Forced Flu Vaccination by my Employer

whovian

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi All,

I work for a major teaching hospital here in the US. We were just informed the other day that ALL clinical employees will be required to get the seasonal flu shot. We were also told that personal/religious beliefs were no longer an excuse to decline the vaccination, and we could face termination if we attempt to do so.

I will NOT receive the vaccination under any circumstances. I am very upset, and I wonder if there are any others that have had to face this situation? Do I have any legal rights? How do I avoid this and still keep my job???

Thanks for your replies.

whovian said:
Hi All,

I work for a major teaching hospital here in the US. We were just informed the other day that ALL clinical employees will be required to get the seasonal flu shot. We were also told that personal/religious beliefs were no longer an excuse to decline the vaccination, and we could face termination if we attempt to do so.

I will NOT receive the vaccination under any circumstances. I am very upset, and I wonder if there are any others that have had to face this situation? Do I have any legal rights? How do I avoid this and still keep my job???

I don't know that you can avoid it and still keep your job. There is a detox protocol for post-vaccination that should help, should you have to take it. Are you, by chance, allergic to eggs? That's often a good loophole since most vaccinations are egg based.

Others might have more ideas...

Hi, whovian.

Yes, it's hard to believe how fast we are losing our health care rights. I went through this last year but was able to get a religious exemption. The hospital made it very difficult to become exempt, those who asked for exemption were required to answer questions in a private room without any prior knowlege of what would be asked. I don't know what state you live in, but almost all of them have a religious exemption. I recommend you check in with Alan Phillips, http://www.vaccinerights.com/ . He's an attorney out of NC but is an expert in vaccine law and will be able to guide you in this. He has a downloadable book for $20 or something that provides the kind of answers you need to give when writing your exemption statement. Hang in there! I'm pretty sure you'll be able to work this out. :)

Hi whovian,

what state do you live in? I think this is outrageous. I saw a discussion on facebook the other day where a school in Mississippi was saying the same for students. Some had said it was still likely possible to get out of it if you got a medical waiver from a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, who tended to be more flexible than M.D.'s. I don't know if there is truth to that or not - you may have to do some research in your state and find the right D.O.. I would think they would have to have some loophole, otherwise they would be legally responsible if anything did go wrong. But that is only speculation at this point.

whovian,

What about a medical exemption? I work at a hospital too and each year I've told them I have an "egg allergy" :whistle:

whovian said:
We were also told that personal/religious beliefs were no longer an excuse to decline the vaccination, and we could face termination if we attempt to do so.

If you could claim that refusing vaccination is your religious belief, it is illegal for them to terminate you for that, according to the Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act:

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

This is different from religious exemptions to vaccination, which governs public institutions (not private), goes as a separate state law and depends on the state.

Pursuing Title VII route will likely require assistance from a lawyer though.

I really hope that you'll find something useful in what's been brought up in this thread! Hang on!

That is outrageous! If I were forced to take a vaccine and the other options didn't work I would quit... but if I was still forced to take it I would tell them that I would need to be independently tested for toxicity prior to the vaccine and afterwards and that I would be expecting some form of compensation.

Hope you find a way around it.

Thanks to all for your replies and ideas. I will definately pursue the egg allergy excuse as well as look into a medical exemption from a physician.

I live in Colorado. When I have time tomorrow, I will be researching the state vaccination laws.

It is disgusting not only how our health care rights are being intruded upon, but our human and personal rights in general.

Allthough I have never wanted to own a firearm, I am even starting to look at purchasing one before they take that Constitutional right away. Its amazing how global changes can even reform one's own personal beliefs....

I wanted to update everyone on this situation. We are now being told that we can avoid the flu vaccine with a written waiver from a physician or a religious leader, however, in doing so, we must wear a mask from the minute we enter the building to the time we leave. In other words, they are using public embarrassment and isolation tactics to achieve compliance.

This is coming for all hospitals, as it is driven by Medicare/Medicaid and the hospital reimbursement dollars are dependant upon the compliance rate.

I cannot wear a mask during my shift - it is too hard to communicate and do my job, and the masks are uncomfortable and hard on sensitive skin. I have decided that I have no choice but to take the flu shot; I couldn't possibly afford the time or money invested to fight this legally anyway.

If someone could pass along a reasonable detox protocol, I would greatly appreciate it.....

whovian

whovian said:
I wanted to update everyone on this situation. We are now being told that we can avoid the flu vaccine with a written waiver from a physician or a religious leader, however, in doing so, we must wear a mask from the minute we enter the building to the time we leave. In other words, they are using public embarrassment and isolation tactics to achieve compliance.

This is coming for all hospitals, as it is driven by Medicare/Medicaid and the hospital reimbursement dollars are dependant upon the compliance rate.

I cannot wear a mask during my shift - it is too hard to communicate and do my job, and the masks are uncomfortable and hard on sensitive skin. I have decided that I have no choice but to take the flu shot; I couldn't possibly afford the time or money invested to fight this legally anyway.

If someone could pass along a reasonable detox protocol, I would greatly appreciate it.....

whovian

This sounds odd. I work at a hospital and flu vaccines are not mandatory (so far). We receive Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement dollars and have not heard of this. I find it odd that they are saying that you have to wear a mask...do they ask patients that choose not to have the flu vaccine to wear a mask while they are in the building? Maybe it is because you work at a teaching hospital and the hospital that I work at is not a teaching hospital?

Tell them you will take it IF they will sign a form stating they are responsible morally, ethically, material, and under penal responsibility if anything goes wrong because of the toxins filled in those vaccines. And see them run away very, very quickly. That ought to shut em up pretty good. If after that they still try to push it, find a lawyer and let him find something to get leverage. Last option is to quit that job. So, you have options, you just need to use them, if you want to use them. This is just my opinion.

Would it be possible to insist that your employer sign a legal document which states that they agree to take full financial responsibility for any and all ill effects you might sustain from the forced vaccination...then include the mile long list of possible side effects?

What would happen if you put the ball in their court?

I agree with flycat and Guardian. It might seem like a gutsy move but with all the info that's come out about the dangers of vaccines, you're on solid ground to refuse. I would think the administrators would rather avoid a scene or scandal. That's probably why they comply with PTB 'mandates' to begin with.

My 2 cents.

whovian said:
I cannot wear a mask during my shift - it is too hard to communicate and do my job, and the masks are uncomfortable and hard on sensitive skin.

May I suggest you think about this option when you're not so angry about the situation? Is wearing a mask in a hospital such a bad thing? You do work where all the sick people are?

Could you search on the net for a more comfortable mask that's hypo-allergenic? I'm betting if you went for the mask option like you really want to wear a mask, they'll tell you to stop before too long?

whovian said:

Whoever told you this may simply have told you this only because they could get away with saying it and they wanted to intimidate everyone into doing it by reflex so that the maximum amount of people will take it without looking for ways to get around it. I'd say to do everything you can to find a way to not take it and still keep your job. Maybe it'll be easier this year then next year to do this. But at least you'll buy yourself some time and have at least a year to look for other kinds of work before they (most likely) clamp down on it next year. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom