getting rid of a sinus infection

shellycheval

The Living Force
Has anyone here had any success in getting rid of a sinus infection without antibiotics? I've had a upper respiratory virus for two weeks that is almost gone except some infection has settled in my sinuses--(yellow greenish you-know-what, pain and pressure, and I'm blocked from breathing through my nose). I keep putting off getting some meds because I think it will be going away but no change for days. I take the recommended supplements and then some, while sick 3-4 thousand C and 2-3 D. I run hot steaming water on my face, drink hot teas, and rinse my nose with salt water 2-3 times a day and still no change. How long can this last? What about mixing some of that Coll. Silver in a solution and rinsing my nose with it? Mouth breathing creates a lot of anxiety for me and I can't really do the breathing meditation. I would love to hear from anyone who has had a successful experience in getting rid of a sinus infection w/o antibiotics. Thank you.
shellycheval

shellycheval said:
Has anyone here had any success in getting rid of a sinus infection without antibiotics? I've had a upper respiratory virus for two weeks that is almost gone except some infection has settled in my sinuses--(yellow greenish you-know-what, pain and pressure, and I'm blocked from breathing through my nose). I keep putting off getting some meds because I think it will be going away but no change for days. I take the recommended supplements and then some, while sick 3-4 thousand C and 2-3 D. I run hot steaming water on my face, drink hot teas, and rinse my nose with salt water 2-3 times a day and still no change. How long can this last? What about mixing some of that Coll. Silver in a solution and rinsing my nose with it? Mouth breathing creates a lot of anxiety for me and I can't really do the breathing meditation. I would love to hear from anyone who has had a successful experience in getting rid of a sinus infection w/o antibiotics. Thank you.
shellycheval

Hi shelly.

While I had to resort to antibiotics (I was headed for pneumonia), you might try vicks vapo rub under your nose to help encourage it to unclog. I've also heard of using three drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in distilled water to fight infection, but it's painful. Hot pepper extract up the nose is said to help too, but its also painful.

Those are the only non antibiotic remedies I know of. :-[

Hi shellycheval,

The Colloidal Silver is a really good idea. I wouldn't bother to dilute it. If you have some kind of a nasal spray top that can fit on your colloidal silver bottle, that would be ideal. If not, pour a small amount into a small glass dish or shallow cup. Dip two fingers in the colloidal, put your fingers in your nostrils and snort it up. Do it many times until you have completely saturated your nasal mucous membranes and it is dripping down the back of your throat. Best not to do it as a rinse as you want the c. silver to remain in contact with the membranes as much as possible.

Another idea would be to use Grapefruit Seed Extract. AKA, GSE. This can be done as a wash with a neti pot. Add drops to the water up to the point where when you taste it, it is soooo bitter you want to almost gagg. Or, if you do not have a neti pot, dilute it with warm water and do the above procedure with the finger snorting. (must be diluted. Is caustic and will burn your membranes at full strength, or even if it is diluted with glycerine.)

Another option for the netti pot is to brew goldenseal tea, let it cool down to warm and run that through. (this also makes a good eye wash for eye infections)

You can also gargle with any and all of these things, and in general taking colloidal silver systemically is a great idea. Make sure you have a good quality, with a guaranteed micron size.

If there is any lingering muck in your lungs, drinking Nettles tea is a very good idea to help clear them out.

If you need to get your nasal passages open so that you can actually DO any of the above ideas, get a little bit of water simmering on the stove, a few drops of Eucalyptus oil or Olbas Oil (it's a mix of oils) to the simmering water; drape a towel over your head and inhale through your nose, or try to anyway. Make sure you are doing this safely... you can turn off the stove and do it in rounds adding more drops as you go. OR ..... take the lid off your eucalyptus oil and just snort and sniff at it, the fumes may be enough to open you up a little.

Hope this helps :)
~Lar

Thank you so much--yes it helps. Since my nose was broken and surgically repaired, I have been prone to sinus infections after the twice a year cold I seem to get, so I have been looking for treatment other than antibiotics.

The silver I have is ABI brand, 500 PPM, in distilled water. The expiration date says 07, but I only used it once for the dog after I bought it and since then it has been in the refrigerator. Does C. silver go bad? Would you use it?

