FOTCM offering reduced price Glutathione to forum members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOTCM offering reduced price Glutathione

hesperides said:
Oh thank you so much Beau. I´ve just made the donation under ID 83197666UM980503G, but in my hurry forgot to put my address so that immediately after I made a second smaller donation under ID 09F52134HX8389404 where I´m mentioning the first ID to which it´s related and my full address. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, I have your info.

latulipenoire said:
That's great news! I've made a donation now (0UD90654KA168333A) and I was wondering if it would be too costly for you guys to send me two bottles, to Brazil? Please tell me if the amount covers the expenses, otherwise I can donate a bit more until the end of the year! Thank you, Beau.

You sent plenty, thank you! It will get mailed out asap.

I'd love to take a few bottles. 6 should be good, enough for 6 months.

Are there still that many available? I can put all my information in the message I send with the Paypal donation.

Wu Wei Wu said:
I'd love to take a few bottles. 6 should be good, enough for 6 months.

Are there still that many available? I can put all my information in the message I send with the Paypal donation.

There is plenty available so no worries about ordering multiple quantities.

I guess I'll keep the pattern going. Six bottles please! ;)

Paypal transaction ID: 8F384720HJ107652C

HowToBe said:

Thanks for helping out! Btw, if anyone can think of friends or relatives that might like some...

Joe said:
HowToBe said:

Thanks for helping out! Btw, if anyone can think of friends or relatives that might like some...

Yup. Ya'll do some research on this stuff. Prolly everyone should take a good course of it and keep up with it intermittantly.

Also, if anyone really needs some and can't afford it, send the mods a PM and we will consider the situation and send it out if we can afford to do so.

I just wanted to say thanks again for everything you guys! :) I received my package today.

I've never tried supplementing glutathione. Going to read up on it more and try it out. Sounds like my grandma could benefit from it, too. Just donated for three bottles. Confirmation #: 69G14780RF511291V

Thanks for the generous offer. :)

I made a donation for 4 bottles, if possible. Thanks a lot! :)
Transaction number: 9F792465AP787041A

I just donated asking for 3 bottles - Transaction ID: 0E875740SP509151W
Thanks.

Interestingly, just this morning I received an article about glutathione from a health website I'm subscribed to which says the following:

How Glutathione Can Save Your Life

By Terry Lemerond*

The most crucial of all antioxidants, for the first time in a form that your body can actually use.

What if I told you that Ponce de Leon was off base looking for the Fountain of Youth in Florida, because that fountain is in your own healthy liver? That may be a bit of a stretch, but your cells, especially in your liver, make a master antioxidant and detox accelerator that controls critical aspects of aging and preventing disease. That compound is called glutathione. Virtually every person with disease-related frailty is depleted in glutathione.

High glutathione levels are associated with longevity - in fact, healthy people over 100 years of age have significantly higher levels of glutathione than the general population. There are over 90,000 studies published on different aspects of glutathione, on everything from Parkinson's disease, to cardiovascular damage, to cancer treatment and prevention, to autoimmune diseases, to even autism and related disorders. I could write the rest of this page on diseases for which glutathione is crucial.

Unfortunately, in the presence of disease, environmental exposures, and genetics, our body's ability to make this critical compound diminishes greatly. With certain genetic inefficiencies, glutathione production can be reduced 50% or more, and it is estimated that nearly 1 in 3 people has this genetic variant! Age reduces glutathione production, too. By age 40, we are making 30% less, and by 65, as much as 50% less - and that is in healthy individuals. Anyone with liver stress or disease is going to be making significantly less.

There is no other compound quite like glutathione. It is so important that your body makes its own supply to protect us from tumors, keep DNA-damaging oxidative stress at bay, help the body rid itself of toxins, and keep every cell rejuvenated and healthy.

Unfortunately, our glutathione levels tend to drop due to aging, genetics, disease, environment, and dozens of other factors out of our control. Trying to boost glutathione levels with standard supplements or N-acetylcysteine just doesn't work. But a revolutionary, slow-melt form of this crucial compound developed in France is powerful and effective. Taken daily, it will:

Prevent brain and nerve damage
Rid you of health-threatening toxins
Protect you from DNA-damaging oxidative stress
Promote longevity by protecting telomeres
Boost levels of active, protective glutathione
Improve the ratio of active versus oxidized glutathione

Here is the formula I suggest:
L-Glutathione (Reduced, Active Form) 300 mg

Fighting Free Radicals and Oxidative Stress

Glutathione has been described as "the mother of all antioxidants" and this is true, but it does much more. It also boosts and prolongs the protective activity of other antioxidants in the body, like vitamin C and E. This is called antioxidant recycling, and it is crucial as we strive to protect the blueprints inside our cells - DNA - from the damaging effects of oxidative stress. This is important because unchecked oxidative stress is associated with so many diseases that it can aptly be considered a killer. Oxidative stress is certainly involved in the death of damaged individual cells, and contributes significantly to the progression of life-threatening diseases.

