Fulvic Acid

theos

The Living Force
I've been doing a bit of research on fulvic acid (sometimes referred to as humic acid). Here's some info:

From http://www.merc-buyers.com/fulvic_acid.htm

Fulvic Acid
Fulvic acid has been discovered to be one of the most important natural miracles related to life itself.
Fulvic acid is part of the humic structure in rich composting soil It is an acid created in extremely
small amounts by the action of millions of beneficial microbes, working on decaying plant matter in a
soil environment with adequate oxygen. It is of low molecular weight and is biologically very
active. Because of its low melecular weight, it has the necessity and ability to readily bond minerals
and elements into its molcular structure causing them to dissolve and become mobilized fulvic
complexes. Fulvic acid from humic deposits usually carries 60 or more minerals and trace elements
dissolved into its molecular complexes. These are then in ideal natural form to be absorbed and
interact with living cells. Plants roots and cells readily absorb high amounts of fulvic acid, and
maintain it in their structure. In fact it has been discovered that these fulvic acid complexes are
absolutely essential for plants to be healthy.
One of Nature’s Most Powerful Organic Electrolytes1
Fulvic acid is an organic natural electrolyte that can balance and energize biological properties it
comes into contact with. An electrolyte is a substance that is soluble in water or other appropriate
medium that is capable of conducting electrical current.
The power of an electrolyte has been shown in repeated tests on animal cells (giant amoebae), to be
able to restore life in what researchers termed “a beautiful demonstration” and “astonishing.” When
the electrolyte potential was taken away during the test, the cell ruptured and disintegrated into the
surrounding fluid causing death. Upon reintroducing electrical potential the cell reconstructed and
became active and healthy!
Enhances Nutrients
Fulvic acid enhances the availability of nutrients and makes them more readily absorbable. It also
allows minerals to regenerate and prolongs the residence time of essential nutrients. It prepares
nutrients to react with cells. It allows nutrients to inter-react with one another, breaking them down
into the simplest ionic forms chelated by the fulvic acid electrolyte.
Reported claims of benefits are little short of astonishing. For internal use they are:
Increased energy
Alleviates anemia
Chelates body toxins
Reduces high blood pressure
Potentizes vitamin & mineral supplements
Magnifies the effect of herbal teas and tinctures
Chelates all monovalent and divalent metals
Is a powerful natural electrolyte
Restores electrochemical balance
Stimulates body enzyme systems
Helps rebuild the immune system
Reported claims of external beneficial use:
Treating open wounds
Healing burns with minimum pain or scarring
Eliminating discoloration due to skin bruises
Killing pathogens responsible for athletes foot
Acting as a wide spectrum anti-microbial and fungicide
Treating rashes and skin irritations
Helping to heal cuts and abrasions
Helping heal insect bites and spider bites
Neutralizing poison ivy and poison oak.
Reported Claims of Effective Treatment of Symptoms:
Anemia
Angina
Arteriosclerosis
Arthritis
Burns
Blood Clots
Bursitis
Cancers
Chemical Burns
Chronic Fatigue
Chronic Indigestion
Chronic Psoriasis
Circulation Problems
Common Colds
Colitis
Croup
Cystitis
Dermatitis
Diabetes
Diarrhea
Diverticulitis
Eczema
Edema
Fractures
Gall Stones
Gastritis
Gout
Heartburn
Hemorrhoids
High Blood Pressure
H.I.V. Virus
Hypoglycemia
High Blood Sugar
Migraine Headaches
Multiple Sclerosis
Muscle Cramps
Nervous Disorders
Nervous Stomach
Open Sores
Parasite Infection
Shingles
Sunburn
Stroke
Toxic Buildup
Ulcers
Varicose Veins
Yeast Infections

and from: http://livesuperfoods.com/images/humic_fulvic.pdf

Humic extracts (Fulvic acids) are natures most powerful antioxidants. Pharmacological
studies throughout the world have shown that various mechanisms within the humic
molecular structure make it both a donor and acceptor free radical scavenger and
antioxidant. Also noted are powerful superoxide dismutases (SODs) and
metalloenymes of every conceivable kind.

While all humic extracts do not always destroy cancer cells, they generally halt their
growth and spread. Sometimes tumors disappear almost immediately and
spontaneously. Humic extracts are certainly cancer preventative, and it is certain that
the higher the quality of humic extract, the better the ability to reverse and completely
cure cancers.

It has been found that naturally-occurring humic acid preparations can stimulate the
production of cytokines, including interferon-gamma, interferon-alpha, interferon-beta,
and tumor necrosis factor-alpha. What this means is that a valid mechanism has been
discovered, proven, and documented, whereby humic extracts are able to work with the
body to selectively seek out and destroy cancer cells.

As fulvic acid has been shown to be one of nature's most powerful antioxidants and heavy metal chelators, I've incorporated it into my daily detox and supplementation regimen. It's in my liquid multi vitamin/mineral (helps increase absorption) and I also have some plain fulvic acid. Seems like it will come in handy during the "swine flu" pandemic.

I just found out that I have a varicose vein and that it will require surgery. I'm thinking maybe I should give this fulvic acid a shot for a while and see how it turns out. I'll need to do some more research but thanks for the info, Odyssey.

Hesper, have you seen this bit from Psyche's article on DMSO" http://www.health-matrix.net/2011/03/15/dmso-the-real-miracle-solution/

Varicose veins and thrombophlebitis

Topical DMSO can whiten telangiectasias, small dilated blood vessels near the surface of the skin. It can also decrease the size of varicosities in the legs and the inflammation that goes with it, along with a relief of their cramping discomfort (Marvin, 1967. Blumenthal, Fuchs, 1967).

You may want to look up MSM and VitC for varicose veins too.

Odyssey said:
Hesper, have you seen this bit from Psyche's article on DMSO"

I must have missed that when I read the article the first time. Just so happens I have DMSO on hand here, but it's not mixed (it's at 99 percent) so I'll have to mix it and see what happens. Also, I've found more research connecting DMSO, Vitamin C and something called horse chestnut to a decrease in varicose veins.

_http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?id=187

HORSE CHESTNUT AND DEEP VEIN PROTECTION
At the University of Heidelberg, Germany, researchers conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel, double-blind study on 40 patients suffering from venous edema in chronic deep-vein incompetence.17 Compared with placebo, horse chestnut significantly reduced edema, as determined by measurements of leg volume and leg circumference under aggravated conditions. With measurements of leg volume before and after provoking edema, the clinical benefits of horse chestnut appeared to be present in all everyday situations, whether in movement or in sitting or standing.

In a study that focused on horse chestnut's active ingredient, 50 mg of escin was found to be effective in the treatment of venous insufficiency. Given that higher-quality horse chestnut extract is standardized to 20% escin,18 the effective amount of the extract is 250 mg, usually taken twice per day. While horse chestnut's mechanisms of action are not clearly understood, its ability to lessen the effect of certain destructive enzymes, such as lysosomal proteoglycan, may be of value. These enzymes are typically increasingly active in patients with chronic venous insufficiency.

Thanks for the help, Odyssey, because I'm really hoping this line of research saves me the trouble of getting surgery!

edit: add information

Hey, Hesper. Wishing you best of luck with your research and supplement purchase and experimentation for your varicose vein. Hopefully you'll be able to avoid surgery with good results from fulvic acid, DMSO, and/or Horse Chestnut. And thanks, Odyssey, for this thread.

Odyssey, do you still take Fulvic Acid supplements? What's your experience with it -- benefits or detriments if any? The reason I ask is because I just checked Swanson Vitamins (one of two places I order supplements that delivers here) and they have three different supplements with Fulvic Acid, one that's part of a heavy metal chelation blend developed by a Hungarian Doctor, "Dr. Laszlo Meszaros' Metal Shield," [includes Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100 mg; Chlorella (Chlorella pyrenoidosa) (broken cell) (whole algae) 100 mg; Cilantro Leaf (Coriandrum sativum) 100 mg; Spanish Black Radish Root (Raphanus sativus niger) 100 mg; features trademarked Humifulvate® (mixture of humic, fulvic and phenolic-type acids in a humate/ polyphenolic complex) 75 mg; L-Cysteine 75 mg]. The two others are Ayurvedic herbal formulas: Swanson Superior Herbs Shilajit Extract [A foundational substance in the Ayurvedic tradition, Shilajit (shee-la-jeet) is a concentrated source of trace minerals and fulvic acid derived from mineral pitch. Shilajit is used as a systemic rejuvenator and adaptogen, often in combination with other Ayurvedic formulas. Swanson Superior Herbs Shilajit Extract features a classic preparation purified with the historic Ayurvedic herbal combination Triphala, which includes the herbs Amla, Harada and Baharda in equal proportions. Standardized to 5% fulvic acid. *Shilajit Extract (Asphaltum) (mineral pitch) (standardized to 5% fulvic acid) 400 mg; and Source Naturals Wellness ImmuNow [A dietary supplement that is designed to support your immune system when you need it most. It is composed of humic acid, an organic substance derived from natural compounds found in humus soil. The biomolecules are purified using a proprietary process. Humic acid is biochemically active and has been shown to support immune function and overall health. Humic acid has been used for thousands of years as part of Ayurvedic tradition in India, where it is known as Shilajit. Calcium 166 mg; Humic Acid 500 mg].

It seems like a good all around supplement with so many health benefits and uses from the original post (and has some scientific studies and even identified mechanisms for the benefits). The reason I'm asking about it is for my mother, whose had some varicose veins in the past and also more recently, as well as having high blood pressure, occasional fatigue, and very recent hemorrhoids for the first time in her life because of periodic constipation and excess straining (and some others over the years on that long list claimed to be benefited by Fulvic Acid).

I'm also a bit concerned about the post by LQB in the Life Without Bread thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22916.msg302248.html#msg302248 to which I replied because we've been eating a lot of pork burgers and pork chops and she's taken blood thinning drugs in the past (but stopped more than 5 years ago) because of her irregular heartbeat/arrhythmias/fibrilation which started about 11 years ago as a precaution for the danger of blood coagulation and blood clotting.

So starting today I'm marinating all fresh pork with fresh squeezed lemon juice as an acid medium instead of vinegar because of uncertainty about detrimental effects of vinegar and it's pretty much always in plastic containers here instead of glass. I don't know how concerned I should be about the blood changes in that study from un-marinated cooking of fresh pork, but it did get my attention enough to take the precaution of marinating in lemon juice. Because my mother is feeling up and down all the time, she'll have her blood pressure going up really high, bad irregular and fast heart beat, fatigue and dizzyness, etc. and then it'll go away. Also, she's very sensitive to environmental disturbances e.g. seismic activity, magnetic phenomena, pressure and weather changes, etc. have major effects on her.

She's had a sonogram done recently and there were many improvements from a year to year and a half earlier with liver enlargement and some benign cysts, etc. that had shrunk. The doctors asked what she'd done and the only thing is that she went gluten and casein free and then the low carb and high fat paleo diet (although she did the lowering of carbs and increasing of good fats kind of haphazardly despite my warnings to go slow and have a steady, consistent approach). She's supposed to get an appointment for an eccogram and cardiogram soon to check the condition of her heart.

She takes daily average 3000 mg Vit C, 4000 mg fish oil with natural mixed tocopherols (Vitamin E), NAC, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Milk Thistle, high quality multivitamin-multimineral.

I also found a bunch of Horse Chestnut supplements at Swanson's website which seems to be a strong vascular tonic and good for vascular insufficiency and general vascular health. I haven't been able to get DMSO anywhere that will ship to me so far.

If anyone else has any feedback and/or experiences, I would highly appreciate it.

The fulvic acid that I took was an ingredient in the liquid vitamins I was taking at the time. I never actually took any fulvic acid on its own. I was gluten and casein free at the time but still high carb. I didn't really notice much change with the vitamins besides soft stools. I haven't taken anything with fulvic acid in it since that time period.

Seekintruth, have you tried iherb for DMSO? They ship internationally.

I hope your mum's diet changes continue to help her feel better.

OK, thanks for your help, Odyssey. I'm pretty sure I checked iHerb to see if they ship here, but I'll check again to make sure.

The thing that has helped my legs/veins the most has been the FAR sauna. I also put dmso cream on them regularly. Ark has a vein that he was told "needed surgery" about 20 years ago. He's never had it, vein gives him no real problems. He does wear elastic socks and I've been putting the DMSO on them frequently.

Thank you for the advice, Laura. A friend of mine has a FAR sauna so I'll have to try it out.

Hello,
I found this article by following a reader comment on sott.net. Very interesting (and timely) information!
Coronavirus and fulvic acid

Corona Virus and the Immense Power of Fulvic Acid​

Executive Summary: We are going to present evidence from scientific studies, that there is a relationship between virus activity within our bodies and Fulvic Acid, when present. The fulvic acid coats and blocks the replication of a virus. The immune system then becomes much more effective in destroying the virus.
The facts will demonstrate the immense anti-viral power of Fulvic Acid.
[...]
P.S. I crossposted on the coronavirus thread.

This is quite an old thread but I was curious about fulvic acid. Based on this thread and others in the forum and my own research, it seems to be very beneficial. However, I saw some articles mentionning that it could increase blood clotting and interfere with blood thinner. Can anyone confirm? I just wonder how safe it is to ingest. I currently have a supplement which contain a small percentage of fulvic acid.

Back
Top Bottom