Finis Gloriae Mundi

D Rusak

Jedi Council Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about the book Finis Gloriae Mundi by Fulcanelli published in 1999/2004? It is only available in Spanish and French. I've requested a copy (of the French, pub. 1999) through interlibrary loan, but have not heard anything yet. I'm doubtful because thus far all of the books by Fulcanelli I've requested have been for library use only (I guess that puts you on someone's list). From reading Cass I thought that this book was not available, so I'm quite curious as to what this volume is about, whether it is a hoax, or not.

There is no "Finis Gloriae Mundi" by Fulcanelli. There is a fake book by a fradulent author. See the discussion here:
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/a-archive_dec99.html

Also, as it happens, I am right in the middle of editing Patrick de la Riviere's book about Fulcanelli (it will be out in about two weeks) and can assure you that, because of his close relationship with Canseliet, Riviere's opinion on the subject carries some weight. He says that this book is a fraud.

As to what he says about it in his book about Fulcanelli, I'll give you an advance excerpt here:

[
Patrick de la Rivere said:
In its subsequent edition, The Dwellings of the Philosophers ends with a chapter entitled "The Unlimited Paradox of Sciences", which is decidedly hermetic in orientation, although also apocalyptic. According to Eugène Canseliet, this section was added to the previous text and was composed of the material of a third "collection of handwritten notes" that his master, Fulcanelli, had left with him before taking them back in 1928, thereby making it impossible to eventually publish the third book. That book, had it been published, would have been entitled Finis Gloriae Mundi - The End of the Glory of the World. We will see further on what should be kept in mind on this subject. For the time being, suffice it to say that Eugène Canseliet stated with regard to this book: "Undoubtedly, it was about very serious matters"[...]

A few months later, Fulcanelli apparently handed over three parcels sealed with wax to the disciple that he had so patiently trained for the preceding six years. These packages contained Fulcanelli's handwritten notes. Eugène Canseliet stated on that subject much later:

Those were exquisite notes on sheets of paper in various formats. They were not written books.
However, in actuality, those notes indeed represented the substance of three books by the Master, the respective titles of which were written on each parcel concerned. These were: Le Mystêre des Cathédrales, Les Demeures philosophales, and De Finis Gloriae Mundi . The disciple was given the task of formatting those notes and then editing them in literary form in order to produce the first book signed by Fulcanelli: Le Mystêre des Cathédrales. Furthermore, he was instructed to write the introduction, sign it with his own name, and then add to his signature the three initials "F.C.H." for Frère Chevalier d'Héliopolis - a designation which Canseliet was entitled to, even though he had not yet personally achieved the Great Work.

Given the enormity of the task before him, Canseliet was obliged to resign from his position at the Sarcelles gasworks. The conscientious disciple undertook to write on blank, unlined paper, and upon completion of his work, he submitted it via Jean-Julien Champagne to the Master, who expressed his approval and congratulated him. This was in 1922-1923, and the book appeared three years later, in 1926.

Eugène Canseliet then undertook to start work again. This time, with Les Demeures philosophales, which was an even more voluminous task since the text of it was twice as long as that of Le Mystêre des Cathédrales. In the meantime - and again, through the agency of Jean-Julien Champagne - the Master, whom Canseliet no longer met, instructed his disciple to return the text of De Finis Gloriae Mundi to him. Judging from his request, it is likely that the book contained certain revelations which Fulcanelli, after having thought them through in greater depth, realized the fullness of their gravity, and decided against publishing.

Further, we wish to warn the reader of these lines against any attempt - be it in the present or the future - to publish that text. It would be nothing more than a forgery, for almost all traces of the book in question have completely disappeared. Only a few notes allowing one to determine the outline of the book remain. They reappeared some sixty years later, shortly after the death of Fulcanelli's disciple (we can personally verify this statement. For further details, see "Finis Gloriae Mundi" The End of the Glory of the World in Chapter 11). Indeed, never in his life did Eugène Canseliet ever leave room for doubt on this matter:

It is only for Finis Gloriae Mundi that a few notes were actually written, and they were not included in the parcel with the other notes. I don't know why. I have used those texts, since they were outside, in order to get an idea of what that third book might have been like. What it would have been in actuality, I have no idea. But Fulcanelli wanted the parcel back and he took it from me. Perhaps there were very serious matters in there.
The two texts that were published from these notes appeared in the second edition of Le Mystêre des Cathédrales and in Les Demeures philosophales. They are the chapters dealing respectively with the cyclic cross of Hendaye and the paradox of the unlimited progress of sciences, including "Le Rêgne de l'Homme", "Le Déluge", "L'Atlantide", "L'Embrasement" and "L'Age d'Or".
In other words, you can get a very good idea of the subject matter of the book from reading the last chapter of Dwellings of the Philosophers, because this chapter was composed of the notes of Finis Gloriae Mundi.

We have discussed this book and the notes that were the backbone of it with Patrick at great length. Patrick, in fact, has a copy of the actual notes in his possession at this time. They are included in his book. But since it is such explosive information, I'm not going to give it away here!

Another item: the SOTT team recently made a research trip to Seville to get some first hand info on the painting that the title of the book is based on. We have a lot of photos from this trip and I hope to get an album up very soon with all of them as well as background info.

Stay tuned!

My gut feeling was that it was not from the real source, but one thing I have learned is to check out any available information. If they do ever send me the book, maybe it will provide a good laugh at least!
SHOTW absolutely blew me away. It's going to take me a long time to really get this stuff (hopefully the powers that be will indulge me ;)

I'm really looking forward to the new Fulcanelli volume! Keep up the good work, Laura and everybody!

D Rusak said:
My gut feeling was that it was not from the real source, but one thing I have learned is to check out any available information.
Well, if you really want to have this faked book - order it from Papamedia for $15. They have over 1000 copies - so they say;)

ark

Having made it almost to the end of my editorial pass of Patrick Riviere's book, I find that he has addressed the issue of this Hoax as follows:

Patrick Riviere said:
Regarding a Forged Finis Gloriae Mundi

At the end of 1999, a book with this title and signed

Hi

Here is perhaps a clue:

http://archer.over-blog.net/article-2052055.html

In French, obviously, but just try some translator, babelfish among others.

Archer

Synopsis: http://www.prismeshebdo.com/prismeshebdo/article.php3?id_article=512&var_recherche=finis+gloriae
Synopsis said:
Une photo representant la partie centrale du polyptique de Grunewald (Christ)
le polyptyque d'Issenheim constitue vers 1515
grunewald_christ2.jpg

Synopsis said:
Une permission numero 9412 pour visite extraordinaire de la chapelle de la Santa Caridad de Seville. Un billet de transport numero 039848, autobus de Seville
Sevilla, Hospital de la Santa Caridad:
constructed above Atarazanas Real built by Alfonso X the Wise in 1252
atarazanas02.jpg

http://www.sevillaweb.info/monumentos/atarazanas.html:

In 1641 five of seventeen Ararazanas "navate" have been transformed into the Hospital of Santa Caridad, whose brotherhood was meeting from 1578 in a chapel dedicated to San Jorge to gather the corpses of drowned and executed brothers. Small chapel is called "la capilla de los ahogados" (chapel of the drowned).

Synopsis said:
El venerable Siervo de Dios Don Miguel Manara y Vicentelo de Leca. Une inscription relevee sous le porche et au-dessous de la porte d'entree de l'hospice de la Sainte-Charite a Seville
fhc2.jpg

Don Miguel Manara
miguel.jpg

http://www.adecec.net/adecec-net/parutions/miguelmanara.html

To the "feet" of the church we meet two pictures of Valdes Leal: In Ictu Oculi, and Finis Gloria Mundi. The first one is an allegory of the death (to open and to close the eyes). A human skeleton tramples on the symbols of the power and knowledge, and with a hand it extinguishes a [candle of life?]. In The End of the Glory of the World a few corpses appear to say that the death comes to all. Christ's hand appears with a scales, which indicates the judgment.

"ln Ictu Oculi" de Juan de Valdes Leal

juan-de-valdes-leal-in-icto-oculi.jpg

Finis gloriae mundi de Juan de Valdes Leal
http://www.galeon.com/juliodominguez/2004b/fini.html
fini.jpg

Synopsis said:
La decouverte de l'oeuvre de Murillo
"L'ange soutenant le Monde avant qu'il ne bascule" de Bartolome Murillo
bartolome-murillo-ange-soutenant-monde-avant-bascule.jpg

What direction that Sevilla bus with Fulcanelli and ticket No 039848 in hand was heading?

NB for moderators: Julio Dominguez images likely are copyrighted, i can't find free images of Murillo paintings in Hospital de la Caridad so far.

Hospital de la Caridad, Le Quattro Misericordie (Compassions) by Bartolome Esteban Murillo

hcm3.jpg

Synopsis said:
Un plan de l’obélisque de Dammartin vu de dessus.
fire was had been represented since antiquity by a triangle in the upper summit, having its top aimed above and its foundation resting on the soil. This geometric form which synthesizes flame or fire in action, belongs to all pyramids, and what was brought up in the pyramid of Dammartin under Tigeaux, as well as in those of Memphis, etc, in anticipation of disaster by fire
Synopsis said:
La page intitulée "Confrérie des Antonites" est une citation de Claude Champion […]Les deux pages liées de citation au sujet du polyptique de Mathias Grünewald, sont extraites d’un texte de Claude Champion.
Painting Antonites d'Issenheim by Matthias Grünewald in Monastère d'Unterlinden

Hi

Perhaps some members could be interested in a new book about Fulcanelli which was just published in France:

_http://www.eklectic-librairie.com/ListeLivreDetail.asp?Detail=ARQA17&TypeRecherche=Detail

With best wishes,

Archer

_http://www.archerjulienchampagne.com/

It would be great to get a corroboration about the fakery or not of the book by asking the Cs.

The team of alchemists under the pseudonym Fulcanelli consisted of four members: Eugène Canseliet, the youngest of the group, who ended up being the literary executor. Julien Champagne served as an illustrator but it was his maître, the scholar and savant Pierre Dujols, who worked with the original manuscripts and documents of the hydraulic engineer Paul Decœur (1839-1923).

Fulcanelli, contraction of Vulcain-Solaire, were the Decœur-Dujols duo, both frèrès Templars, but apparently only the first achieved the hermetic adept, while the second died in 1926 of uremic syndrome, crippled and in total financial poverty (source)

Perhaps it is the reason why Canseliet, in the second preface of 1958 to The Dwellings of the Philosophers, clarifies that the third work Finis Gloriae Mundi was "withdrawn." We must not forget that Béatrice Canseliet herself assures that the work published under this title in question is a total forgery.

The works of Martínez Otero “Fulcanelli: una biografía imposible” (Ed. Obelisco, 1986), Adrien N. together with her Le Rapport Fulcanelli and the profuse investigations of Walter Grosse and the late Philippe Buchelot (Filostene, Jr.) contribute to a successful conclusion on the mythical plural author.

The team of alchemists under the pseudonym Fulcanelli consisted of four members: Eugène Canseliet, the youngest of the group, who ended up being the literary executor. Julien Champagne served as an illustrator but it was his maître, the scholar and savant Pierre Dujols, who worked with the original manuscripts and documents of the hydraulic engineer Paul Decœur (1839-1923).

Fulcanelli, contraction of Vulcain-Solaire, were the Decœur-Dujols duo, both frèrès Templars, but apparently only the first achieved the hermetic adept, while the second died in 1926 of uremic syndrome, crippled and in total financial poverty (source)

Perhaps it is the reason why Canseliet, in the second preface of 1958 to The Dwellings of the Philosophers, clarifies that the third work Finis Gloriae Mundi was "withdrawn." We must not forget that Béatrice Canseliet herself assures that the work published under this title in question is a total forgery.

The works of Martínez Otero “Fulcanelli: una biografía imposible” (Ed. Obelisco, 1986), Adrien N. together with her Le Rapport Fulcanelli and the profuse investigations of Walter Grosse and the late Philippe Buchelot (Filostene, Jr.) contribute to a successful conclusion on the mythical plural author.

Before you decide you have the definitive understanding of who Fulcanelli was, you should read the book, Fulcanelli: His True Identity Revealed by Patrick Riviere. The conclusion reached by the author and the arguments made present a case that is as comprehensive and exciting as any other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom