Four rare mountain gorillas ‘killed by lightning'

Debra

Dagobah Resident
This is really sad, and creepy at the same time, for me at least.
The sad is obviously the death of these amazing fellow creatures.
The creepy, for me, is a personal "Cosmos meditation" that I pondered a day or so ago.
My ponder was regarding the balance or imbalance of Natural laws, and the significance that 4 children SURVIVED a foolhardy foray in Alaska, in the freezing COLD winter.
Was this a type of STS energy grab, that was foiled when the kids survived, so the next grab became the 4 mountain Gorillas, stuck by lighting and killed by HEAT!?
Probably just creepy Symbolic coincidence, but STILL!! :huh:

Four extremely rare mountain gorillas are killed after being struck by lightning in Uganda
  • Jon Lockett
  • 8 Feb 2020, 16:52
  • Updated: 8 Feb 2020, 16:53
FOUR extremely rare mountain gorillas have been killed after they were struck by lightning in the wilds of Uganda.

The bodies of three adult females and a male infant were found by horrified rangers in Mgahinga National Park with "gross lesions".

Among the dead were three adult females and a male infant (stock)
Among the dead were three adult females and a male infant
(stock)Credit: Getty Images - Getty

To make things worse one of the giant apes was pregnant - a hammerblow to a species already down to just 1,000 survivors.

The Greater Virunga Transboundary Collaboration (GVTC) called the tragedy a "big loss for the species".

Mountain gorillas are now restricted to protected areas in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Uganda.

The four that died were part of a 17-member group, which are known as the Hirwa family by the wildlife authorities.

There are now just over 1,000 mountain gorillas in existence (stock)

There are now just over 1,000 mountain gorillas in existence (stock)Credit: Getty Images - Getty
 Members of the Hirwa group (seen here) were photographed in 2012
Members of the Hirwa group (seen here) were photographed in 2012
Credit: Getty Images - Getty

The Hirwa group had crossed the border from Rwanda into Uganda just last year, reports the BBC.
The Mgahinga park is in the Virunga Massif range of mountains which straddles Uganda, Rwanda and DR Congo.

"This was extremely sad," Andrew Seguya, executive secretary of the GVTC, told the BBC.

"The potential of the three females for their contribution to the population was immense."

Back
Top Bottom