GameStop Rebellion: Retail Traders Take on Wall Street Hedge Funds

Have been following the events of this, and hadn't seen the thread before today.
The amount of RedPilling going on is something to behold. r/stockmarket had a warning about the silver misinformation/media manipulation as the second highest post on the entirety of Reddit for a while. Given Reddit is mostly left leaning normies I do wonder what effect such blatant manipulation may have of peoples perceptions?

Anyway, because r/wallstreetbets are basically just sh*t-posters who like to make money, who have far too much money to start with, in that spirit here's a totally 100% accurate (sarcasm) animation of what happened (not suitable for work/crude humor warning):

The Gamestop and silversqueeze stuff is still brewing under the surface for the silver market.

This video details what is happening in terms of what can be seen by an expert taking a look from the outside for anyone interested. Although the title is 'Silver Price is About to Blow Sky High', I'd say that isn't necessarily a given. I've seen tricks and rabbits being pulled out of the hat on a number of occasions when the silver market and manipulation looked to be at an end. The interview is very detail oriented by a person that can be considered an expert in the field.

The Gamestop and silversqueeze stuff is still brewing under the surface for the silver market.

This video details what is happening in terms of what can be seen by an expert taking a look from the outside for anyone interested. Although the title is 'Silver Price is About to Blow Sky High', I'd say that isn't necessarily a given. I've seen tricks and rabbits being pulled out of the hat on a number of occasions when the silver market and manipulation looked to be at an end. The interview is very detail oriented by a person that can be considered an expert in the field.

If the price of silver does "blow sky high" and the big bank's take bankruptingly huge losses on their short positions I'd imagine the "tricks and rabbits being pulled out the hat" would include massive bailouts (again). In turn, I'd imagine in their hubris they'd double down on their silver short positions to keep the price low and the media in their unfaltering honesty blame the plebs for causing market chaos. That at least is my amateurish guess.

What was really interesting to learn from that podcast was how JP Morgan was the only big bank who closed out their short positions, and also has a massive stockpile of actual metal. There could be a titanic battle between the banks themselves as to what to with JP Morgan positioned to reap massive profits should silver go 'sky high' and the other banks positioned to lose (if not go bankrupt) if silver goes 'sky high'. Again, this will be a fun show to watch!

There were big boys who bought Gamestop before the big rise and made a lot of money on that rise. You can be sure if silver does a big rise like Gamestop, there will be big boys would've bought a lot of silver before the big rise, eg JP Morgan.

In the search for the latest inside of what's going on with the silver and the monetary system in general I came across this video and was really surprised what I found there.
In contrary to other similar talks, this one really stands out because IMO both, the host and his guest present themselves surprisingly positively when it comes to their attitudes and mindset.

Their thinking seems to be in line with what we talk about on this forum for years, and although they express their thought differently to us, I can't help but think that what they really talking about is how to tune into STO mode in order to survive incoming turmoils.

I know it's a long video but except for what I already mentioned, there's nothing there that we wouldn't already know so there's no point in adding any additional description of this talk. I would recommend watching it only if you have time and like to see how people from completely different fields come to conclusions that more or less resonate with ours. Hint: the most interesting bits IMO are towards the end.

I think this bears keeping a close eye on... maybe its own thread, if things are not resolved fairly quickly, etc. If it is not resolved quickly, then you can only imagine what might take place...

'The Fed’s system that allows banks to send money back and forth is down'​

The Federal Reserve’s system that allows financial institutions to send money back and forth electronically went down Wednesday morning.

The “operational error,” as the Fed described it, impacted multiple services, including its pivotal automated clearinghouse system, which connects depository and related institutions send electronic credit and debt transfers.

There were no initial indications that foul play was suspected.

Along with the Fed ACH service, other systems impacted included the Check 21, FedCash, Fedwire and the national settlement service.

A statement from the central bank said it became aware of a problem around 11:15 a.m. ET. (...)

