Further response to Anart's post.

bedower

Jedi Master
Hi Anart,

Re this thread here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10023.0

about the asteroid over northern Sudan, and your response to my post:

Just to clarify, it was an asteroid, not a comet. Also, the fact that you state that most of the people milling on the strip would ask, 'what [asteroid]?' indicates that Perceval is correct. Even those 'standing beneath an incoming' had no general awareness. Unless I've misunderstood you, of course, and if so, apologies.

The points you made gave me a few very uncomfortable hours. Why was this?

You may be right, Perceval, although you might have a different perspective if you were standing more or less beneath an 'incoming', as it were. Just an observation.

By reviewing my last post through the lens of your reply, as it were, I came to a very painful conclusion. The remark I addressed to Perceval was written by 'ego' - my ego. This realisation came as a great shock, and with the hindsight that it could be construed as an attack on Perceval. This was most definitely not my intention, and I apologise for this. I realise that I had failed to 'observe' myself sufficiently carefully and that my remark lacked 'external consideration', not to mention subjective critical thinking. More care will be taken with all future posts from me.

So thank you again, Anart, for making me take a good hard (and painful) look at myself (although the pain is akin to lancing an abscess; i.e. it must be done for the health and healing of the organism).

I'm not going to ask how you do it; I just hope you keep on doing it. Thanks again.

Well, you should feel somewhat happy at the same time that you noticed it. It was pretty obvious, which is also good! I was insisting a little in the point I was making that was essentially contradicting yours, because you seem to be identifying with a certain view of the situation that was not really based on the available data. So it wasn't surprising that this provoked you a little.

Anyway, as I said, it's great when we get to see ourselves acting in these ways, yes? Even though it's not exactly pleasant from one perspective.

Perceval said:
Well, you should feel somewhat happy at the same time that you noticed it. It was pretty obvious, which is also good! I was insisting a little in the point I was making that was essentially contradicting yours, because you seem to be identifying with a certain view of the situation that was not really based on the available data. So it wasn't surprising that this provoked you a little.

Anyway, as I said, it's great when we get to see ourselves acting in these ways, yes? Even though it's not exactly pleasant from one perspective.

Exactly!

If it helps, I've never learned anything important about myself without feeling 'very uncomfortable' - and not once have I initially thought the experience was anything other than, well - than really, really bad. ;)

And, not once have I regretted what followed, and it sure as heck isn't over yet.

I agree with Perceval that the fact that you saw it makes it all worthwhile.

Perceval, thanks for your understanding reply.

My 'certain view' of the situation went something like this: incoming asteroid - explosion - what happens to the people underneath?

But I could have been a bit more externally considerate and phrased my question in a more tactful way. I am sorry for that.

Friends?

Anart, I don't know what to write that won't be just a repetition of your insight. But, what I have noticed once the fault is admitted, to oneself if not publically, is that there seems to be a massive flood of relief, for want of a better word, through my system that more than makes up for the bad, bad discomfort.

If there was a smiley holding a bouquet of flowers, you would see it here :)

bedower said:
If there was a smiley holding a bouquet of flowers, you would see it here :)

Actually, there is :)
Click on "more" beside the smileys bar

:flowers:

Okaaay, it's just 1 flower but it's the intention that counts ;)

Actually, there is
Click on "more" beside the smileys bar

Okaaay, it's just 1 flower but it's the intention that counts

Thanks for the pointer, Prayers. So that's what it is - I could never quite make it out.

Besides, considering the times Anart has helped me to open my eyes to myself, one flower seems a bit mean in return, from my very subjective point of view.

No, only a bouquet will do, osit. ;)

bedower said:
bouquet7.jpg

bedower said:
Besides, considering the times Anart has helped me to open my eyes to myself, one flower seems a bit mean in return, from my very subjective point of view.

:)
I'm sure though that the biggest present for Anart is for people to awaken and see themselves ;)

Redfox, that's a super bouquet, kind of like I had in mind. Thanks for posting it. :D

I have worked out how to post pictures (I think!); it's the shrinking them to fit that's the next computer-oriented lesson on the list.

Prayers, you are probably right, but a small gesture of thanks and appreciation never comes amiss, osit, even if it is in pixels. Thanks for your reassurance, though. It's much appreciated. :)

Prayers for rain said:
I'm sure though that the biggest present for Anart is for people to awaken and see themselves ;)

And she knows when somebody wakes up because with her bat-like hearing she can pick up those muted screams when people see the horror of their situation ;-)

domi said:
And she knows when somebody wakes up because with her bat-like hearing she can pick up those muted screams when people see the horror of their situation ;-)

:lol: Must you make fun of my unusually large, slightly furry, ears?

Back
Top Bottom