Glossary soon to be available?

Glossary: Definition of "Strategic Enclosure"?

Appollynon: Thank you SO MUCH for that! I shall bookmark it for future reference.

However, I would still like to see a SOTT glossary entry....

For some symbolic representations, check out some alchemical works and images labeled "temenos". (Jung's Psychology and Alchemy has hundreds of great reproductions of alchemical drawings.)

There is a cassiopedia entry though!
http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Strategic_enclosure

But if you look for "cassiopaea glossary" in google you get this first result:
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com

Which is actually cassiopedia, not the actual glossary which is this: http://www.esotericglossary.com/glossary.php

Either way, at least the entry is in one of those two places! :)

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
There is a cassiopedia entry though!
http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Strategic_enclosure
Awesome!!! That does the trick. I love how quickly forum members come to the aid of the befuddled, much appreciated....

The glossary has been turned into a wiki - so Cassiopedia is actually the official glossary at this point. Hopefully esotericglossary.com will be pointed at cassiopedia.org soon to avoid any confusion as well as duplicate content :)

hkoehli said:
For some symbolic representations, check out some alchemical works and images labeled "temenos".
I'd always wondered if the Alchemical Fortress was the same as the strategic enclosure; but these things are always open to interpretation.

Fulcanelli speaks of a bas-relief in Amiens Cathedral; he wonders if it may be an alchemical fortress or the palace of the King of our Art.
Fulcanelli said:
Whatever it may be, citadel or royal residence, the building, with its imposing and grim appearance, produces a real impression of strength and impregnability. It seems to have been built to preserve some treasure or to conceal some important secret and no one can enter there, unless he possesses thet kay * to the powerful locks, which protect it against all attempts to break in. It is like a prison or a cave and the door suggests something sinister, full of dread, which makes you think of the entrance to Tartarus;

Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here.
* actual spelling mistake in book, but cabalistic law prevents me from changing it. :)

mark said:
The glossary has been turned into a wiki - so Cassiopedia is actually the official glossary at this point. Hopefully esotericglossary.com will be pointed at cassiopedia.org soon to avoid any confusion as well as duplicate content :)
That makes perfect sense. Good to know.

mark said:
Hopefully esotericglossary.com will be pointed at cassiopedia.org soon to avoid any confusion as well as duplicate content :)
Ok, the glossary backup website should pointing to cassiopedia.org as soon as the DNS changes propagate.

Finding the SotT/QFG glossary

To locate it:
Link to Signs Page(top of page)-
Link to Site Map(top of page)-
And there she is(top of page again)......!

Somewhat hard to read, once there though. Apparently the left column is completely blocked. ?

cholas said:
Somewhat hard to read, once there though. Apparently the left column is completely blocked. ?
I went and had a look - didn't see any problems, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'hard to read' and 'left column is completely blocked' - can you elaborate?

Cholas:

It would appear that all links to the Glossary have been changed to redirect you to the Cassiopedia, including the one at the top of the Site Map page. Unless you can find a link that actually takes one to the Glossary, it would appear that the Glossary has been "retired" in favour of the Cassiopedia -- which is unfortunate, because there were pages in the Glossary that I used to regularly consult that have not been incorporated into the Cassipedia.... :(

Hi PepperFritz, which pages?

mark said:
I went and had a look - didn't see any problems, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'hard to read' and 'left column is completely blocked' - can you elaborate?
At the top of the site map is a link that says "Glossary" which does in fact take me to Cassiopedia. Once on this page, the graphics(which are great) as well as the Navigation, Search and Toolbox are blocking the text. When clicking on Adamic Man, for example, the result is still blocked, making it hard to read the page.

Is this just my experience? Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks.

Edit: My apologies for not seeing this earlier, but in response to JonnyRadar's questions about the new glossary(thread titled Cassiopedia Wiki), Laura had this to say:
Laura said:
Just hang on. We are reorganizing.
Which likely answers my questions.

cholas said:
At the top of the site map is a link that says "Glossary" which does in fact take me to Cassiopedia. Once on this page, the graphics(which are great) as well as the Navigation, Search and Toolbox are blocking the text. When clicking on Adamic Man, for example, the result is still blocked, making it hard to read the page.

Is this just my experience? Is there something I'm not doing correctly?
What browser are you using and what is your font size setting? Do you have any browser plugins that could be causing this?

Can you please take a screenshot of this issue to illustrate?

If you could also let us know which pages from the glossary that are missing from cassiopedia, that would help.

Thanks.

Thanks domivr,
I'll report back on your questions as soon as I can answer them. I'm not very knowledgable in these areas, so will need a little coaching.

I haven't noticed any pages from the glossary missing from Cassiopedia, though haven't looked too hard. Other than not being able to read them, everything appears to be there(underneath the graphics).

Quite possibly a hitch on my end.

Back
Top Bottom