Gunung Padang

meadow_wind

Jedi Master
After watching the docu-serie Ancient Apocalypse by Graham Hancock, I searched here for more info, but there is very little we know at all, and only 2 discussions. This place remains a mystery...

Questions would be (please choose the best way to formulate the questions) :
1- Who built Gunung Padang?
2- For what purpose? / What purpose did it serve?
3- What are the mechanics of the site? / How does it work?
4- Depending on answers from questions #2 and 3, could we elaborate on understanding the purpose and mechanics of the hexagonal stones if it hasn't already been answered?
5- If pertinent to ask : was this structure surrounded by a city or simply a standalone building?

Thank you

I remember watching this Graham Hancock's ancient Apocalypse series. Here is one article on it.
He tries to fit into Flood of Noah timeline. Let me make a guess based on similar sites and C's answers for them.
After watching the docu-serie Ancient Apocalypse by Graham Hancock, I searched here for more info, but there is very little we know at all, and only 2 discussions. This place remains a mystery...

Questions would be (please choose the best way to formulate the questions) :
1- Who built Gunung Padang?
Atlantean descendants or survivors of Atlantis destruction.
Same as regular pyramids - ambient energy collection and utilization.
3- What are the mechanics of the site? / How does it work?
C's said regarding pyramids - It will be like teaching a kid on how to use Boeing.
4- Depending on answers from questions #2 and 3, could we elaborate on understanding the purpose and mechanics of the hexagonal stones if it hasn't already been answered?
May be similar to answer 3.
5- If pertinent to ask : was this structure surrounded by a city or simply a standalone building?
May be or May be not. I am not sure of the significance of this question.

Same as regular pyramids - ambient energy collection and utilization.
Maybe, but it could also be something else. Some people's hypothesis is that those stones would serve as a sound resonance technology. If that is the case, there might be other purposes than collecting energy? Like a factory, healing center, traveling, etc.

We don't know what we don't know, so it's hard to figure out by ourselves (which explains the C's answer: "like teaching a kid on how to use Boeing").

As for question # 5- If pertinent to ask: was this structure surrounded by a city or simply a standalone building?
The reason or significance of this type of question would be to help define and/or clarify society's structure, the purpose of said building, or maybe other things we don't know that can be useful.

Maybe, but it could also be something else. Some people's hypothesis is that those stones would serve as a sound resonance technology. If that is the case, there might be other purposes than collecting energy? Like a factory, healing center, traveling, etc.

We don't know what we don't know, so it's hard to figure out by ourselves (which explains the C's answer: "like teaching a kid on how to use Boeing").

As for question # 5- If pertinent to ask: was this structure surrounded by a city or simply a standalone building?
The reason or significance of this type of question would be to help define and/or clarify society's structure, the purpose of said building, or maybe other things we don't know that can be useful.

including photos /diagrams (link below)

Last edited:
I watched this a while ago - it was rather fascinating. I like how he does his research, and objectively looks at the results.

Quoting from How These Rocks Got Their Strange Hexagonal Shape - Geology In :

Columnar basalt is unlike normal basaltic lava as it cools. Most commonly effusing from volcanic vents of various types, basalt tends to either form a a rubbly kind of lava, or pahoehoe, a stringy, ropey form of lava. Either way, both types start as lava emerging from a vent and eventually cooling a little further down the volcanic slope.

The big geological mystery: Why that particular shape? Using the same sort of computer simulations engineers employ to analyze stresses in bridges and aircraft parts, researchers analyzed the stresses within a thick slab of lava as it solidified.

They found that as the material at the surface cooled, it shrank more quickly than the underlying lava, which was still warm. That shrinkage led to a random pattern of cracks that typically intersected at 90° angles.

But as the material cooled and shrank further and cracks grew downward into the solidifying slab, small cracks began to consolidate into large ones and the angles between them gradually shifted toward 120°—the angle at which the most energy is released, the researchers report online this week in Physical Review Letters.

Those 120° angles—the same angle between two adjacent sides of a hexagon—are generally maintained until the lava completely cools, which leads to the overall shape and pattern of blocks so commonly seen in nature, the researchers explain.

The hexagonal shape of columnar basalt must have been of enough significance to them, to have (IIRC) move them all that way.
It looks like extensive testing of the site has been done using numerous methods to see how it's composed here

Maybe you can explain what is Gunung Padang, give some information about it. Also you can put some pictures if you can. Thank you.
If you have Netflix, you could watch the first episode of the series "Ancient Apocalypse". The whole episode is focused on that building and it is quite fascinating.

At this link, you can find the episode's transcript :

I found this article (updated February 2, 2023) to be very good at describing the site with beautiful pictures, but it is very limited:

interesting quote from that website :
An Indonesian man who is doing some volunteer work here at the site sits down next to me and starts to chat.
He tells me that the rocks give off energy. It’s all to do with a special magnetism, he tries to explain.
I don’t quite understand but I try to sense whether there is some power coming from them. I’m certainly impressed when he leads me over to two special long rocks and shows me how they make musical sounds when you hit them in the right place.

Otherwise, the links provided here by other members are very interesting.
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom