Fred Hoyle conspiracy theory

From Jim Marrs ""Alien Agenda", p. 531 in 1997 paperback edition:

In a 1971 news conference Hoyle stated, "Human beings are simply pawns in the games of alien minds that control our every move. They are everywhere, in the sky, on the sea, and on the Earth .... It is not an alien intelligence from another planet. It is actually from another universe which entered ours at the very beginning and has been controlling all that happened since." Hoyle added that many of his scientific peers believed in the existence of such nonhuman entities, but declined to say so publicly.

Still an enigma.

Aragorn said:
That quote is also used in Jim Marrs book 'Alien Agenda'. However, I couldn't preview that page in the preview on Amazon (page 355), so I don't know if it has any footnotes or references.

Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us
by Jim Marrs
Link: http://a.co/1U2av50

ark said:

In a 1971 news conference Hoyle stated, "Human beings are simply pawns in the games of alien minds that control our every move. They are everywhere, in the sky, on the sea, and on the Earth .... It is not an alien intelligence from another planet. It is actually from another universe which entered ours at the very beginning and has been controlling all that happened since." Hoyle added that many of his scientific peers believed in the existence of such nonhuman entities, but declined to say so publicly.

Still an enigma.

I just checked my paperback copy of Alien Agenda (the same one Ark just referenced) and Marrs provides the same exact citation as Endaira provides below from Colin Wilson's book. That is:
Dr. Fred Hoyle: Otto O. Binder, "UFOs 'Own' Earth and All Mankind!" Saga, December 1971, pg. 36

Endaira said:
I found a reference about this in Colin Wilson's Mysteries: An Investigation into the Occult, the Paranormal and the Supernatural (2006).

But what is the purpose of UFOs? The theories extend from Professor Fred Hoyle's belief that they have been around 'since the beginning of time' and that alien intelligences have 'probably controlled our complete evolution' [2] to the altogether more alarmist view (expressed in books with titles like The Flying Saucer Menace) that UFOs are the advance guard of an armada of alien space crafts that will take over the earth.

The footnote for that quote:

2. At a press conference on May 10, 1971, reported in the National Bulletin. It is discussed in an article by Otto Binder, 'UFOs Own Earth', in Saga magazine for December 1971.

That back issue of Saga magazine is for sale on several websites.

Looks like someone needs to get a copy of that issue of Saga and see it it has a citation, or if it's the source of the quote? Is it possible to locate issues of the National Bulletin from the 70's, maybe in a library archive?

PhoenixToEmber said:
Aragorn said:
That quote is also used in Jim Marrs book 'Alien Agenda'. However, I couldn't preview that page in the preview on Amazon (page 355), so I don't know if it has any footnotes or references.

Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us
by Jim Marrs
Link: http://a.co/1U2av50

ark said:

Still an enigma.

I just checked my paperback copy of Alien Agenda (the same one Ark just referenced) and Marrs provides the same exact citation as Endaira provides below from Colin Wilson's book. That is:
Dr. Fred Hoyle: Otto O. Binder, "UFOs 'Own' Earth and All Mankind!" Saga, December 1971, pg. 36

Endaira said:
I found a reference about this in Colin Wilson's Mysteries: An Investigation into the Occult, the Paranormal and the Supernatural (2006).

But what is the purpose of UFOs? The theories extend from Professor Fred Hoyle's belief that they have been around 'since the beginning of time' and that alien intelligences have 'probably controlled our complete evolution' [2] to the altogether more alarmist view (expressed in books with titles like The Flying Saucer Menace) that UFOs are the advance guard of an armada of alien space crafts that will take over the earth.

The footnote for that quote:

2. At a press conference on May 10, 1971, reported in the National Bulletin. It is discussed in an article by Otto Binder, 'UFOs Own Earth', in Saga magazine for December 1971.

That back issue of Saga magazine is for sale on several websites.

Looks like someone needs to get a copy of that issue of Saga and see it it has a citation, or if it's the source of the quote? Is it possible to locate issues of the National Bulletin from the 70's, maybe in a library archive?

Looks like it is available.

Old Magazines.com
oldmags.cgi

http://oldmags.com/issue/Saga-December-1971
Code: SAGA197112
Price: $16.95
Available: 1
Dimensions:
Publication Date: December 1971
View more items in Saga 1971
View more items from Saga Magazine
Genres: 1971, December 1971,

Related:

https://vimeo.com/37468436

Edit: Added Quote.

It's gone so I hope one of us got it.

c.a. said:
Looks like it is available.

Old Magazines.com
oldmags.cgi

http://oldmags.com/issue/Saga-December-1971
Code: SAGA197112
Price: $16.95
Available: 1
Dimensions:
Publication Date: December 1971
View more items in Saga 1971
View more items from Saga Magazine
Genres: 1971, December 1971,

Laura said:
hlat said:
It's gone so I hope one of us got it.

Yup, we did!!!
Awesome. The lady i talked with was very nice. Synchronicity? Husbands name was mine. Her name is my nieces name.

The warehouse is very large she explained.

Sort had this metal image below.
da2cb7be6dd1f12ab94eec047abdec7b.png

And the Saga article cites the National Bulletin so it seems we really ought to try to track that down.

Laura said:
And the Saga article cites the National Bulletin so it seems we really ought to try to track that down.

Did a little searching without any luck, but I did find this, published in Vol. 4, No. 3 of Ivan Sanderson's Pursuit newsletter (July 1971, so before Binder's article, and a couple months after the Nat. Bul. article). Here's the relevant section, from p. 59:

Irresponsible Journalism

An article entitled "Gov't Hides Facts To Head Off Panic" in the National Bulletin of the 10th May 1971, which "quotes" noted British astrophysicist Fred Hoyle on "alien minds that control our every move" is, according to Professor Hoyle, a "complete fabrication". He notes in a letter to us that he did give a press conference when he was in Canada last year, and that "possibly the National Bulletin reported all these facts incorrectly. As for the press conference in London - this is complete rubbish!"

PDF of the issue attached.

Attachments

• 326677762-PURSUIT-Newsletter-No-15-July-1971-Ivan-T-Sanderson.pdf
    758.1 KB · Views: 23
Possible clue here: _http://www.debunker.com/texts/apollo11.html

The headline on the cover of National Bulletin magazine (distributed in Canada but printed in New York City) for September 29,1969

Another reference here: _http://strangeworldmysteries.blogspot.fr/

An additional twist to the murder story occurred when the tabloid, the National Bulletin, ran a story in which a woman

And I think that we have found it: _http://www.pulpinternational.com/pulp/keyword/National+Bulletin.html

Looks to me like absolute, unadulterated sleaze journalism.

Making up preposterous stories was all in a day’s work for the editors of National Bulletin.

Yep, as Endaria said earlier in the thread: "National Bulletin was a tabloid paper in the style of The National Enquirer but with more sex and nudity." Fake News has been around a long time. But like Keel and others have said, sometimes the tabloids actually published the truth. (Not to mention the CIA involvement angle...) In this case, it's looking like the piece in question is probably total fiction, but based on theories running around at the time that might actually be true. Kind of like if the Enquirer were to run a piece today saying, "Space aliens contact rocket scientist, tell him Mossad did 9/11!"

A quick look at Hoyle's biography (a book called "Fred Hoyle's Universe" by Jane Gregory) shows that Hoyle had big problems with the academic establishment around that time. It is possible that these kind of articles were a part of a character assassination dynamic towards him, still ongoing today.

It is interesting to note that Hoyle wrote lots of science-fiction novels, and that's maybe where his take on different subjects can be read between the lines. For example:

Amid the politics of IOTA’s demise, Hoyle had found the time to contribute
to another novel, co-written once again with his son Geoffrey. In The Inferno....

Cameron travels to the site of the proposed telescope on Mount Bogung at Wombat Springs, and while he is there something strange appears in the sky. It is a supernova, and it is headed for Earth. When Cameron realizes the dreadful implications of this, and he goes back to his native Scotland – a latitude likely to escape the worst of the supernova’s effects – and develops a survival strategy. Under Cameron’s leadership, the local people establish some sort of order through periods of intense heat, freezing cold, and then gradual recovery. Cameron finds that a radio-telescope in Scotland has been left running throughout
the Inferno, and on the computer tapes he discovers some coherent signals.

As the story ends, Cameron walks out of a church service in a ruined cathedral; and unlike the rest of the congregation, he knows that the Inferno was not the wrath of God: Cameron had never found a rational explanation for the termination of the great heat or for the descent of total darkness. Now he knew the explanation to be rational but not natural. He knew an intelligence, a creature, had intervened at their direst moment. . .

This creature was of a different order from man, and in the universe there was ‘order on order in infinite progression.’

mkrnhr said:
A quick look at Hoyle's biography (a book called "Fred Hoyle's Universe" by Jane Gregory) shows that Hoyle had big problems with the academic establishment around that time. It is possible that these kind of articles were a part of a character assassination dynamic towards him, still ongoing today.

It is interesting to note that Hoyle wrote lots of science-fiction novels, and that's maybe where his take on different subjects can be read between the lines. For example:

Amid the politics of IOTA’s demise, Hoyle had found the time to contribute
to another novel, co-written once again with his son Geoffrey. In The Inferno....

Cameron travels to the site of the proposed telescope on Mount Bogung at Wombat Springs, and while he is there something strange appears in the sky. It is a supernova, and it is headed for Earth. When Cameron realizes the dreadful implications of this, and he goes back to his native Scotland – a latitude likely to escape the worst of the supernova’s effects – and develops a survival strategy. Under Cameron’s leadership, the local people establish some sort of order through periods of intense heat, freezing cold, and then gradual recovery. Cameron finds that a radio-telescope in Scotland has been left running throughout
the Inferno, and on the computer tapes he discovers some coherent signals.

As the story ends, Cameron walks out of a church service in a ruined cathedral; and unlike the rest of the congregation, he knows that the Inferno was not the wrath of God: Cameron had never found a rational explanation for the termination of the great heat or for the descent of total darkness. Now he knew the explanation to be rational but not natural. He knew an intelligence, a creature, had intervened at their direst moment. . .

This creature was of a different order from man, and in the universe there was ‘order on order in infinite progression.’

I read that as well. Carl Sagan really had odds with him. Also like you said mkmhr Hoyle challenged main stream academics as well as Hubble's limited idea's on the Big Bang Hypothesis.
And that is when all hell seemed to break lose against him.

FRED HOYLE’S UNIVERSE
_http://dlia.ir/Scientific/e_book/Science/Astronomy/QB_1_139_General_/051054.pdf

Books (Perhaps these titles might have some clues.)

Fred Hoyle Is the author of books such as A Decade Of Decision
http://www.biblio.com/hoyle-fred/author/46877

He was also a music composer. But i could not access the You tubes videos on this end.
Fred Hoyle - Topic
_https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs80vqLA-4r0J-_B-7jFM0A

Ironically Carl Sagan does mention the Dark. (Pale Blue Dot)

This is not the original. But many people have interpreted it with the very violence he speaks of. Wounder if Sagan had come understand, and see the error of his ways.

You Are Here (Pale Blue Dot) [Sagan Time] This is reality! Lizzy snack bar of Chaos. Hoyle knew. Just like Eisenstein, and Just like the C's said.
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PN5JJDh78I

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot (The Original)
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g

Thanks to all who contributed to addressing my questions. We have more knowledge now, and "knowledge protects". But things are strange. The article "Ufo's own earth and all mankind" that propagates probably an invention and disinformation wa written by Otto O. Binder. From Wikipedia we learn that in 1967 he wrote a book "What We Really Know about Flying Saucers"", and that in the same year

"Otto Binder's daughter Mary, had been on her way to school one morning when a car jumped the curb, went into the driveway in front of the school and killed her."

Kind of strange ...

Back
Top Bottom