Hearing voices

agni

Dagobah Resident
I have met this girl last year at a local store. We hanged out couple of times.
Whole life she has been going through a lot of "drama", she was struggling if she was gay or not since she was a kid, and told me that when she was 14 she wanted even to commit suicide because of that. And she just let her parents know that she is different, which got them ballistic, her mother left the country because of that and it does not seem they accept her too well.(trying to change her).

On top of that, she told me that for a long time she has been hearing voices, calling her name, talking between themselves (example: "we need to tell her the truth. She is not ready yet... ; do not hide from us, we are there... we know how you feel... we know everything about you... etc)

Because of that, she is being treated by doctors for (schizophrenia & chronical depression), she says pills help her not to hear voices...

Weird part is... She says that when she is near me or hangs out with me.. she does not hear the voices for couple of days... And for some reason, she strongly believes that I can help her to resolve the issue with voices.

Now what kind of alerts me:

- It's very strange circumstances that we have "met" each other. I mean... so many customers and she starts talking to me.
- She "opened" herself very quickly (as far as telling her story)
- She considered me to be her best friend after 2 months of knowing each other (knowing, not hanging out) and now she is constantly reminds me of that... almost feels like she is attempting to guilt-trip me.
- When I talk to her... it almost seems something is missing inside of her. I mean, she seems like she understand and listens to things... Says that she is on the "side of good"... But at the same time... I get the feeling that she does not listen and understand anything said, and everything basically just goes through her without a trace, she almost feels like "empty"..
- She loves to call me to tell me about her "serious" problems... which I do not think problems at all.. Seems like she loves to create problems out of nothing and try to make me believe that she has a problem.
- She will do what she thinks is best without any regret or much concern to others, she does not feel guilty if she has done something wrong.

Thing is.. She expects me to help her to resolve her issues with voices. Honestly, I do not know how to help her much, other than to give her support. but at the same time I feel something is very "wrong" about it and the whole situation

Can someone recommend how it's possible to help person who hears voices ? How to deal with that ?

My first instinct would be to stay away from this person. Voices or not.

Did you or can you verify her stories?

Only thing I know for sure that she is being treated by doctors for depression.

I have the "gut feeling" to stay away.. but I do not like to leave anyone in "trouble"... Very mixed feelings about it...

agni said:
Can someone recommend how it's possible to help person who hears voices ? How to deal with that ?
If there's no genuine demande for help, I would not give help.

If there is a genuine demande for help, I would be very very careful.

So maybe the very first step is to evaluate the "genuinity" of the demand (not ordering, not whining, not begging, ...)

agni said:
Thing is.. She expects me to help her to resolve her issues with voices. Honestly, I do not know how to help her much, other than to give her support. but at the same time I feel something is very "wrong" about it and the whole situation
From your description, it does indeed sound like something is 'wrong' here. It sounds like this person is feeding on you - and, mental health issues or not, if you're feeling a 'guilt trip' from being told that you are her 'best friend' after so short a time - then it is very likely that you are being manipulated into providing emotional/mental/energetic support.

It has been suggested that 4D STS often provides synchronicities to influence individuals into a course of action that will benefit 4D STS, in one way or another. It might be time to take a distanced, sober look at this and to LISTEN to that voice inside you that is saying something is 'wrong'.

Also, unless you are an experienced mental health professional, it is very likely that you cannot help her with the voices in her head no matter what, and continued association and 'feeding' may bring very real harm - or so it seems to me - and I could certainly be mistaken. Also try to remember that acting in favor of your own destiny is NOT acting against another.

Have to echo what has been offered so far. You first:
In looking at what you've written in other posts here, I'd guess that you are serious about your own inner growth. You've written about dreams and sounds in transitional states, your practices and the symbolic meanings of what you experience. You're committed to the interior work. There are few coincidences once you've started on that path; that this girl has appeared now in your life with this growing list of concerns isn't an accident. Her not hearing the voices after visiting with you could well mean that you are a good influence on her ( not a surprise ), but whatever she's going through, why is she putting this in front of you, and why now?

Now her:
She might be extremely needy for support - and in addition to what anart has listed she might also hit you up for material support. Ostensibly she's working out her identity, that's how it started, but she goes on to other, deeper, more time-consuming issues. People can attach themselves to you and drain your energy and distract you enough to keep you from progressing on your own path. See if she asks for any increasing requests for your time and energy.

The big clues you twice mention are that she seems empty and that the situation feels wrong. That's almost enough to go on, when your gut tells you to watch out. No need to cut her off completely, but be careful. Like very many other people she likely has a dulled conscience, and now a dulled awareness from her medications, though I know that can sound a little harsh. As you might have heard elsewhere - this is her drama, not yours. I've encountered the type, and my natural compassion for someone else usually got engaged first. Later did I remember to move with caution. So that's what I'd say, too: both compassion and extreme caution here.

