Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
An immediate national bestseller, Hegemony or Survival demonstrates how, for more than half a century the United States has been pursuing a grand imperial strategy with the aim of staking out the globe. Our leaders have shown themselves willing-as in the Cuban missile crisis-to follow the dream of dominance no matter how high the risks. World-renowned intellectual Noam Chomsky investigates how we came to this perilous moment and why our rulers are willing to jeopardize the future of our species.

With the striking logic that is his trademark, Chomsky tracks the U.S. government's aggressive pursuit of "full spectrum dominance" and vividly lays out how the most recent manifestations of the politics of global control-from unilateralism to the dismantling of international agreements to state terrorism-cohere in a drive for hegemony that ultimately threatens our existence. Lucidly written, thoroughly documented, and featuring a new afterword by the author, Hegemony or Survival is a definitive statement from one of today's most influential thinkers.

Attachments

• Hegemony or Survival.jpg
    Hegemony or Survival.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 57
Hi Ellipse,

What's the urgency behind your posting about a book from 2003 ? New updated edition or something like that ? You didn't provide any explanation...

See: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony_or_Survival

Palinurus said:
Hi Ellipse,

What's the urgency behind your posting about a book from 2003 ? New updated edition or something like that ? You didn't provide any explanation...

See: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony_or_Survival

Urgency? I saw the book so I put it in my to read list and so here. I missed that this is a book from 2003. It look like so topical that I failed to look at the date. Thanks for the link.

Thank you for your swift response, Ellipse.

I asked because I'm under the impression that one doesn't signal a book here until after one has read it oneself, and always accompanied with some sort of appreciation or review, or with an explanation of the reasons why it should also be read by other forum members.

Only in rare occasions of some urgency should one signal a work one hadn't the opportunity yet to read oneself, together with an explanation of the reasons for that signaling.

None of those did apply here, apparently. At least, that's what I thought.

Maybe I have this all wrong and backwards. If so, please excuse me.

Palinurus said:
Thank you for your swift response, Ellipse.

I asked because I'm under the impression that one doesn't signal a book here until after one has read it oneself, and always accompanied with some sort of appreciation or review, or with an explanation of the reasons why it should also be read by other forum members.

Only in rare occasions of some urgency should one signal a work one hadn't the opportunity yet to read oneself, together with an explanation of the reasons for that signaling.

None of those did apply here, apparently. At least, that's what I thought.

Maybe I have this all wrong and backwards. If so, please excuse me.

Sure I don't yet read it but I'm not sure we must be stiff about sharing only what we have read. For sure we have to post here for a good reason but networking about books looking interesting seem a good thing to me. Typically, you give me a good feedback with the link and I will perhaps reconsider the reading. I never thought to search for a book on Wikipedia.

Nerveless clarifying that the book is not read yet is, effectively, a good thing.

Palinurus said:
I will perhaps reconsider the reading

Don't forget to search the entire forum for Chomsky because he's not held in so high an esteem here anymore as you seem to take for granted.

No, but not adding comment from my part head to this kind of perception from others for sure. I should have simply say "Not read yet, seems interesting, to be evaluated". Will do now, thanks :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom