Give Back

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hey guys , it was a while ago that i illustrated my concern for the climate change in the planet , with a friend of mine we got to some concepts after observing the life-cycle of a plant , and it was basically helped by the reading of , some of the work on Cassiopeia , " just like a plant we're born taking , receiving , and we grow up in the same way , but there's a time to give it back and it's a natural cycle " , so we came up with some interesting images , we were planning to print and post everywhere , but , right after the first images came to be as digital , stuff started coming up,for him and for me , and the project was forgotten , i was checking my computer and i found them and thought that you might be able to help me improve , give me opinions , and suggestions , so here's some of them in low res,
l_0cda0708ed442a3131d4eb52e1f87831.jpg

l_84fa5d0ada25fcff5bfe584c41ad8de7.jpg

l_de2e225329e795d4f63a9854c44c7ddf.jpg

l_c41eb2b19feaeea70af3a738b7ceafbf.jpg

So , basically we are young and we take everything we need , we're given this by nature but, as conciseness grows , we see the dynamic and sometimes we're faced with the question of giving it back or keep taking it. , comments ? , opinions? suggestions ,? tanks guys

Hello Alejo,

There is a category better suited for this ;)
It's in the creative act category (Here)

Anyway I'll give you (briefly) my suggestions as you asked for it.

I don't think you're showing clearly enough the message of giving back with these pictures.
For example the many arrows convey more a sense of confusion than anything else.
Same with the fishes.
On the second one, your two characters seem to over above the ground, I don't see why they would do that in the context of giving back.

Moreover I don't know if you're trying to make a logo or an illustration which are quite different in terms of freedom of expression.

Hi Alejo,

I like the idea of the message. But I'm confused as far as the relationship between the caption 'If you were God, would you save us?' and the fish illustration. Is it symbolic, like the ichthus or are the fish representative of the humans in need? I don't really understand.

For the illustration with the child and the adult, the beginning of each phrase is almost illegible, is that made on purpose? Because, if you want to convey something clearly, you might want the reader to be able to read it clearly.
There the meaning is dubious, imo, because, just like plants, we grow and take and we should give back. Well, having children may not be the best way to give back to earth, if you know what I mean. But if you mean that you give back what you received from others to your child, then I agree, but it should be clearer, with another catchphrase, maybe?

The arrow illustration seems to indicate that if there is a lot of giving back, it will bring about chaos. That's the way I understand it, at least.

As for the plant with only the 'Give back' caption, if you hadn't specifically written about the natural cycle in your post, I wouldn't have understood either.

I think you have great ideas that you should build upon, because the energy behind it is great. Do what your guts tell you to but put yourself in someone else's place, someone seeing your work for the first time, not knowing what you talk about and see if the message can come across. Keep up the good work! ;)

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
I like the idea of the message. But I'm confused as far as the relationship between the caption 'If you were God, would you save us?' and the fish illustration. Is it symbolic, like the ichthus or are the fish representative of the humans in need? I don't really understand.
It's dead fish challenging your perception of everything. It's clever cause Christians use fish for their symbology and these are dead. It's angry like, "where is your god now". My favourite of the lot, that one.

The one with lots arrows is cool too, imho. It has this fractal quality to it, which I really dig.

If I were to make a suggestion on improvements to the arrow version, I would enlarge the font and make it more striking maybe. Also, the reflection might do better if it were reduced to 25-30% transparency and skewed to the right a little for a more realistic glass look.

Hi,

I had an idea for the adult/child figure....link them together to form a large circle....fill the inside of circle with water/land/sky and color the inside of the human figures the same.....just a brainstorm idea..... perhaps have the icthus, vine/leaf, entwined in the image somehow. Don't have an idea for a caption at the moment...

i like the reflective "give" image. :-)

Back
Top Bottom