Well I pretty much second all that's been said here and my only advice would be to oh-so carefully and tactfully extract yourself from that particular situation with this girl. From what you've described she does sound a bit like a psychopath or OP, but I doubt she's necessarily the latter. At the very least she sounds like a troubled girl with some narcissistic drama queen tendencies. Either way it's bad news, trust me. I've been in a similar situation to yours (many times actually with different people in order to learn various karmic lessons about control through pity, but I digress) so all I can say is that these types of girls are the LAST kind that you want to hang around with.

Either way your gut (the solar plexus chakra AKA your own personal lie detector) is telling you to head for the hills vis-

Thank you guys... You really help me learn.

as a matter of fact I gave her money on Sunday to help out her friend who got arrested (car related) I do not need or expect anything in return. Not that I have much money, but I do not think about myself when someone is supposedly in need. As a matter of fact I do not really care if she lied to me... I don't want to judge her. Even that she promised that she is going to return it, I said.. "don't worry.. forget about it... ". And I really mean it... Whatever happens..

But this is just my current understanding for now, most likely with a time it will change. I am relatively new to the whole concept, basically I have just started doing babysteps of understanding.

Now that I think about it.. When I met her, I was "in pain of broken love". When I have started to have "enlightening" moments she disappeared from my life. "Now", I was going through "tough emotional" times due to the loss in a family of one of my best friends. And that's when she has appeared again. It almost seems like reoccurring event... I think something is trying to tell me something ;)

I mean, I see where you are all trying to lead. Not everything that "needs" help should be helped. That something I still need to learn and understand. I really do not think well(!) when someone is asking for help, I do not quite think of myself or think too much about the reason behind it, I do not need or want anything in return, I just feel that I need to help. But now that I think about it, would I help Hitler if he would ask for help ? ;)

Anart is right, acting in favor of your own destiny is NOT acting against another.

In a way I am thankful to this girl for being part of the learning. But I need to study this carefully ;)

and again, thank you all !!!

ok, I'm late to the discussion, but I'd just like to agree with what others have said - there is some good balanced advice there.
if you are in a 'needy' state, and then you meet a person who is in a state of continuous crisis, then that can be *bad news*.

be careful, and best of luck!

Hi Agni,

I would just like to add two things to what has been said.

First, sometimes the best way of helping someone is to say "No". You may be keeping that person from learning a karmic lesson.

The second is something that was in the Ra "Law of One" material. This has also been used repeatedly by Laura in various places. It is a question of STO beings helping STS beings. (Q will stand for Questioner.)

Q: Could you amplify the meaning of what you mean by the "failure to accept that which is given?"

Ra: I am Ra. At the level of time/space at which this takes place in the form of what you may call thought-war, the most accepting and loving energy would be to so love those who wished to manipulate that those entities were surrounded and engulfed, transformed by positive energies.

This, however, being a battle of equals, the Confederation is aware that it cannot, on equal footing, allow itself to be manipulated in order to remain purely postivie, for then though pure it would not be of any consequence, having been placed by the so-called powers of darkness under the heel, as you may say.

It is thus that those who deal with this thought-war must be defensive rather than accepting in order to preserve their usefulness in service to others. Thusly, they cannot accept fully what the Orion Confederation wishes to give, that being enslavement....
So, if you are trying to align yourself to STO polarity, then by helping someone who is STS polarity, which from your description of this persons actions and the way you feel seems to be, you, yourself will then align yourself to the STS polarity by the enslavement of that STS entities manipulations. Which gives the advice of anart "to act in favor of your own destiny" an added bit of meaning, osit.

Good luck in you endeavors.

Now the girl tells me she has multiple personalities. She says she has little girl in her and a man, and she could not answer who she is. She also does say that she does not want to exist anymore at all. Can it be a sign of OP ? Or what is it ? At this point I lack "expertise" in the area.

It sounds to me that she is trying to make you feel that if you leave her, you will be responsible for something bad happening to her. What I do in these situations is give my advice, and then give reasons why I shouldn't see them anymore. Usually they are genuine reasons but presented in a tactful and gradual way, and there can be no giving in, ie- if she says "we're best friends aren't we", don't say "yes", just be honest to a certain degree, but don't be agressive or rude. If you give in, she will probably be "attached" to you for a long time, if you don't, then she will probably find someone else who is easier to manipulate. Thats what I have learnt in my experience with people like this anyway.

Hi Agni,

in addition to what everybody else wrote, keep in mind that what keep us sometimes in relationships that drain us is also our own self-importance and the "nice-person" program, which stems from a need to be accepted and liked by others. (got to know them up close and personal myself :) )

Self importance tells us "Of course *I* can help!" and the nice program adds "*I* have to/must/should help because i am a good person!".

Frankly, if the girl has all the problems she claims she has, there's nothing you can do to help her, period.

Good luck in whatever action you decide to take.

C's: Pity those who pity.

Back
Top Bottom