Freud comments on immoral oligarchs and humanity's inability to learn from past mistakes.

I 'm a bit surprised you posted that because I know, that you know it's more complex than that and that Freud is a part of the control programme.

If knowledge would not be suppressed I don't think people would made the same old mistakes. I read this as a sarcastic sentence from Freud, something like: "History is just fresh meat making dinner of the rich and having no choice".

I 'm a bit surprised you posted that because I know, that you know it's more complex than that and that Freud is a part of the control programme.

If knowledge would not be suppressed I don't think people would made the same old mistakes. I read this as a sarcastic sentence from Freud, something like: "History is just fresh meat making dinner of the rich and having no choice".
You're right, the truth is certainly complex. So much so that it's hard to imagine a single quote capable of capturing it. For me, if a quote concisely expresses--preferably with a little punch--just one aspect of the truth, I value it. My interpretation of these two quotes would be: bankers and oligarchs are psychopaths; and SSDD. :-)

Still, it is interesting. And with knowledge, we can weed, right?
Absolutely! Of all I learned in grad school 40 years ago--much now revised or forgotten, two keys of wisdom I've held onto were the two mottos of that school: "All truth is God's truth" and "God can draw a straight line with a crooked stick". As I type this, others in a similar vein come to mind: "Perfect is the enemy of good." (Voltaire) and "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" :-)

What is true for sure is that the PTB base a part of its control on young persons. I mean there's always new preys ready to buy what the PTB sell, having no idea of the man behind the scene.

It's hard for the preys to do differently because parents are not aware too or, if they are with the experience, they are not able to stop what is sold to their children.

fwiw

Absolutely! Of all I learned in grad school 40 years ago--much now revised or forgotten, two keys of wisdom I've held onto were the two mottos of that school: "All truth is God's truth" and "God can draw a straight line with a crooked stick". As I type this, others in a similar vein come to mind: "Perfect is the enemy of good." (Voltaire) and "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" :-)

Sort of an ironic comment (the Freud quote about people obsessing over what they lack) when you think about some of the things Feud was obsessed by.
Quotes, quotes, quotes...
There is a French historian, Marion Sigaut, which, among other things, read correspondences of Voltaire. She basically says that he was practicing the contrary to what the quotes says. Kind of "Do as I say not as I do."

Quotes, quotes, quotes...
There is a French historian, Marion Sigaut, which, among other things, read correspondences of Voltaire. She basically says that he was practicing the contrary to what the quotes says. Kind of "Do as I say not as I do."
Voltaire said, "Perfect is the enemy of good" meaning a rigid quest for what's perfect can blind someone to valuing--or even recognizing--imperfect things that are still really good. So by "practicing the contrary," Voltaire tended to seek perfect answers/solutions/ideas to the point of rejecting good answers/solutions/ideas?

Voltaire said, "Perfect is the enemy of good" meaning a rigid quest for what's perfect can blind someone to valuing--or even recognizing--imperfect things that are still really good. So by "practicing the contrary," Voltaire tended to seek perfect answers/solutions/ideas to the point of rejecting good answers/solutions/ideas?
Possibly, basically.
Quite certainly his most famous quote "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." seems to be contrary to what he was doing, that is, going after people with different ideas to the point of making their lives miserable.

If my memory serves Marion Sigaut also talks about quotes taken from Voltaire's redacted version of his books (more available than the non-redacted ones) where the said original quotes have a very different meaning.

Possibly, basically.
Quite certainly his most famous quote "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." seems to be contrary to what he was doing, that is, going after people with different ideas to the point of making their lives miserable.

If my memory serves Marion Sigaut also talks about quotes taken from Voltaire's redacted version of his books (more available than the non-redacted ones) where the said original quotes have a very different meaning.
Good to know, but I'm curious. Do you know why his books were "redacted", and by whom?

Back
Top Bottom