Gurdjieff books on CD (is this for real?)

D Rusak

Jedi Council Member
I was looking on Ebay for G's books and found some guy selling a CD with (claimed) 30 G and O related books on CD. Apparently the CD contains all of these books AND will read them to you out loud.

The seller, Buddha's Box, maintains a website at http//www(dot)buddhasbox(dot)com.

My first thought was, "there's no free lunch". This seems too good to be true- does anyone know about this guy? I noticed that there's quite a few things by Rodney Collin. The whole incident where he locked himself in O's room and thought he communicated with him telepathically after he died seems a little bit sketchy.

This is what is (supposedly) on the CD:

Beezlebub's Tales to His Grandson by Georges Ivanovich Gurdjieff
Meetings With Remarkable Men by G. I. Gurdjieff
In Search of the Miraculous by P. D. Ouspensky
The Fourth Way by P. D. Ouspensky
The Herald of the Coming Good by G. I. Gurdjieff
Episodes With Gurdjieff by Edwin Wolfe
The Struggle of the Magicians by G.I. Gurdjieff
A Further Record by P. D. Ouspensky
A New Model of the Universe by P. D. Ouspensky
A Record of Some Meetings by P. D. Ouspensky
Gurdjieff and Ouspensky Orage by Gorham Munson
Hellas by R. Collin
Lessons in Religion for a Skeptical World by R. Collin
Letters from Russia by P. D. Ouspensky
Life is Only Real When I Am by G. I. Gurdjieff
Strange Life of Ivan by P. D. Ouspensky
Talks With a Devil by P.D. Ouspensky
Tertium Organum by P. D. Ouspensky
La Pira'mide De Fuego
The Christian Mystery by Rodney Collin
The Herald of Harmony by Rodney Collin
The Mirror of Light by Rodney Collin
The Mystery of the Seed by Rodney Collin
The New man by Maurice Nicoll
The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution by P. D. Ouspensky
The Symbolism of the Tarot by P. D. Ouspensky
The Theory of Celestial Influence byby Rodney Collin
The Theory of Consciousness by Rodney Collin
The Theory of Eternal Life by Rodney Collin
The Whirling Ecstacy by Afliki

I honestly don't know if I would buy G on CD anyway because I like to scribble in the pages (and probably would be tempted not to give it the suggested read-though aloud if the computer did it for me) but it seems like it could be a good resource, especially for doing searches and such.

D Rusak said:
I honestly don't know if I would buy G on CD anyway because I like to scribble in the pages (and probably would be tempted not to give it the suggested read-though aloud if the computer did it for me) but it seems like it could be a good resource, especially for doing searches and such.
Are we sure that this particular edition does not violate copyrights of the authors and publishers of the printed editions?

D Rusak said:
I was looking on Ebay for G's books and found some guy selling a CD with (claimed) 30 G and O related books on CD. Apparently the CD contains all of these books AND will read them to you out loud.
Surely there is NO way, never mind how much you compressed it, that you could squeeze an audio spoken version of 'Beelzebubs Tales' onto a single CD - I think you'd be talking about 100's of hours of audio just for that one (including all of Gurdjieff's mega-syllabic multi-language made-up words, lol!) , never mind all the rest of the books as well. The only way this could possibly fit would be if it was stored in text format, and then was read by some text-to-speech voice-synthesis software. Imagine that - computerised Gurdjieff-speak! :/

sounds like a scam, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom