Grounding

Zar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm currently taking an intuitive medicine course(am a quarter of the way through) and one thing that I keep noticing is how powerful grounding is for daily life. And it's something that not many people know or use.
The very first thing we are taught is to ground properly and frequently, and the more I practice it the more I notice how stabilizing it is. So I thought I would share some of the information and see what ya'll think or have experienced.

Before I start I'll mention that all of this information can be found in Francesca McCartney's book "Body of health". I won't be including everything in these exercises, just enough for anyone to ground effectively.

So what is grounding?
A common description of grounding is that it is a technique that allows people to directly connect their bodies to the Earth and use its natural electric charges to stabilize them. I think the most common conception of grounding is the act of walking barefoot on the grass/ground, but it's not necessary to have to go barefoot outside everyday to ground and I think you can achieve a much deeper grounding with certain exercises. As it is explained in my intuitive medicine course, we are made up of something akin to frozen light and are therefore not physical. So it makes sense for us to heal and operate at the level that we are; meaning working with energy/chi/bio-electricity/etc. The type of grounding that I'm being taught bypasses the physical and goes directly to though/intention(and works very well)

In my course grounding is explained in a bit more detail(there is a whole chapter on grounding) but for now I'll just add a brief description
The concept of intuitive grounding involves a specific energy anatomy grounding system existing in a subtle field that connects a person's physical anatomy. Chinese medicine provides a holistic system of health based on this principle. This energetic grounding connection allows excess or aberrant energy that enters your personal space to be released into the earth and neutralized.
The term grounding has different meanings in different fields. In electrical terms, a grounding circuit serves as a release valve for excess electricity. The surge protector your computer is plugged into uses such a grounding circuit; if there is a sudden burst of energy that exceeds the capacity of the computer, the surge protector directs the excess energy into the grounding circuit and down into the earth, where the energy is neutralized or grounded.
A strong grounding connection also provides a stable base from which to operate in the world. it creates a feeling of safety, centered awareness, clarity, and self-assurance. When you are grounded, your wisdom voice is clear and accessible, a natural part of your perceptional sense, your intuition walks you through the world with ease and grace.
For some people, this grounding connection is inconsistent. Some activities ten to enhance the strength of their grounding, and others tend to weaken it...

So basically grounding allows you to not be swayed by external forces and to give you a path to discharge any energies that don't belong in your energy field. It has other uses and I'm thinking it may also play another role that may help with Wave's on us and earth but I'll get to that later.

How to ground

Grounding varies greatly and can be altered(though the concept is always the same), and I'd encourage each person to practice different types and find out what works for them. You can also incorporate different techniques to your grounding that can help in various ways. With practice grounding can take a minute or less, though it's a good idea to take your time initially to get a handle on how it feels.

I'm going to lay out two methods of grounding, a powerful one for beginners to learn to get a sense for it and one that's much faster that can be done quickly if need be but can be used with more advanced techniques.

Gravity Grounding meditation.

Gravity grounding is quite powerful, and the idea is to allow gravity to drag all tension, stress, blockages, or even emotions down into the earth to neutralize them. The focus with all of grounding is to create a pathway to the center of the earth.
The exercise looks something like this.

1. Find a comfortable place to lie down. Close your eyes and begin to breath slowly, inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. Breath with the intention of slowing down and relaxing. Focus on listening to the sound of your breath. Do this for about a minute. then let your breathing return to its natural rhythm.

2. Evoke a feeling of being surrounded by nature. Draw upon a favorite place at the beach, in the woods, on top of a mountain , or near a river. Recall a place you know in nature that simulates a familiar sensation of peace and tranquility. Be in the center of the memory of that serene experience. Enter in a no-think place and hold that feeling and energy for a quite minute.

3. Focus on feeling that your nature-memory stimulates - a whole-body sensation of peace and tranquility. Feel the elemental forces of the earth; sense the force of gravity, the energy that attracts bodies towards the center of the earth. Notice how your body feels. Feel the force of gravity sinking you down into mother earth. Sense the pressure that gravity applies to your whole body. Affirm that you are relaxing your body, letting go of any resistance, and drooping into the force field of gravity. take a deep breath and relax. hold that feeling of gravity grounding for a moment.

4. Beginning at your head, move through each body part and sense any energy blocks, tension, or stress. When you locate disharmonious energy, focus on that area and visualize the force of gravity pulling the disharmonious energy out of your body and down into the earth.

5 Scan your head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and chin. Sense any points of stress of tension. See the areas of light or dark energy. locate any pain or inner noise. Put your attention on each area of discomfort and feel the force of gravity moving the energy block or pain down and out of your body and sinking into the earth. Breath into this area and relax.

6. Now focus on your neck, shoulders, arms, and hands and release it with gravity down into the earth. Breath into this area and relax.

7. Continue with this pattern and focus on your back, from your neck to your buttocks.
Then your upper Torso: your chest and solar plexus.
Then your Pelvis, back and front.
Focus on your legs: things, knees, claves, feet, and toes.

8. Spend a couple of minutes scanning any out-of-balance energy in your body and grounding it off.

9. Take a deep breath and be present in that inner, quiet, still place. Hold that feeling for a moment.

10. From that point of perception, sense your whole body, form the top of your head to your toes. feel the force of gravity pulling your entire body down into the force field of the earth. Drop your energy low to the ground and feel your entire body holding that grounding connection to Mother Earth. Hold that meditation feeling for one minute.

Gravity grounding takes a little longer but is very potent, when you get used to it it will take longer as you will have less stuff to ground away and your energy will flow smoother. The other method(I used this one all the time) can be used in any posture, though sitting is better.

Standard Grounding.

I use a variation of this method most of the time, this grounding technique and can take as long or as short as you need it. You can even incorporate gravity grounding after you establish your anchor.

1. Sit in a comfortable chair with your feet flat on the ground, your back straight, and your arms and hands in a resting position.

2.Breath slowly and gently and focus on your breathing for one minute

3. Visualize the energy of your spirit as a color, symbol, or knowing(if you have trouble with this visualize a gold aura). Visualize a current of your spiritual energy moving from the center of your head and running vertically through your body down to the center of the earth. Visualize anchoring your spirit through your body into mother earth. See and feel your spirit coming more fully into your body(see attachment I posted below).

4. Drop your emotional energy low to the ground, and feel the slow, dense resonance of the force field of the earth. Sense the pulse of the planet- the heartbeat of mother earth. this rhythmic pulsation is the earth electromagnetic force field, which continuously bathes our bodies with a natural healing current.

5. Put your attention on your first chakra, which is located at the base of your spine. Call for an image that represents your emotional grounding(a]see below for clarification). Visualize that emotional grounding symbol connecting organically from the base of your spine and dropping an anchor down to the center of the earth. Create an inner-earth connector for this symbol to hook into. Feel the pull of gravity on your body body. Visualize this emotional grounding expanding as wide as your body and pulling your whole body down into the core of the earth. Hold that feeling for a moment.

6. Bring your attention down to your feet chakras, located and the bottom of your feet. Visualize them opening up like a flower. Feel the pulse of the earth in your feet. visualize planting your feet into the earth. Practice keeping your feet Chakras open all the time to enhance your connection to the earth so that you may walk through the world with ease and grace.

7. Take a deep inhale-and-exhale breath, and focus on your whole body. Sense and see any areas where blocked energy is located. scan for unhealthy energy areas; Frozen or congested light, dark or musky colors, or any symbol presence that you feel is not in harmony with your well-being.

8. Visualize the force of gravity pulling on each negatively charged area, magnetically drawing all unhealthy energy away from that location, and running that energy down to the core of the earth. Visualize a release valve or tube that allows the energy a free-fall space to run down. Practice releasing the negative energy and letting it go.

9. Drop your emotional energy low to the ground again. Put your attention on your first chakras visualize your emotional grounding symbol, and see that symbol expanding as wide as your body as you visualize it moving down the the core of the earth. This grounds your emotional body.

10. Hold this meditation grounding for one minute.

A couple of things to mention here. What the author means when she says anchoring symbol is a picture or a type of anchor that you want to use. I'll list some examples.

-Tree roots growing from your first chakra to the center of the earth(I like to use this one)
-A wire made from copper/silver
-A waterfall
-Ships anchor sent deep into the earth
-Beams of light
-Two magnets( you are one and the center of the earth is another)
-A cascade of diamonds
-Steel beams
-Carabineers connecting your chakras to a gold ore at the center of the earth. (you can ground each of your chakras with this)
-And anything else that you would like to use since there a vast amounts of images you can use

If you are having trouble feeling or visualizing anything then don't worry, a big part of getting the hang of this is just practicing. Everyone can ground. Sometimes it may mean that you're not a very visual person so use whatever method you feel most comfortable with.

What this does is establish a connection that will give you a passage for grounding, as well as keep you grounded and stable for a duration of your day. It's a good idea to continuously check your grounding connection and re-establish is as you go. I ground when I wake up, go to sleep, and check my grounding/re-establish it several times a day.

I've got a few more things to add but for now I'll post this and hope it's clear enough.

Attachments

• WIN_20220717_12_53_20_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220717_12_53_20_Pro.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 41
I just tried this meditation and it works! Very good visualization practice too. One thing that I'd like to add is since we are directing energy towards the Earth, maybe it would be good to ask for her permission before doing something like this, though I think it is alright as long as intentions are pure. I confirmed this when I asked her and was happy to do it. This also relates to my next question I asked her: how can I be of help to you? The response came through as creating good relations with other people and harmony. Grounding helps one have the energy to do that, and one way I can think that it does help the Earth is that it raises the overall atmospheric vibe in your area, and with more people living that way, creates a better environment for Earth and its denizens.

Interesting, Zar! I'd never thought about grounding in terms of thought/intention before..

I grew up in a tropical climate and used to hardly ever wear shoes, I went everywhere barefoot for most of my late teens-mid 20s.. Didn't know anything about grounding, I just found it more comfy. The rare occasion I did have to have shoes on, I found it very mentally uncomfortable. I felt disconnected and clumsy, and like I couldn't think properly.. it was a weird and very noticeable effect..

I live in a place that gets cold now, so have to wear shoes.. I've grown used to it. Definitely couldn't go back to being 100% barefoot. My soles were filthy! But so tough. They're soft and pampered now, I can't walk on sharp gravel any more without wincing :)

I try to get outside without shoes as much as I can, but it's not much and I do feel I've lost something, a bit.. So thanks for the ideas about grounding meditation! I'll try it.

I personally like to walk on bare foot. But in countries like USA that inevitably raises eye brows. There are some areas where I can ignore the eye brows and there are others I can't. That is physical aspect of grounding.

There are times we are anxious because of our mental conflicts ( perceived drawbacks of how we handled a situation vs so-called ideal). In that case knowing how others handle the situation to have a realistic strategy of handling our conflict. This is also sort of grounding to the reality instead of self beating( because we want to be honest). The reason I mention this is many of us doesn't have training of how to be self satisfied when there is a difference between ideal vs reality.

The so called spiritual books always tend to say what is ideal, which tends to create to anxiety as we are not. But we don't know how to reach there. I know this is mundane thing but that knowing will lead to more knowledge in the sense "Knowledge protects". In that sense, Soul is half and other half is related to body.

I used to think of grounding the same way, as in walking barefoot on the ground. It does work and is very healing but it's not very practical now a days. I think the term for grounding yourself physically is called earthing, though both terms are interchanged. there is quite a bit of research that has established the healing aspect of earthing(not sure if there are any on energy/intuitive grounding). I have read many accounts of students who all found this type of grounding to be very helpful but I'm not going to post those here since they're part of the curriculum and I'd need permission. I'll post a few of the research papers from PubMed here.

The effect of grounding the human body on mood

Abstract​

Earthing (grounding) refers to bringing the body in contact with the Earth. Health benefits were previously reported, but no study exists about mood. This study was conducted to assess if Earthing improves mood. 40 adult participants were either grounded or sham-grounded (no grounding) for 1 hr. while relaxing in a comfortable recliner chair equipped with a conductive pillow, mat, and patches connecting them to the ground. This pilot project was double-blinded and the Brief Mood Introspection Scale (comprising 4 mood scales) was used. Pleasant and positive moods statistically significantly improved among grounded-but not sham-grounded-participants. It is concluded that the 1-hr. contact with the Earth improved mood more than expected by relaxation alone. More extensive studies are, therefore, warranted.

Earthing (grounding) the human body reduces blood viscosity-a major factor in cardiovascular disease

Abstract​

Objectives: Emerging research is revealing that direct physical contact of the human body with the surface of the earth (grounding or earthing) has intriguing effects on human physiology and health, including beneficial effects on various cardiovascular risk factors. This study examined effects of 2 hours of grounding on the electrical charge (zeta potential) on red blood cells (RBCs) and the effects on the extent of RBC clumping.
Design/interventions: SUBJECTS were grounded with conductive patches on the soles of their feet and palms of their hands. Wires connected the patches to a stainless-steel rod inserted in the earth outdoors. Small fingertip pinprick blood samples were placed on microscope slides and an electric field was applied to them. Electrophoretic mobility of the RBCs was determined by measuring terminal velocities of the cells in video recordings taken through a microscope. RBC aggregation was measured by counting the numbers of clustered cells in each sample.
Settings/location: Each subject sat in a comfortable reclining chair in a soundproof experiment room with the lights dimmed or off.
Subjects: Ten (10) healthy adult subjects were recruited by word-of-mouth.
Results: Earthing or grounding increased zeta potentials in all samples by an average of 2.70 and significantly reduced RBC aggregation.
Conclusions: Grounding increases the surface charge on RBCs and thereby reduces blood viscosity and clumping. Grounding appears to be one of the simplest and yet most profound interventions for helping reduce cardiovascular risk and cardiovascular events.

Grounding after moderate eccentric contractions reduces muscle damage

Abstract​

Grounding a human to the earth has resulted in changes in the physiology of the body. A pilot study on grounding and eccentric contractions demonstrated shortened duration of pain, reduced creatine kinase (CK), and differences in blood parameters. This follow-up study was conducted to investigate the effects of grounding after moderate eccentric contractions on pain, CK, and complete blood counts. Thirty-two healthy young men were randomly divided into grounded (n=16) and sham-grounded (n=16) groups. On days 1 through 4, visual analog scale for pain evaluations and blood draws were accomplished. On day 1, the participants performed eccentric contractions of 200 half-knee bends. They were then grounded or sham-grounded to the earth for 4 hours on days 1 and 2. Both groups experienced pain on all posttest days. On day 2, the sham-grounded group experienced significant CK increase (P<0.01) while the CK of the grounded group did not increase significantly; the between-group difference was significant (P=0.04). There was also an increase in the neutrophils of the grounded group on day 3 (P=0.05) compared to the sham-grounded group. There was a significant increase in platelets in the grounded group on days 2 through 4. Grounding produced changes in CK and complete blood counts that were not shared by the sham-grounded group. Grounding significantly reduced the loss of CK from the injured muscles indicating reduced muscle damage. These results warrant further study on the effects of earthing on delayed onset muscle damage.

Earthing: health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth's surface electrons

Abstract​

Environmental medicine generally addresses environmental factors with a negative impact on human health. However, emerging scientific research has revealed a surprisingly positive and overlooked environmental factor on health: direct physical contact with the vast supply of electrons on the surface of the Earth. Modern lifestyle separates humans from such contact. The research suggests that this disconnect may be a major contributor to physiological dysfunction and unwellness. Reconnection with the Earth's electrons has been found to promote intriguing physiological changes and subjective reports of well-being. Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits-including better sleep and reduced pain-from walking barefoot outside or sitting, working, or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems that transfer the Earth's electrons from the ground into the body. This paper reviews the earthing research and the potential of earthing as a simple and easily accessed global modality of significant clinical importance.

The Effects of Grounding (Earthing) on Bodyworkers' Pain and Overall Quality of Life: A Randomized Controlled Trial

Abstract​

Background: It is well known that massage therapists routinely develop a number of health problems related to their profession.
Purpose: To determine the effects of grounding on massage therapists' quality of life and pain. Grounding, refers to being in direct body contact with the ground, such as walking barefoot on humid soil or on grass.
Setting: The Chopra Center for Well-Being in Carlsbad, California, USA.
Participants: Sixteen massage therapists (mean age 42.8 years).
Research design and intervention: A stepped wedge cluster design was incorporated into a 6-week double-blind Randomized Controlled Trial (RCT) procedure with massage therapists assigned randomly into one of two cohorts. Therapists were not grounded for the first week, were grounded while working on clients and at home while sleeping for the next four weeks, and then ungrounded for the last week.
Outcome measures: Prior to, during, and immediately following the intervention, participants completed standardized questionnaires reporting on pain, physical function, anxiety, depression, fatigue/tiredness, sleep disturbance and number of hours of sleep, number of clients worked on per working day, energy, and emotional and mental stress.
Results: As a group, therapists experienced significant increases in physical function and energy and significant decreases in fatigue, depressed mood, tiredness and pain while grounded as compared to not being grounded. At one-month following the study, physical function was also increased and depressed mood and fatigue were decreased.
Conclusions: We observed consistent beneficial effects of grounding in domains highly relevant to massage therapists, namely pain, physical function, and mood. These findings, combined with prior results from this trial indicating improvements in inflammatory biomarkers, blood viscosity and heart rate variability (HRV), suggest that grounding is beneficial to massage therapists in multiple domains relevant to their occupation, supporting overall health and quality of life.

Integrative and lifestyle medicine strategies should include Earthing (grounding): Review of research evidence and clinical observations

Abstract​

Earthing (also known as grounding) refers to the discovery that bodily contact with the Earth's natural electric charge stabilizes the physiology at the deepest levels, reduces inflammation, pain, and stress, improves blood flow, energy, and sleep, and generates greater well-being. Such effects are profound, systemic, and foundational, and often develop rapidly. Earthing is as simple as routinely walking barefoot outdoors and/or using inexpensive grounding systems indoors while sleeping or sitting, practices that restore a lost and needed electric connection with the Earth. Some 20 studies to date have reported intriguing evidence of wide and significant physiological improvements when the body is grounded vs. non-grounded. The research, along with numerous anecdotal reports, demonstrates that Earthing clearly deserves inclusion in the clinical practice of preventive, alternative, and lifestyle medicine and has great potential to render these approaches more effective.

There are many research papers all indicating a very powerful effect of earthing. The problem being, as many of us have found, is that it's not very practical to have to walk barefoot every time you want to ground yourself these days.

Let's say if you want to give or receive reiki(or many other things), it's not very practical to have to walk outside and ground yourself for 20+ minutes before doing a session. And once you're back inside you quickly loose your grounding and have to ground again. I could be wrong but it also seems like this method is a materialistic approach to grounding, as in we have to get our very physical feet to connect to the physical ground to establish a connection. We're so inundate in materialism that we tend to think this way. The thing is that we're not physical so doesn't it make sense to operate at the level that we are, though what we're made of I do not know.

That being said it's very easy to ground yourself with intention/meditation, and it can take as little as a few minutes. If you want to ground before reiki all you do is breath a few times through the nose, focus on connecting your tailbone/root chakra to the middle of the earth with whatever symbol you want, and feel/sense/imagine gravity gently dragging you down(it even feels good to boot). I should add that I think reiki is pretty intense on the physical body and there needs to be a deeper grounding that goes with it before giving and receiving.

I just tried this meditation and it works! Very good visualization practice too. One thing that I'd like to add is since we are directing energy towards the Earth, maybe it would be good to ask for her permission before doing something like this, though I think it is alright as long as intentions are pure. I confirmed this when I asked her and was happy to do it. This also relates to my next question I asked her: how can I be of help to you? The response came through as creating good relations with other people and harmony. Grounding helps one have the energy to do that, and one way I can think that it does help the Earth is that it raises the overall atmospheric vibe in your area, and with more people living that way, creates a better environment for Earth and its denizens.