Thanks for all the other suggestions too--my lifestyle is getting much healthier, but there is so much to learn.
shellycheval

Thank you Gimpy,
I used to love to make a hot pepper tea with honey and lemon for when I had colds, but alas, now that I am older, hot peppers, salsa, Tex-Mex food :evil: create very painful spasms and bleeding in my guts--sigh. So, now I listen to my body (most of the time) and stay away. Substituting a half shot of Irish whiskey for the pepper makes a soothing nighttime cold reliever. I forgot about Vicks--I'll give it a try.
shellycheval

Hi shellycheval,

I use garlic infused olive oil to treat sinus infections. Take an ounce of olive oil and leave a sliced clove of garlic in the olive oil over night. Take a dropper full of the strained olive oil infusion, tip your head back and put a dropper full in each nostril. Gently rotate your head to evenly coat the sinus cavities. This will burn for a minute or so, but the pain will soon dissipate. I do this in the morning and at night before bed. I have used this successfully several times and friends and family who aren't resistant to home remedies have had good results. I learned this remedy many years ago from a friend at the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics.

The silver I have is ABI brand, 500 PPM, in distilled water. The expiration date says 07, but I only used it once for the dog after I bought it and since then it has been in the refrigerator. Does C. silver go bad? Would you use it?

Oh geeeze ... I don't know if it goes bad. Depends on how it is actually made? I looked on their websight but there was no info about expiration dates. I do have a preference myself for a bio-active silver hydrosol called Sovereign Silver. I happened to notice that they did a comparison on their websight with ABI 500ppm vs. Sovereign at 10 ppm. (<--- stuff NEVER lets me down!)
_http://www.natural-immunogenics.com/silver_comparative_analysis_detail.php?CompetitionAnalysisID=32

Hope you feel better soon! :flowers:

Hi Shellycheval,

I personally didn't have any sinus infections , but i my father did have . His was really advanced and needed complicated surgery [the infection started draining in the mouth cavity through a hole that has opened up ]
No intention here to scare you/anybody , I assume your's is minor ; - anyways ,this might help [at least to know].

The doctors said there was no other way out but surgery and it had to be done rather quickly [in extreme cases, infection can climb and create brain damage/infection]
Surgery meant leaving a big scar on the face and a very sensitive sinus , witch meant he had to be constantly careful no to create irritations.

Before enrolling into surgery , he decided to go see an acupuncturist [well this one was a very good one ,-many acupuncturists today don't make much difference IMO]
and he was told he would be cured in 2-3 months ..WOw , we didn't believe that !

To cut it short , he was going there 2 times a week [as you mesure time :D] , if my memory serves me well - so that would make about 25 sessions .

Just to tell you , just after 2 weeks , the difference was huge...-still , everybody was a little skeptical about it [since the infection was advanced].
The doctors were telling him he was making a huge mistake and it will be too late in 3 months ....but they were wrong - when they redid the scan, everything was clean with no signs of anything left .

I'm not saying it is fun to get needles everywhere on your body nor am I saying that it will work for everybody the way it did to my father ...all I know is that it worked quite fast , clean with no side effect whatsoever and he never had to worry about sinus ever since. [its funny , it sounds like i'm selling a product here :D]

I've hard fascination stories before but since I didn't know how it worked , I discredited them as being rare happy tellings from mouth to mouth.

Shellycheval ,I believe there are always ways if you are truly looking for them ; I wish you fast recovery ;)

BTW,
I thought I'll add this bit - Funny enough, this acupuncturist doctor who cured so many in his native country and in the states , died of cancer . Funny how one has the drive to save others but not himself .

Hi All
Monday night I had all the full blown symptoms of a nasty sinus infection that I had for about a week. That night before bed I put some Colloidal Silver in a spray bottle and sprayed each nostril 3 times. I repeated the dose in the morning and by Tuesday evening (24 hours) I was nearly symptom free and able to breath out of my nose!!! It does not seem likely that I would have such a dramatic improvement from time alone--in my experience bacterial infections usually end gradually without antibiotic intervention and even then not nearly symptom free in 24 hours. So, thank you all for your support--it gave me the courage to try something new that I think really worked, and I was miserably sick. I have some concerns about the dosage that I will address on the C. Silver thread. Thanks again
shellycheval

That is awesome Shelly! I am so glad you are feeling better.

I come in contact with SOOOOOooooo many sick people every day, and 2 of my Team were horribly sick last week. The colloidal silver has completely kept it at bay.

However, when I started detoxing from coffee and candida and went several days with not enough sleep, a few days in I started to feel 'snotty' and 'lungy'. So I've been sleeping all day, taking the C. silver and drinking nettles tea. Never went full blown and I'm feeling a lot better. Should be full force by tomorrow. ('cept I slept all day, and now I'm awake at 2am! Gahh!)

Remember ....
... keep hand sanitizer with you, wash your hands as often as possible and do NOT touch your face! Especially your eyes, nose and mouth. We touch doorknobs, elevator buttons, money, mail, the piece of fruit that another person picked up before you after coughing into their hand, and any number of other things that spread the misery of SNOT.

Here is to our health!

Back
Top Bottom