FOTCM: New Online Application Form

Re: FOTCM: New Online Application From

Hi Ailén , I want to become a member but due to my work I have little time and would not know how to help, but I really want, I'm also doing the EE program but can not do it completely.
I am also reading "encounters with remarkable men" of Gurdjieff.
so could I become a member?

jhonny said:
Hi Ailén , I want to become a member but due to my work I have little time and would not know how to help, but I really want, I'm also doing the EE program but can not do it completely.
I am also reading "encounters with remarkable men" of Gurdjieff.
so could I become a member?

I think that it is really up to you! If you have read the Statement of Principles and agree with it, then you can become a member and do everything at your own pace. :) You are more than welcome. Any little thing you do is helpful, even posting in the forum, and specially doing the EE program, following as healthy a diet as you can and reading and working towards knowing yourself with the help of this network.

I just looked at the online form after mailing in a form from a month ago. The capcha(sp?) had the letters 4BAHA in them. Im not sure if that was intentional or not as I believed it was supposed to be random letters and numbers. I think there were more letters I just involved Ive just not posted them. Im going to go on thinking that its the universe winking at me. ;)

I just checked the form again and hit reload a few times. Random numbers and letters each time. High Strangeness indeed.

Maybe this is a not a valid place for asking such question but I hope it could be relevant to someone who is considering to join FOTCM: What's about our "lifetime subscription" to catholic or similar "system certified and approved" church that for most of us is happened while we're still a little babies? How to get rid off that and cancel such alliance? I'd like to know your opinion about this issue, it that something that we should completely ignore or make some move it that direction? Is it even possible to do something like that?

prasimix said:
Maybe this is a not a valid place for asking such question but I hope it could be relevant to someone who is considering to join FOTCM: What's about our "lifetime subscription" to catholic or similar "system certified and approved" church that for most of us is happened while we're still a little babies? How to get rid off that and cancel such alliance? I'd like to know your opinion about this issue, it that something that we should completely ignore or make some move it that direction? Is it even possible to do something like that?

From what I have read in the various FOTCM thread, once you leave a church and don't go back, you pretty much don't belong to it anymore. Just because you were baptized and went to a church regularly, they have no hold over you. You are free to leave and go to any other church you like.

I hope that this answers your question.

Well, with the Catholic Church, there is actually a process to go through to leave. It's quite the formal, binding agreement to be a Catholic, and leaving 'the Church' is no small thing - to the Church, that is. With that said, however, it is only binding if one takes what the Catholics say as truth, which we know is not the case - though the Church would object to that statement.

I think in all cases such as these, with all main stream religions, that one must do what suits one self. Personally, being baptized and confirmed Catholic, I left the church decades ago - emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and physically - so I have no need to make a formal declaration to anyone, since through my actions, I have abandoned the Church. In fact, making such a declaration might bring unwanted negative attention, so, in my case, it's best to simply move in a new direction.

However, if there are serious concerns in your country, regarding legal membership in a church, then it would be best to find out and relinquish old memberships as you see appropriate.

Thanks Nienna, Anart for your inputs.

Thanks, anart, for the clarification.

When completing this form is an email sent automatically or do I need to attach it to an normal email?

Ben said:
When completing this form is an email sent automatically or do I need to attach it to an normal email?

An e-mail is automagically sent to us. :) You just have to remember to print it out when you are down, and ship it to FOTCM (snail mail is fine).

[quote author=Ailén]

An e-mail is automagically sent to us. :) You just have to remember to print it out when you are down, and ship it to FOTCM (snail mail is fine).

[/quote]

Ok, it is printed and waiting to be posted, and hopefully you got the electronic version a few days ago.

Ben said:
[quote author=Ailén]

Ok, it is printed and waiting to be posted, and hopefully you got the electronic version a few days ago.
[/quote]

Great. Yes, we received your application. Welcome to FOTCM!

I have put in a application and my Mother made a mistake and took the letter this morning and
put it in the mail box with no check in it and it is not sealed. So I will have to send another
application with the check. I just wanted to inform Laura and the crew who are incharge of the
applications of the mistake sorry for the incoveince.

celtic said:
I have put in a application and my Mother made a mistake and took the letter this morning and
put it in the mail box with no check in it and it is not sealed. So I will have to send another
application with the check. I just wanted to inform Laura and the crew who are incharge of the
applications of the mistake sorry for the incoveince.

Thanks for letting us know celtic. No problem. Those things happen ;).

Back
Top Bottom