I'm not sure if that is the right way to think about things. When I started experimenting I had a similar thought, something along the lines of is my negative/impure energy harming the earth in any ways. But who's to say that any energy we send is impure or negative? that's a judgement or observation we make for energy or emotions that feels bad for us or is bad for out health. The earth however is not human and I don't think it operates the same way we do... Well I've got no concept of how it operates but I do know we're not that big compared to the earth. We're a drop in the ocean and the earth is transmuting forces we can't even imagine. Getting bombarded by meteors may even be equivalent to getting a haircut. Also I think we're supposed to be grounded to the earth, it's most likely a natural function of living on earth for all creatures. So if anything grounding is something we are supposed to operate with and not so much something we need to ask permission for, like breathing. But the response you got seems spot on.

I'll add more but it may take a few days since I'm working long days now.

Edit: messed up some quotes.

The first exercise is very similar to an astral projection exercise I learned years ago. I found if I did that before sleep I would often feel fully rested even if I only slept a few hours. I never added the earth/gaia stuff to the exercise, so I suspect that may have nothing to do with it's effectiveness. I never succeeded in astral projection, and it's attendant dangers, but if one does this in bed that is a possible caveat.

I have heard about grounding for a long time and it didn't make sense to me not until I had my Ayahuasca experience and had Reiki classes after. With Ayahuasca, I can remember I felt so weak, I needed energy and I asked a facilitator to help me lie down in the ground because my intuition was saying that only the earth's energy can help me at that time. I can remember I felt an energy that is so pure and it recharged me. From that experience esp. on that night, I have felt the vibe of the trees, the fire, the wind and water. I think with ayahuasca, my senses got sensitive during that night though I cannot say it had the same effect with everyone. Since then, I practiced grounding because I have this awareness of how they feel and how they helped me. I think the lack of awareness of how it works is the reason why I don't practice grounding before. A week after, my Reiki mentor taught me more about grounding. He told me to always be grounded before we start our class. I learned a different term too which we call "finding your center." I find that some people use the terms similarly. To me, I needed to be grounded to find my center. Center according to how I understood it is seeing things in a neutral view so you can make judgments objectively. With grounding, I find that my chakras are aligned and I can easily find my center. The grounding with my reiki teacher is similar with the steps above but we go through the chakras instead of body parts. Currently, since I now know the effect of grounding to me, there are times that I no longer need to visualize nature but say certain affirmations to myself. (This might help for people who have trouble with visualization) Judging through both techniques, both work for me but I prefer to be out there grounding in nature physically because there is that extra bonus with my flowering plant friend giving off that fragrant smell through its flowers. :-D🌷

I learned about grounding first through yoga. Back before “on demand” and streaming (this was 25 years ago), I found a program called Yoga Zone - a beginner level practice that aired every day at 6:30am.
One thing that the instructors on that program were very good at was persistently suggesting that you extend your “self” past your body and into space. Often, this was used as a visualization and sensation practice to help expand and open muscles and breathing.
But especially during balancing poses (I think it was exactly Tree Pose that made it click for me), they instruct that you draw stability up from the earth and through your standing foot and leg. This is a perfect imaginative exercise for visualizing one’s roots!
I think the “root” visual is particularly helpful in part because root systems mimic electrical discharge, such as lightning. I also often repeat common phrases as a reminder throughout the day, such as “I need to get back to my roots,” or “Remember your roots.” This reminds me to get grounded quickly in terms of my place in the earth and the energetic field, and it also ties in that human experience given by my family, my ancestors, my way of life. I guess it just ties it together nicely in my head.
Here is a visual of tree pose, for those who want to explore.
800D90FF-1E60-4297-9FCE-3E270C8858BD.jpeg
As far as the gravity grounding mentioned, that sounds like what I learned from yoga in “corpse pose.” Each practice closes with this to allow time to notice differences in bodily sensations and for the new energy to sort of blanket the body evenly. I like to imagine that I am lying in the sand, sort of sinking in.
I am a solo practitioner, and I still use free yoga practices on YouTube. One of my favorites often uses the phrase “root to rise” while going through asanas. I’ve never heard her explain this phrase, so maybe it is intuitive by nature.

