Foundation of an independent German forum

N

no-mans-land

I was demanded quite several times in German forums whether there is not a place on which German users can talk about the Cassiopaea material.

Because I know by the coreading here that no German forum is planned by the QFS, I wanted to ask whether there can maybe be copyright problems if I myself build up a forum of this kind, in which interested readers can talk about the material.

I am not perfect and cannot claim myself to have internalised everything, however, I am determined constant to work, to develop the necessary objectivity and to go my way. Hence, I ask rather before how and which material I may use. I do not want to work against the QFS or create problems which are useful to nobody.

The address on which the forum should run is: www.cassiopaea-forum.de

Greez

I don't see much point in your starting a german forum without guidance - otherwise you will do nothing but spin your wheels and may, ultimately, come into some conflict problems not to mention copyright issues. We have an approved German translator who is working as fast as he can without much help. Perhaps you could better use your energy by helping him?

Thanks for the reply

The problem of the "spinning wheel" is indeed a big one. I know meanwhile some German readers who drift rather lonely by the forums and hardly find somebody to whom they can talk about the ideas of the QFS. I can understand this well, it goes for me similarly.

I did not know that you have only one translator for this language. Maybe you could establish contact and then I send him a translation example, so that he can see whether my abilities are sufficient to be helpful.

To translate into German from the English is substantially easier for me than the other way.

Our German translator will contact you via the email address you used to register here on the forum. If you want him to use a different email, send it to me by PM. He does, indeed, need all the help he can get.

Back
Top Bottom