Gluten-free Pizza Crust

Thank you for the answer. I was reading a little bit on the internet as well about yeast, and there are different opinions but many of them are positive but they also note that there can be some side effects, also some are saying that it is not so healthy. I really try to eat home-made food so I want from now on to make my own bread, however if I do not put yeast it may easily become hard and not easy to eat. Is there something that can change the yeast ? Thank you a lot.

I really try to eat home-made food so I want from now on to make my own bread, however if I do not put yeast it may easily become hard and not easy to eat. Is there something that can change the yeast ? Thank you a lot.

Look for yeast-free gluten-free recipes, and you'll find tons! For most things, I've found that enough baking powder and guar gum do the job.

For example:

(replace the milk with rice or coconut milk for a dairy free version).

I've never used that one, it's just a quick example. :flowers:

Loos for yeast-free gluten-free recipes, and you'll find tons! For most things, I've found that enough baking powder and guar gum do the job.

For example:

(replace the milk with rice or coconut milk for a dairy free version).

I've never used that one, it's just a quick example. :flowers:
I am really thankful, but I really do not want to be boring. However I would like to know how often do you eat bread and do you make your own ? Do you use more yeast or baking powder ? Do you mind gluten and if yes why ?

Gracias por la respuesta. También estaba leyendo un poco en Internet sobre la levadura, y hay diferentes opiniones, pero muchas de ellas son positivas, pero también señalan que puede haber algunos efectos secundarios, también algunos dicen que no es tan saludable. Realmente trato de comer comida casera, así que a partir de ahora quiero hacer mi propio pan, sin embargo, si no le pongo levadura, se puede endurecer fácilmente y no es fácil de comer. ¿Hay algo que pueda cambiar la levadura? Muchas gracias.
si no quieres usar levadura, puedes probar como dijo chu con polvo de hornear. Otra cosa que usamos en casa (a los ojos de los demás, todos somos celíacos:lol: ) es batir una clara de huevo a nieve por cada 250gr de mezcla (realmente no sé cómo se diría en inglés) y luego tú incorpórelo en el último momento con movimientos envolventes.

si no quieres usar levadura, puedes probar como dijo chu con polvo de hornear. Otra cosa que usamos en casa (a los ojos de los demás, todos somos celíacos:lol: ) es batir una clara de huevo a nieve por cada 250gr de mezcla (realmente no sé cómo se diría en inglés) y luego tú incorpórelo en el último momento con movimientos envolventes.
I used google translate :-D Do you want to say that I should use 1 egg for every 250 g of flour, that means if I make bread with 1 kg of flour I should use 4 eggs ? And that will make bread relatively soft ?

Google translate Spanish : Usé el traductor de Google :-D ¿Quieres decir que debo usar 1 huevo por cada 250 g de harina, eso significa que si hago pan con 1 kg de harina debo usar 4 huevos? ¿Y eso hará que el pan sea relativamente blando?

I used google translate :-D Do you want to say that I should use 1 egg for every 250 g of flour, that means if I make bread with 1 kg of flour I should use 4 eggs ? And that will make bread relatively soft ?

Google translate Spanish : Usé el traductor de Google :-D ¿Quieres decir que debo usar 1 huevo por cada 250 g de harina, eso significa que si hago pan con 1 kg de harina debo usar 4 huevos? ¿Y eso hará que el pan sea relativamente blando?
That's right, 1 egg white for 250g of flour it works well for us, to take into account is the size of the eggs, we use eggs that our hens give us when they are in a good mood. The more whites beaten you add, the more "fluffy" it will. I also recommend doing a test with a smaller amount. but it has been great for us. The leftover yolks can be used for fat bombs, so nothing is wasted.
I'm sorry, I don't know why the phone's translation was activated and it was posted in Spanish.

That's right, 1 egg white for 250g of flour it works well for us, to take into account is the size of the eggs, we use eggs that our hens give us when they are in a good mood. The more whites beaten you add, the more "fluffy" it will. I also recommend doing a test with a smaller amount. but it has been great for us. The leftover yolks can be used for fat bombs, so nothing is wasted.
I'm sorry, I don't know why the phone's translation was activated and it was posted in Spanish.
What is fat bomb ?

What is fat bomb ?
"Fat Bombs are small snacks made almost entirely of fat. With other low carb ingredients added for flavor and sometimes protein. Most of these LCHF keto recipes are very easy to make with few ingredients. The best fat bomb contains healthy fats, natural sweeteners and only a touch of protein."

Here in the forum are a few of recipes of fat bombs.

I am really thankful, but I really do not want to be boring. However I would like to know how often do you eat bread and do you make your own ? Do you use more yeast or baking powder ? Do you mind gluten and if yes why ?

We make our own, and get some gluten-free one at the store. But we don't eat a lot of it. Baking powder more often than yeast (it's easier and always available).

Yes, most of us are gluten intolerant. Search on the forum a bit. We have many threads on the topic. I personally tolerate a lot of foods, but gluten affects me the most. Just a bit and my bones hurt, and I feel inflamed, and my digestion is messed up. There are many reasons for that, if you want to learn about it. I imagine the large majority of our forum members avoid gluten or have reduced it greatly from their diets, after having read the extensive research gathered here.

(Same with your question about fat bombs. If you do a search on the forum, you will find more information. :-))

We make our own, and get some gluten-free one at the store. But we don't eat a lot of it. Baking powder more often than yeast (it's easier and always available).

Yes, most of us are gluten intolerant. Search on the forum a bit. We have many threads on the topic. I personally tolerate a lot of foods, but gluten affects me the most. Just a bit and my bones hurt, and I feel inflamed, and my digestion is messed up. There are many reasons for that, if you want to learn about it. I imagine the large majority of our forum members avoid gluten or have reduced it greatly from their diets, after having read the extensive research gathered here.

(Same with your question about fat bombs. If you do a search on the forum, you will find more information. :-))
But when did you start having problems because of gluten, or when did you notice that ? Could it be because of GMO food that contains Gluten ? I did not care too much up to this moment about Gluten although I was reading about it. But I guess I did not have any health problems that were so big to start connecting food I eat to that potential health problem. However I may also consider avoiding gluten in the future after I read more about that.

"Fat Bombs are small snacks made almost entirely of fat. With other low carb ingredients added for flavor and sometimes protein. Most of these LCHF keto recipes are very easy to make with few ingredients. The best fat bomb contains healthy fats, natural sweeteners and only a touch of protein."

Here in the forum are a few of recipes of fat bombs.
Thank you for the answer, however I think that my question was pretty much unnecessary I could have researched myself about what fat bomb is. But some of the things you posted look so delicious. ❤️ 😍 Thanks

But when did you start having problems because of gluten, or when did you notice that ?

Most people don't notice until they cut if off for three months, then eat it again. Easy. That's what I and many other did.

Could it be because of GMO food that contains Gluten ?

No, don't think so. Even organic gluten can have the same effects. Grains nowadays are simply not what they used to be. And we haven't evolved to eat much of them anyway. There is a ton of information on the forum about this.

I did not care too much up to this moment about Gluten although I was reading about it. But I guess I did not have any health problems that were so big to start connecting food I eat to that potential health problem. However I may also consider avoiding gluten in the future after I read more about that.

Good for you! But yes, some things go undetected until you cut them out, and see, or unfortunately, until problems arise later. I encourage you to read more about it, it's interesting stuff, and you can make a more informed decision.

1 teaspoon salt (I would recommend using 1 1/1 tsp - ours could have been saltier.)
I tried out this recipe a little while back when you first posted about it and I actually think you can probably use 1-2 tbsp of salt (or more) in order to have the desired saltiness for the dough.
But when did you start having problems because of gluten, or when did you notice that ? Could it be because of GMO food that contains Gluten ?
One of the issues discussed by Stephanie Seneff and others is that it's glyphosate that's the problem, but like Chu said, grains nowadays aren't what they're supposed to be. A friend of mine opened up an upscale pizza parlour recently and he gets some of the best quality ingredients you can imagine when it comes to his pizzas. The cheese is organic, the dough is from Italy where glyphosate is much less of an issue than it is in North America. He goes through this really stringent process of making the dough and it's probably some of the highest grade you can find.

So I decided to try it and oh wow, a delicious pizza, but I woke up that night and my joints were so stiff and inflamed that I could barely bend my elbows and knees. They actually felt stuck together and this lasted for a good couple of days before the symptoms finally started to subside, and even then for about a month or two afterwards I couldn't do chin-ups or anything involving lifting my body weight without a nagging pain in my elbows. That eventually went away, though. I didn't have this issue with his gluten-free pizza but still had gut inflammation regardless.

I was never one who noticed any issues with gluten or foods until I decided to eliminate them and reintroduce them later on. In my late 20's I was diagnosed with early-onset of arthritis in my back while my knees were starting to give out. There were times where it felt is if my knee was about to collapse just by pivoting. But since I started cutting out gluten, soy, dairy, GMO's, vegetable oils, etc. reducing carbohydrate's significantly, not only am I lot less injury prone, but my emotions are calmer and I have more control over my thoughts.

It all starts in the gut and I really believe a lot of health issues (not all) that people subscribe as a normal part of aging actually comes from the foods we eat, but because we are always eating those foods, don't know otherwise.

I ran across this "flour" addition, passed on by a good friend, which apparently can be used to replace up to third (1/3) of the flour in the mix without affecting the results. it is Zucchini, which as any gardener knows, is very plentiful at certain thymes of the year!

Flour Sources for Baking & Alternative Thickeners​

Monek Marie
Monek Marie ModeratorPosts: 3,140 admin
March 12 edited March 23
With rising prices and shipping issues that seem to be occurring more often I saw this Zucchini flour recipe and want to give it a try. Zucchini tends to take over gardens so what a great use. It made me think, what other veggies could be turned into flour or added to a mix to extend flour?
What other plant could we grow top use on our property?
Zucchini flour
You let your zucchini grow, oversized is actually better. Large to extra large. Marrow sized. I peel mine with a carrot peeler, into thin even strips for less drying time. Or slide it through a mandolin for speed of prep.
Run it through the electronic dehydrator or just thread it. . No large seeds if possible for finer texture. Everything else is fine. It must be absolutely dry. It’s essential. If in doubt always dry it more, any moisture will ruin it during storage
Then run it through a food processor or hand grinder until you have a powdered consistency. It will be a marbled green looking powder. Texture is similar to a good quality whole wheat flour. That is zucchini flour. Three large zucchini is about four or five cups for me finished.
It can be used to replace 1/3 of flour in most recipes without any change to the finished products, acts as a thickening agent for gravies, great for breading fish but we really tend use ours for tortillas and bannock since those are our quick go to breads. It also makes great dumplings and brownies.
Store in air tight jars , or we often vac pac ours
This was a link posted a bit ago here and I am adding it as it has great info
https://morningchores.com/wild-flours/

Back
Top Bottom