I also wanted to draw attention to Castaneda - I cant remember what book it is, but he describes Don Juan taking a very particular stance to face “the enemy” (I may be wrong in my remembering of the phrase.) But essentially, Don Juan planted his feet strongly, slightly bent his knees, back straight, and arms engaged but hanging at his sides. I believe that stance was a grounding stance.
One of Castaneda’s books that I looked at but didn’t read fully was just full of physical exercises that he learned from Don Juan, including a simple grounding action to use for an energetic boost. Simply stand on the ground and grind your heels into the earth, moving feet side to side three times.

Lastly, I want to mention the Maori’s famous Haka, an intimidating ceremonial dance used before battle. The purpose of the dance is to draw the strength of their ancestors up through the earth and into the body, thereby assuring that each warrior will fight with the advantage. The New Zealand Rugby team also performs this before each game.

Here is a short video.

Many others are available, and each haka is slightly different. Notice the initial stance: feet firmly planted, knees bent. Arms make movements at a low level and then move upward, often returning to the dancers’ hips. This is just like a yoga flow. It is also just like the exercises documented by Castaneda. I think it is the cosmic pattern of energy. These visual and physical practices are exactly the human way of projecting a magnetic field. Energy is brought up through the feet, out through the crown, the wrapped around through use of the arms (most basically.) Then it returns to the earth, and the cycle repeats. Just like this:
185E75FD-522D-41FA-8BEA-0DC2115A1C17.jpeg
I hope that’s helpful.

Here is documentary about Earthing I found.

The explanation given for how grounding works is that the earth fills you with electrons when you connect with it. I'm not sure if that's the mechanism for grounding. I was watching a short video that explained that electricity works differently than how we think it does.

In this video the experiment shows that it's actually the electric field that carries information, and moves the electrons to create light/sound in our equipment. What I was thinking is that maybe what occurs is that we connect to an electromagnetic field of the earth that allows all of our electric circuits in our body to function without resistance. If we are not grounding then we are acting like a capacitor(a capacitor is a device that stores an electrical field), and that will disrupt our electrical systems.

Un Grand MERCI pour toutes ces précieuses informations, je viens de les copier pour les lire tranquillement et en faire bon usage...

A big THANK YOU for all this precious information, I have just copied them to read them quietly and make good use of them...

Zar, I will definitely watch this video. I work in a factory that produces power and data accessories (basically really fancy power strips.) So, as far as electrical power systems go, I understand simple circuits.
One wire carries electrons from the source into the circuit and to the accessory. The other wire carries the electrons back to the source. The third wire, the grounding wire, is there to protect against irregularities.
The electrons will naturally flow toward a positively charged source. In the event of disruption in the circuit, those electrons will bypass the wires and find the fastest route with least resistance back to its source.
The ground provides such a route safely, preventing shocks and thermal events (meltdowns.)
If things are running smoothly, the ground wire will not carry electricity. But if more electrons are flowing from the source than back to the source, the ground provides the release valve and keeps the circuit intact.
Of course, that model only explains a specific type of simple circuit. To project that on to every electrical exchange would assume we all have 3 metal prongs carefully arranged on our persons.
It brings to mind the balance of entropy and enthalpy. Systems (human or otherwise) are capable of holding heat, yet there is always a disorganization naturally occurring, or a scattering of energy.
I think you are onto something with the capacitor idea. Thanks for sharing.

If we are not grounding then we are acting like a capacitor

I think you are onto something with the capacitor idea.

"C's Groups of people represent energy portals in cosmic rather than global terms. Light warriors are "connectors"
on a cosmic level. Transducers of energy of transitions of your sector of space and time rather like capacitors. Now, all of you have value far beyond your own understanding to this point. It would be wise to remember this and be cautious. Go from this point with joy in the knowledge and ...defend it. Session: 020731"

I like the idea that you can tune your "inner system", using grounding to store/release electromagnetic energy in your body.
For me, it helped tremendously to free my mind and better comprehend how it function and interact with universe :-).

Back
Top Bottom