Fundamentalist antichrist...

Novelis

Jedi Master
Just while finishing the last post I wrote, I got onto the subject of whether the religion organized by "reverend Moon" could be propagating demons to latch themselves onto ignorant seekers of "truth", when a whole bigger subject came to mind, one perhaps of political significance.
I've read a bit in the wave about how Moon can literally hypnotise entire crowds into a blissful trance state, but I'm wondering, Laura, how much do you know about this religion?
My parents are victims of this entropic system, it's literally impossible to have a logical conversation with them without some serious cognitive dissonance occurring. I was brought up in this system, perhaps some people would like to know some information I discovered...
Other than having set guidelines for how to pray and who to pray to, they prize a specific ritual called the "Hoon Dok Wei", which is a service performed on Sunday mornings at 5:00 (or sometimes earlier), they repeat 8 rules, or as my father put it, "Ideals", along with some praying and bowing ECT.
The funny thing is, having done this all my childhood life, I discovered recently that these were no more than affirmations about how to behave, perhaps doing it in the morning leaves your mind more susceptible to it because one gets a "treat" after the service then goes to bed. Fair enough I think if the messages are good in nature and allows the person to deal with life in a more open minded and compassionate way, but I'll let you be the judge of that...

http://www.unification.org/

Funnily enough, I tried to look for what is said during the service, but I can't find it anymore...

Anyway, I know this is just another religion proposing fundamentalist views, but I've done some research and found some rather interesting facts:

He is REALLY friendly with the Bush family, apparently Bush senior said he was inspirational to him, not only that, but Bush senior failed his "mission" in the Middle East so the torch has been passed onto junior.
They arrange mass marriages in stadiums, just what is the significance of that?
They really promote unity of all religions; Moon has some connections in high places I think, including the pope and other religious leaders.
Their beliefs are incredibly narrowed minded; they especially hate gays and dislike disobedience to the "messiah" (Moon).
These are just a few points, if anyone is interested to know more, I'd be happy to help.
If anyone has more information I’d appreciate some feedback.

You have stated "dislike disobedience to the messiah (Moon). I do not know much about this organization but it seems that it is another game of manipulating people. They also invite political leaders from all over the world. When a Turkish social democratic party leader accepted their invitation and went to the US there was a lot of uproar in the media here. The organization was called a "cult"" here. Also the name Moon brings to my mind food for the moon.

There is an arabic word takiye. It means you should not show what you really are - hiding your agenda - until you reach your goal. On the outside they may seem really nice, seemingly having high ideals etc. but what they really want to do may not be known to a lot of its followers. There were a couple of organizations like this in Turkiye also. One of them had built schools, provided poor children to go school, paying for their bills and even built schools in former soviet union states. Students were indoctrinated using religion . But his dirty trick was published and he had to flee to (guess where) the USA. One former party leader was unfortunate to say that "Turkiye will be ruled by sharia (religous law) one day . Whether this transition will be peaceful or bloody time will show." And he was put on trial and was sentenced to prison.

I remember decades ago when the Moonies were made fun of in the mainstream media as a dangerous cult. Now it seems they have become practically mainstream...in fact their assets are beyond belief...

I know, I’ve heard all sorts about the wealth this man has, don’t know if it’s true or not, but it was funny when speaking to my dad about it when he basically said “If you hear negative things about him, it isn’t true, if it’s positive, it’s true” which is a perfect example of someone making excuses not to find out for themselves, their faith is so strong that they will take it as absolute fact that Moon cannot possibly have an agenda that isn’t for the full benefit of mankind! When talking to someone else who is a Jehovah’s witness, I asked him what he thinks is the most important thing in life, his response was of course faith, I said “Ok, well what if you have absolute faith in a certain belief, and someone with more knowledge than you leads you down a blind alley, if you have absolute faith, then you can never get yourself out of there! If you only have faith but have no knowledge, your faith could be used as a weapon against you for manipulation!”
I was having another "conversation" with my dad, we were talking about how wrong the world is and how it's all doomed, on that level we can relate, and I’m happy for that, but I started talking about how many connections and assets Moon holds in his grasp, although I was saying this to point out something potentially sinister about all this, his was very pleased to hear it! He thinks that the more money and power Moon has, then the closer we are getting to "God's kingdom on Earth"! Because Moon is the messiah, then he is fulfilling his own prophesy by rising to the top, and his followers would love to see him get there.
Just goes to show the mindset of these people, and how good the lizzies are at what they do, they truly believe that God is on Bush's side, when I asked him about the genocide that's going on and how God can’t surely condone such misery and pain, he said God is always on the side of RELETIVE good! How crazy is that? So Stalin’s and Hitler’s genocide is wrong, while Bush’s is ok?
This isn’t simply an opportunity for me to complain about my father because of resentment or anything by the way, I have respect for his urge to find SOME truth as opposed to no truth, it’s just a shame he has stopped searching because he thinks he has found the whole truth. Besides, I find the mechanics of the control system very interesting!

As described in the editorial by Henry See on the Sign's page, some people do not have it within them to think in the abstract about values, let along see any application to their thoughts. In the fact of complex crises in this world they NEED simple solutions, and a social group that agrees with those simple solutions. On the one side there is the "Ten Commandments Guarantee" and on the other Chaos.

Whether you have it within you to generate your values from within or not, sometimes doing so in the face of "easy solutions" is just too hard. Cognitive dissonance in this case is very similar to addictive withdrawal. From your parents standpoint, they have it made. They can place trust in the "reverend", sigh a sigh of releif and deal with the immediacies of life without worrying about the complexities or the ax hanging over everyone's head.

Even if the ax happens to fall, if they deny hard enough they won't feel it till the last second and perhaps pain will be brief. From what I gather you do not live in a commune so your family although supportive of the good reverend is not directly involved in cult activities. It seems like faith at a distance, and a good deal at that. A normal life, peace of mind, a few dues payed and a few "fixes" given in return.

The one getting the short end of the stick here is probably yourself, who cannot find it within yourself to follow their patterns. It may be possible to communicate very well with your parents, as you hinted, as long as you steer around the "Moon" issue. At some point you may even be able to undermine its foundations by communicating around it so that they will find contradictions they never expected to find without you being the cause. IMO, however, it seems important to them to stay in denial, and important to you to stay in awareness.

It's amazing how far this goes...I mean Moon is practically an abstraction for your parents from what you write, but if he built a temple to himself and demanded human sacrifice, would they do it? How far does the "Moon can do no wrong" idea go? If it goes to the point of willing to sacrifice your humanity then this is a phenomenon of acute possession. If it is a delusion to stay comfortable in the face of world chaos it is most likely an attribute of human nature many share simply because the pain of sustaining inner-generated values and meaning is too much. Psychopathy manipulates both through possession and lesser manipulation.

In the latter case, however, there are limits to how much faith will allow. Also when you have given over your conscience to be defined by another, (or simply shifted "masters" from "god" and society to another "messiah" more convincing) it is hard for it to grow back on its own (and it may be it cannot grow on its own for Organic Portals).

I found a link to the pledge service done on Sundays, I wonder though, if it's meant to affirm certain guidance’s on life to the subconscious mind, why is it so long winded? I mean, the subconscious mind only picks up certain words, it isn't wise to use long sentences for affirmations, so what words do you think will stick in the subconscious? Have a look...

http://www.unification.net/tradition/tt1-04.html

Other than that, I think it's safe to say that although my parents want to stay in their state, they are certainly not in peace, but despair, they can see what is going on, and the way they perceive it according to their principles makes them restless and quite miserable. They don't believe that they'll ascend to heaven either, instead, they put down their own value of being human (Compared to Moon of course!) and think when they die they'll end up in very low spiritual planes, and there is nothing they can do about it! Talk about dismal, maybe that's why I found it so hard to accept, that you only get one chance to live and better yourself, but at the end of the day, you'll never reach high levels of spirituality and consciousness.
Come to think of it, yes they do believe that they can vastly improve their spirituality, but Moon doesn't seem to mention anything about various methods at all. Surely it would be in our best interest, thus in Moon's best interest to tell us where to find good sources to improve our own lives, but I've found all this stuff out myself!

Woah creepy pledge. I picture lil nazi's saying something similiar in respect in hitler...

Back
Top Bottom