Google Page When Searching

Mountain Crown

The Living Force
I used the Search Window in the top right hand corner and was given a Google page. What's up with that?

It didn't happen when I used the menu.

MC said:
I used the Search Window in the top right hand corner and was given a Google page. What's up with that?

That's odd, I just used it and came up with the usual search page here on the forum. Are you sure you used the forum search box and not the search box on your browser which tends to be in the far upper right hand corner?

MC said:

It seems if you chose "Entire Site" scope, it delegates to Google Search inside of the domain (same as using site: syntax on Google page itself e.g. site:cassiopaea.org). I think this is a standard implementation of Web site after Google becomes so popular.

anart said:
MC said:

That's odd, I just used it and came up with the usual search page here on the forum. Are you sure you used the forum search box and not the search box on your browser which tends to be in the far upper right hand corner?

I'm sure I did, I use it often. Weird. :umm:

[quote author=GotoGo]It seems if you chose "Entire Site" scope, it delegates to Google Search inside of the domain (same as using site: syntax on Google page itself e.g. site:cassiopaea.org). I think this is a standard implementation of Web site after Google becomes so popular.[/quote]

Wouldn't it then, consistently do so? :nuts:

MC said:

Have you considered the possibility that it might be some sort of spyware or malware that is causing the anomaly?

I'm having to deal with a malware problem right now that I seemed to have picked up over the weekend. It takes me to odd websites at random among other things from what I've observed.

MC said:
[quote author=GotoGo]It seems if you chose "Entire Site" scope, it delegates to Google Search inside of the domain (same as using site: syntax on Google page itself e.g. site:cassiopaea.org). I think this is a standard implementation of Web site after Google becomes so popular.

[/quote]
Yes, it is consistently so for me (?) whenever I choose "Entire Site" scope. I understood it was how it supposed to be.
For example, enter "MC" + choose "Entire Site" scope + click "Search" always delegates to:
http://www.google.com/search?domains=www.cassiopaea.org&sitesearch=www.cassiopaea.org&q=MC

GotoGo said:
MC said:
[quote author=GotoGo]It seems if you chose "Entire Site" scope, it delegates to Google Search inside of the domain (same as using site: syntax on Google page itself e.g. site:cassiopaea.org). I think this is a standard implementation of Web site after Google becomes so popular.

Yes, it is consistently so for me (?) whenever I choose "Entire Site" scope. I understood it was how it supposed to be.
For example, enter "MC" + choose "Entire Site" scope + click "Search" always delegates to:
http://www.google.com/search?domains=www.cassiopaea.org&sitesearch=www.cassiopaea.org&q=MC

[/quote]

I have the same problem if i choose "Entire Site".

But instead of choosing entire site, if i choose "Entire Forum" i do not have that problem. My search stays in the forum, it does not go to google.

As a hypothesis, i think when we use the menu, the search stays in the limits of the forum.

Yup, that's how it works. The forum can't search the entire cassiopaea.org web site, but Google can!

Back
Top Bottom