Graham Hancock - "Underworld"

highmystica

Jedi Master
I rencently finished the book "Underworld". Like many of Graham Hancock's books it deals with the antediluvian cultures that seem to have left traces here and there accross the globe. I was disappointed that it wasn't written as well as some of his other books, though I enjoyed reading it considerably, and there were times I enjoyed it more than the others I have read. So even though it isn't as well written I would still recomend reading it. Actually in a way the things that made it seem more akward of a read in my opinion was that he was trying to make it a more personal telling of the experiences that he went through over the course of the book, but didn't seem to be able to make it mesh well with the other information he was trying to convey. I like that he is trying a new way of doing it, because it does add another dimension to the story, and perhaps in future books he will be a bit better at it.

In this book he presented new theories as to how a global flood could have happened around 10,500 b.c. that effectively washed away the majority of these sites that were above the current sea level without actually innundating the entire planet. There were a few things that made me laugh, for example, he contacted a Dr. Wolf Wichmann to try and gain support for his ideas starting with Yonaguni, and after awhile it seemed to me that it wasn't even a question of convincing him whether or not Yonaguni was made by humans or not - Dr. Wichmann seemed to be playing devil's advocate desperately trying to get Graham Hancock to present the idea in a more scientific way. He eventially points out to Graham Hancock that:

Wolf: No, no, I mean I agree to that, to that chain, to that chain - it's clear. But to the last point ... this is the point that you must prove. A theory remains a theory unless you have proof.
(excerpt from underworld)

Then there is the weird stuff concerning malta - or the cities found off the coast of india ... there really is a wealth of information in this book, and though it does deal with a similar theme as his other books the information is from a very different angle ...

Back
Top Bottom