Removing Dangerous Toxins from the Body

As the liver snags toxins out of circulation, it must prepare them for disposal. This process is called phase l and phase II glucuronidation. This process cannot take place without adequate levels of glutathione. More glutathione = enhanced removal of toxins from your body. This can include drug metabolites, heavy metals, pesticide/ herbicides, xenoestrogens like BPA, alcohol, and other toxic chemicals. We are swimming in a sea of tens of thousands of chemicals that never existed before 50 years ago. While we cannot always avoid these toxic exposures, it is important to get them out of our bodies as quickly as possible. This reduces our cumulative exposure to substances linked to cancer and many other potentially devastating diseases.

Immune System Power

The foot soldiers of the immune system are white blood cells. There are a wide variety of soldiers to help protect us from multiple threats, such as disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and fungal infections. Your body cannot make white blood cells without adequate glutathione. It has also been shown to stimulate natural killer cell activity, which is especially useful in destroying cancer cells.

Also, higher levels of glutathione are known to preserve telomeres, which are the tail ends of genes that dictate how many times the cell can regenerate. This process is intimately connected to longevity.

The Importance of Glutathione Ratios

Glutathione is made in the body from three amino acids: glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine. Glutathione molecules have their own "life cycle." As glutathione (GSH) is utilized and oxidized, it becomes oxidized glutathione (GSSG). In a healthy, youthful person, 90% of the body's glutathione should be in the GSH form. This is also called "reduced glutathione." Only about 10% of the body's glutathione should be in the GSSG (oxidized) form. The ratio between these forms of glutathione is crucially important and is a strong indication of health.

Parkinson's Disease

While glutathione is useful for virtually any disease or health challenge, it is particularly useful for debilitating neurological diseases like Parkinson's disease (PD). There are studies using intravenous (IV) glutathione that demonstrate its ability to improve Parkinson's symptom. People with this chronic progressive neurological disorder have high levels of oxidative stress and premature cellular die off in a part of the brain called the substantia nigra. Another hallmark of PD is the loss of the brain's ability to make dopamine. While more studies are needed to further determine the ways in which glutathione helps PD, we have some solid medical theories, the premise of which continues to be borne out as research progresses.

We know that glutathione reduces specific free radical activity that interferes with the proper levels of both dopamine and acetylcholine, which is believed to be the neurochemical imbalance underlying Parkinson's disease (PD).

As early as 1996, a study entitled "Reduced intravenous glutathione in the treatment of early Parkinson's disease" found that the progression of PD was reduced, and symptoms improved by 42% after only 30 days of treatment. However, the practice of using glutathione for PD was not widespread, because it had to be administered directly into the veins (IV), necessitating clinic visits and medical staff inserting needles for proper administration.

In another 2009 study, Dr. David Perlmutter, a neurologist at The Perlmutter Health Center, oversaw a human pilot study on the use of IV glutathione for PD, the results of which he published in Movement Disorders. The researchers reported significant improvement during one month of glutathione treatment. When the treatments stopped, the symptoms worsened again. Dr. Perlmutter's group stated that glutathione was safe and well tolerated.

Research on using therapeutic glutathione is incredibly encouraging for this incurable neurological disease. The stumbling block has always been that it has to be given IV, in a clinic licensed for administration of intravenous drugs, in order to be effective. There are not many clinics nationwide offering this service, and it is very expensive. It is truly a medical break-through to be able to provide this glutathione in an oral form that is still absorbed in its most effective form, without the need for needles, clinics, and huge amounts of medical bills.

Lyme Disease

Many health issues are made even more challenging by the burden of free radicals. Consider the tick-borne Lyme disease, caused by the Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria, which sometimes manifests itself in "bulls eye" pattern skin lesions, but can later progress to muscle dysfunction, arthritis, facial palsy, and more. The body's glutathione levels are depleted in an effort to reduce the damage and spread of the disease.

However, antibiotic treatment doesn't address the need for the body to help heal itself. In fact, Polish researchers found that patients using antibiotics to treat the skin lesion phase of the disease, still had heavy free-radical activity. Even though antibiotics in this case are standard medical procedure, the resulting oxidative damage weakens the system. This is why glutathione, because it replenishes the body's own levels, has become a standard practice in integrative treatment of Lyme disease. I believe it is good practice to bolster your glutathione ratio with an oral form anytime you are going to spend extended time outdoors, or if you live in a particularly tick-heavy environment during the spring, summer, and fall months. If you already have Lyme disease, an oral form should help reduce recurring flare-ups.

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Serbian researchers examined the relationship between oxidative stress, free-radical activity, and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Even though patients with RA showed higher plasma levels of superoxide dismutase (another of the body's "super antioxidants"), they also had high levels of pro-oxidants, and increased nitric oxide, an inflammatory marker. Other research with RA patients in Italy showed a strong correlation between inflammation, oxidative stress, and lowered glutathione levels in the bloodstream. In fact, a clinical study in Jordan found that patients with RA showed a 50% depletion of reduced glutathione compared to healthy controls. The researchers concluded that "defense mechanisms against reactive oxygen species are impaired in RA." To me, this sounds like a strong reason for anyone with RA to add active glutathione to their daily regimen.

Since rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease - meaning the body is working against itself - many of the treatment options can seem limited to pain reduction, rather than helping the body get its immune balance back in shape. However, many current studies examining the relationship between RA, oxidative stress, and inflammation seem to share the conclusion that getting those factors under control is critical to stopping the arterial stiffness and damage of the disease.

Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders

The incidence of autism and related disorders has skyrocketed in our modern, industrialized, toxin-laden world. Doctors have known for quite a while that people with autism are especially challenged when it comes to their ability to handle toxic exposures. Their detoxification systems are rarely robust, and much of this has been traced to an insufficient amount of glutathione activity.

A group of researchers performed a metaanalysis of studies on aspects of autism as it relates to glutathione. They looked at the results of 39 published studies, and determined there is significant evidence that two specific pathways for detoxification are impaired in autism, and that large trials are needed for children with autism to determine if boosting the function of these two pathways will likewise improve autistic behaviors. Both these pathways respond to improved ratios of active glutathione.

Alzheimer's Disease

Virtually all neurological diseases have some level of oxidative damage as a root cause or major contributor to dysfunction. Therefore, it is not surprising that Alzheimer's disease (AD) and mild cognitive impairment (MCI) have been the focus of much glutathione research.

Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)

One hallmark of HIV is the inability of the immune system to function properly. People with HIV often develop infections that can become life-threatening, and one such infection is tuberculosis. Researchers extracted immune system cells from people with HIV to see how well these cells would control the mycobacterium that causes tuberculosis. They found that the infection itself caused a depletion in glutathione, and that the immune cells, in turn, could not control the mycobacteria. By boosting the body's levels of active glutathione, once again the cells could control the mycobacteria.

The researchers theorized that glutathione depletion may play at least a partial causative role in reduced immune response in people with HIV, and that increasing systemic glutathione could improve immune system function in this group.

Special Glutathione Challenges

There are medications that deplete your body of glutathione. One is acetaminophen (one brand name is Tylenol®). Acetaminophen is the number one cause of acute liver failure in the U.S. and the only treatment for a dangerous acetaminophen overdose is life-saving glutathione injected into the bloodstream. Certain anti-seizure drugs deplete glutathione, and there is evidence that birth control pills and antidepressant medication can also cause depletion. Therefore, it is especially important to supplement with effective glutathione if you must be on one or more of these drugs.

Quote from the article Laura posted above:

Unfortunately, our glutathione levels tend to drop due to aging, genetics, disease, environment, and dozens of other factors out of our control. Trying to boost glutathione levels with standard supplements or N-acetylcysteine just doesn't work. But a revolutionary, slow-melt form of this crucial compound developed in France is powerful and effective.

I think they talk about Sublinthion, a sublingual form developed by French lab Le Stum. It was tested in a study and the results were promising:
_https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4536296/

Effects of N-acetylcysteine, oral glutathione (GSH) and a novel sublingual form of GSH on oxidative stress markers: A comparative crossover study.

Glutathione (GSH) is critical to fight against oxidative stress. Its very low bioavailability limits the interest of a supplementation. The purpose of this study was to compare the bioavailability, the effect on oxidative stress markers and the safety of a new sublingual form of GSH with two commonly used dietary supplements, N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and oral GSH. The study was a three-week randomized crossover trial. 20 Volunteers with metabolic syndrome were enrolled. GSH levels and several oxidative stress markers were determined at different times during each 21-days period. Compared to oral GSH group, an increase of total and reduced GSH levels in plasma and a higher GSH/GSSG ratio (p=0.003) was observed in sublingual GSH group. After 3 weeks of administration, there was a significant increase of vitamin E level in plasma only in sublingual GSH group (0.83 µmol/g; p=0.04). Our results demonstrate the superiority of a new sublingual form of GSH over the oral GSH form and NAC in terms of GSH supplementation.

Sublinthion is pricey. I think for long term use the one sold by FOTCM is just fine. And according to the study quoted by Rabelais, Setria DOES seem to be highly absorbable, thus effective:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,43343.msg693565.html#msg693565

There's also this study (addressing the controversy regarding the absorbability or oral gluthatione) which seems to point to the effectiveness of oral gluthatione:

Study Finds ‘Master Antioxidant’ Glutathione Can Be Orally Ingested

Until recently, the widely held belief has been that normal oral supplementation won’t help raise GSH levels because oral GSH won’t get past the stomach acids and into the small intestines to be absorbed into the blood. But a study explained in the next section indicates otherwise.

You can read the rest of the article here: _http://naturalsociety.com/study-finds-master-antioxidant-glutathione-can-orally-ingested/

Hi, it would be possible to get 2 bottles. I already sent my donation via Paypal, directly, and have not yet uploaded the receipt on the web. I will send an email with my address and donation number information when I receive it. I live in Spain. Thank you for this opportunity!

Thank you for making this offer Beau and everyone helping with this project.
Please send me six bottles. I have already made a regular monthly donation this month and sent an extra $30 for the calendar, so I will mail a another check today to the NC address for these supplements.
I am pretty sure you have my address with the new PO Box number but I will PM it to you all again just in case.
Many thanks,
Shelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom