Ghost Hunter's Role

Zadius Sky

The Living Force
I just wanted to ask about the role of Ghost Hunters (or Paranormal Investigators). I'm not sure if this topic has been posted already.

In the U.S., there are numerous groups of paranormal investigators who investigate the paranormal activities (focusing on ghosts). While it's true that they research and investigate the activities, it concerns me that they are doing it from limited point of view (or belief).

I was in the paranormal field for two years, with experiences of investigating several places (houses, businesses, battefields, and battleship NC). I did it from an objective point of view and had myself couple of personal experiences. (Although, it's funny how I didn't react negatively to these experiences, but naturally). What concerned me and what made me leave the field was because groups attack other groups. I perferred to network, but some groups tend to be in the view of "my way (of investigating) is better than yours."

So, I ask: if any of you ever investigate the paranormal (with the group), did you encountered this kind of drama? If so, what did you do?

Makes me think of the "911 truth movement". The C's said, there is no "supernatural" and "paranormal", only natural and normal. As you said many of them do it with pre-assumed notions. And as far as I've seen, it's not really investigation, it's just a "show and tell" for television, not to increase their own and everyone else's objective understanding of these phenomena. In other words, a lot of sensationalist fanfare of "Look! Something moved!!" and very little of anything else, osit.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
Makes me think of the "911 truth movement". The C's said, there is no "supernatural" and "paranormal", only natural and normal. As you said many of them do it with pre-assumed notions. And as far as I've seen, it's not really investigation, it's just a "show and tell" for television, not to increase their own and everyone else's objective understanding of these phenomena. In other words, a lot of sensationalist fanfare of "Look! Something moved!!" and very little of anything else, osit.
True. Also, I have trouble in conforming to groups' view on there phenomena as they occurred.

Back
Top Bottom