Ghouls on film?

It is unusual, I think it's related to the car headlights, as every time the Ghoul appears cars are driving past with bright headlights.

treesparrow said:
Not sure what to make of this. Whatever the image is, it goes back and forth along the same line of direction during its appearances.

Once the video is loaded fully, you can speed up the action (which is kind of stop-frame) by moving the slider at the bottom of the pane. The movement of the thing then looks ever so much like a spider moving along its line of silk. Even the changing shape of the thing is reminiscent of a spider with its curving front legs. It's out of focus, as you would expect - but what I don't get is why it's glowing the way it is.

Oh I get it ... it's the ghost of a spider. ;)

Imo.. Its related to some reflection of light from somewhere out of view but not from the cars that we see in the video. Maybe cars coming from a different direction that we cannot see from the camera angle. The image follows the same path basically which makes me think it is a car's headlights but the ones in the video could not be affecting the camera from that angle or at least I don't think so because the image doesn't appear every time a car passes.

Ottershrew said:
treesparrow said:
Not sure what to make of this. Whatever the image is, it goes back and forth along the same line of direction during its appearances.

Once the video is loaded fully, you can speed up the action (which is kind of stop-frame) by moving the slider at the bottom of the pane. The movement of the thing then looks ever so much like a spider moving along its line of silk. Even the changing shape of the thing is reminiscent of a spider with its curving front legs. It's out of focus, as you would expect - but what I don't get is why it's glowing the way it is.

Oh I get it ... it's the ghost of a spider. ;)

Good catch. I agree it's likely a spider, illuminated by some light inside the camera or beside it and somehow reflected onto the lens of the camera.

Yes, it does look like a spider. Watching the video again, there is also a second less distinct glow which I suspect may a small prey item (perhaps a fly) trapped in a web. You can see the spider stop momentarily here as though having a quick bite to eat.

Back
Top Bottom