope I remember this as there is something I think I have gained from it. I mean this in terms of "I think" or "well this might make so and so think," so much concern for self and imitation presentability.. not as private a place as I'd like to go into detail of that personal subject though.
Perhaps Sheridan's tone didn't make sense to others as well, and you were the only one who actually said so? But more than this - is what I think I know and communicated about Sheridan's tone clear at this point? (no need to respond if it is)

noise said:
Thanks for the comment Elan, I needed that. :) I hope I did not side-track the issue Laura was bringing up as I'm very much interested in following up and hearing her and others perspectives on this.
If any exchange leads to increased knowledge and learning, then I don't think anything got side-tracked.
Thank you Steve, for your comments. You have reminded me of what this is all about. BTW, I remembered a book today that reminded me a little of Sheridan's writing, and A LOT of what's done here. Plato's Euthyphro - really fun stuff and not that long. You can down load it free from here:

http://manybooks.net/titles/platoetext99uthph10.html

Thanks for the link.

I still feel it is not so much the writers fault. I think I was going in too many directions at once. A bit of short circuiting going, data overload. From my perspective I really think strongly that this guy is a shield. Badgering and with nothing to back it up either. Where's the missing photo? It simply does not exist as the wind blew by and the non-existant wings shown.

If we were a kids playing with transformers - it seems I could not tell a protectobot from a protectoCon for a spell. :)

Thanks again that link - or series thereof - I intend to make some use of.. though I've certainly got a bit of homework here.

Salutations!

My not-so-recent, not as polite letter to now New York Governor Elliot Spitzer: _http://www.veronicachapman.com/nyc911/Sheridan_to_Spitzer_1_29AUG06_with_SPOD.pdf

(..)has seen photos taken within 30 minutes of Pentagon impact clearly showing outline of entire plane including wings. This was visible momentarily when the smoke blew away . . .
Well he does not say 747 wings/plane, could still be a globalhawk-type of plane. Then again, that is if what he says exist... exists.

Back
Top Bottom