Had to reduce my monthly support by 15 euros. Can someone step in?

naorma

Dagobah Resident
Due to the immense rise of costs I had to reduce. Rent is rising, heating is rising which is the main problem. Even internet and telephone are rising.
So: Since the FOTM - like all of us - is certainly suffering with the same problem I asked myself what could I do?
And then my idea was: I ask members of the forum. Maybe there are people that can rise their amount a little bit?

If
3 people can pay 5 euros more or
5 people can pay 3 euros more or
8 people can pay 2 euros more or
15 people can pay 1 euro more

there would be no loss to the FOTCM.

I have been thinking a lot whether I had to make this decision of reducing but I have to be responsible to my own living situation.

Due to the immense rise of costs I had to reduce. Rent is rising, heating is rising which is the main problem. Even internet and telephone are rising.
As you say naorma everyone is suffering from the same problems but we cannot spread ourselves too thinly or we'll be no use to anyone in the times to come. This reminds me of the "widow's mite". it's no so much the amount you give but why and how you give it.

I agree to what others commented on this idea. Also, another thing that may factor in here may be faith - that the means which are needed to keep the lighthouse shining (FOTCM & SOTT) will be provided in sufficient manner every month. That DCM / the Universe will take care while everyone contributes as they can - may it be money in an amount we can afford, or other forms of energy like posting information on the forum or being of help to someone there, participating in online meetings or contributing to projects. These are all things that keep everything running and alive as well, and they may act as a signal to the Universe to provide to its furtherance even in the times to come.

I just started a monthly donation of 20 $, and I hope it can compensate a bit of what falls away due to the tough times. Additionally; when I have better than average salary, I usually pitch in with an extra amount now and then.

💞

So: Since the FOTM - like all of us - is certainly suffering with the same problem I asked myself what could I do?
And then my idea was: I ask members of the forum. Maybe there are people that can rise their amount a little bit?

If
3 people can pay 5 euros more or
5 people can pay 3 euros more or
8 people can pay 2 euros more or
15 people can pay 1 euro more

there would be no loss to the FOTCM.

I have been thinking a lot whether I had to make this decision of reducing but I have to be responsible to my own living situation.
I just want start making monthly contributions. If I may ask, are there groupings as such or it is a mare suggestion? I have to start now.

I just want start making monthly contributions. If I may ask, are there groupings as such or it is a mare suggestion? I have to start now.
This was just an idea I had, so it is merely a suggestion - although I realize I should have had a better wording . . . like: Maybe someone wishes to step in . . . for me here was something to learn and I say thank you to all those who answered!

Back
Top Bottom