I think this bears keeping a close eye on... maybe its own thread, if things are not resolved fairly quickly, etc. If it is not resolved quickly, then you can only imagine what might take place...

'The Fed’s system that allows banks to send money back and forth is down'​

Yeah I just posted the same story in the Biden/Harris thread, but also wasn't totally sure it belongs there. If the story gets legs this will likely require its own thread - Currency Collapse or something.

Something tells me this will have repercussions. There's already a quiet (well, not so quiet really) movement of people transferring savings into crypto and precious metals. The Fed going down like this is not going to reassure anyone that the system is stable. If I had to guess, this is going to lead to a lot more people piling into alternative currencies. Then there's the foreign component: this isn't doing much to reassure governments that Federal Reserve Notes are a reliable store of wealth, or even a reliable means of exchange. It isn't hard to foresee that they'll start looking for alternatives, too, which will only accelerate the process of the dollar being hyperinflated away.

The Gamestop craziness is back. Went from 44 to 309 to 168 in after hours today.

Their current plan is to target $800 a share by tomorrow to trigger a chain reaction using shorts to propel the price to the moon. A crazy plan which would be hilarious if it goes through :lol:

I believe that the AI-Model of GameStop's share price, which predicts $130k a share, is predicting this because it believes that we will hit 800 before 2/26, therefore causing the Mother of All Gamma Squeezes. Which will then trigger the infinity short squeeze which sends us to $100k+.

"You can't seize bitcoin! The CCP was only able to grab the coins which were on exchanges. If you have yours in your paper wallet, what are they going to do?"

Yeah..., except nobody has any actual bitcoins. They have fractions of bitcoins. The whole coin is kept where? On an exchange. Hmm...

But I don't know. Typically when I think I know something about crypto-currencies, it turns out I'm wrong. Perhaps I just have a hard time trusting.

Though, I do find this body language analysis rather compelling:

But I don't know. Typically when I think I know something about crypto-currencies, it turns out I'm wrong. Perhaps I just have a hard time trusting.
I think that Catherine Austin Fitts has a sober understanding of Bitcoin:
Former Assistant Secretary of Housing and investment advisor Catherine Austin Fitts says you have to be careful and fully understand Bitcoin. Fitts explains, “We do know they want to go to an all-digital system with central bank cryptos. The easiest way to build the prison is to get freedom lovers everywhere to build the prison for you. To me, Bitcoin has always been the prototype on the way to building the all-digital crypto system that they would love to put into place. You have $400 trillion in fiat (currency) and it needs a place to go. If you are trying to buy up all the gold, silver and farmland, the last thing you need is competition from retail. They want to shift them into crypto and get them to build the crypto train tracks. In a funny kind of way, it’s brilliant.

There is talk by big banks that Bitcoin could go to $300,000 per unit by the end of the year. Fitts thinks, “This is absolutely possible. This is pure politics. This has nothing to do with economics. How much will the central bankers, who can print as much money as they want, spend to get you into this platform? Your guess is as good as mine. The sky’s the limit as to how much they can spend. Remember, once they decide to bring out the central bank currencies, and they have steadily been regulating the crypto currencies, Bitcoin and everything else, so the day they decide to take this to zero, they can do it. If you are going to invest into cryptos and build our prison for us, what you need to know is this thing could go to $300,000, and it can also go to zero. This is a highly speculative market, and you need to approach it accordingly.”

Yeah..., except nobody has any actual bitcoins. They have fractions of bitcoins. The whole coin is kept where? On an exchange. Hmm...

This is not how decentralized cryptocurrencies work. The bitcoin ownership is "stored" on the bitcoin blockchain, which itself is stored on thousands of mining computers around the world. You can also own a whole bitcoin, not just fractions.

Having said that, cryptocurrencies are certainly not free from manipulation by the cabal. The current price increases are most likely caused by the printing of "Tether dollars" and the most likely reasons are that the cabal wants to divert money flows from gold and silver, as well as hoping to make everyone "excited" about the digital dollars and digital euros which are coming soon.

These CBDC's (central bank digital currencies) have nothing to do with cryptocurrencies though, because digital dollars will be as centrally controlled as the regular dollars. It is really just a scheme to get rid of cash and gain more surveillance and control.

Bloomberg learned of the risks of billions of losses from Credit Suisse

The collapse at the end of March of the two hedge funds that the Swiss bank has worked with could put it at heavy losses. In this regard, the risk director and the head of the investment division may be fired.

The management of the Swiss financial conglomerate Credit Suisse Group AG is considering the possibility of changing the chief risk officer of Lara Warner in connection with a number of management decisions that could lead to multibillion-dollar losses. This is reported by Bloomberg, citing sources who were notified of what was happening.

We are talking about the collapse of Greensill Capital and Archegos Capital. A $ 140 million security loan that Credit Suisse issued to the firm of financier Lex Greensill was declared in default. The Swiss conglomerate, along with Greensill Capital, managed a $ 10 billion group of funds that is now being liquidated.

Archegos Capital's collapse of stock investor Bill Hwan is related to opaque hedge fund transactions that forced him to urgently sell off his assets at the end of March. Archegos' margin call brought down the quotes of several technology giants (ViacomCBS, Discovery, Baidu, Tencent Music) and led to losses at once for several of its brokers - Credit Suisse, Nomura, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley.

What happened to Archegos

The Wall Street Journal reported that on Friday, March 26, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank were getting rid of large stakes.

Investment banks sold shares of media conglomerates ViacomCBS and Discovery, Chinese companies Baidu and Tencent Music and other positions. During the day on Friday, investors bought back securities from Goldman Sachs for $ 10.5 billion, from Morgan Stanley - for $ 8 billion. According to WSJ sources, about $ 30 billion in shares passed from hand to hand on that day.

On Monday, March 29, the stock sale continued. Wells Fargo made most of the sales, according to Bloomberg. The bank sold five blocks of shares - for a total of $ 2.14 billion:

ViacomCBS - 18 million shares at $ 48 per share;
Baidu - 2.8 million depositary receipts at $ 198 per share;
Farfetch, online platform for selling luxury apparel at retail - 5 million shares at $ 47 each;
Vipshop - 12 million depositary receipts at $ 28.5 per share;
Iqiyi, a Chinese video platform - 8.5 million depository receipts at $ 16.5 per share.
Morgan Stanley dumped about 20 million shares of mortgage company Rocket Cos on the market for $ 0.5 billion. Credit Suisse and Nomura also said they were closing significant positions. At the same time, both financial organizations wrote in press releases that they would incur significant losses because of this.

“Bulk deals, that is, the sale of a large number of shares at a price that is sometimes agreed outside the market, is common, but the scale of these deals and their number is not,” Bloomberg noted in this regard. According to the calculations of the publication, the total capitalization of companies whose shares were sold on Friday and Monday fell by $ 35 billion.

“I've never seen anything like it in my 25-year career,” Michel Keusch, portfolio manager at Swiss Bellevue Asset Management AG, told Bloomberg.

Later it became known that the large blocks of shares thrown onto the market belong to the hedge fund Archegos Capital Management. In 2020, this fund opened large positions in a number of companies using leverage, that is, money borrowed from brokers.

After the shares of ViacomCBS and some other companies fell, the fund began to suffer losses. Against this backdrop, brokers demanded that Archegos increase the amount of collateral, but he was unable to meet the brokers' margin requirements. Banks were forced to close fund positions in order to limit their own losses.

Bloomberg interlocutors said that most of the leverage to the fund was provided by banks through swaps and contracts for difference. This made it possible for Archegos not to disclose its positions in regulatory documents, since they were on the balance sheets of banks. “This means that Archegos may never have owned most of the securities,” the newspaper writes.

“This is a black eye for the financial industry because what happened suggests that there may still be no full control over risk when it comes to leveraged trading,” summed up Rick Meckler of Cherry Lane Investments.

Back
Top Bottom