Fear of abductions

Tavo

The Force is Strong With This One
I don't know if this goes here, I was staring at the index for a while, thinking about where to put this, and nothing came to mind, please move it where it belongs.

Unless I'm VERY tired, which doesn't happen too often, I have sleeping issues, I find it very hard to be able to fall asleep, and one of the main reasons is anxiety/fear.

I open my eyes every now and then to check the room, and find it very uncomfortable to be in a total darkness where I can't see anything.

This has been like that since I can remember.

What do I look for? Aliens...the grays to be specific. The idea of opening my eyes and seeing one scares the hell out of me, and so does the idea of being with my eyes closed, and feeling that one could "touch" me in any second.

I never really talked about it to anyone.

Is there anything I can do to make the fear go away or make it easier to fall asleep? Have I been abducted or something and I don't remember it, but I have this fear because of that?

(I hope that last part doesn't send this post to 'Baked Noodles' :/ :P )

[quote author=Tavo]
Is there anything I can do to make the fear go away or make it easier to fall asleep? Have I been abducted or something and I don't remember it, but I have this fear because of that?
[/quote]

Read, inform yourself about the subject ... read until you fall asleep - build strength by doing it every day

I seem to have the same problem. When I hear the word abduction I try and chase this thought out of my mind asap.

Usually it helps me to remind myself that these are just robots operated by an entity. That entity is working for another entity and so on and so forth. When it comes down to it, they will just eat each other. They work for nothing, and nothing is pretty powerful, but you are something and will always be something.

When I think of it that way, I kind of pity them. Just know where you stand and know that no matter what, the good in mankind will prevail and you are forever.

There is a lot of info here that can put your mind at rest. I don't believe we're as powerless as we think are.

Hey Tavo,

I would suggest doing the EE exercises if you haven't yet. This not only helps with sleep, but can also give your mind something else to focus on instead of the fear.

Tavo said:
I don't know if this goes here, I was staring at the index for a while, thinking about where to put this, and nothing came to mind, please move it where it belongs.

Unless I'm VERY tired, which doesn't happen too often, I have sleeping issues, I find it very hard to be able to fall asleep, and one of the main reasons is anxiety/fear.

I open my eyes every now and then to check the room, and find it very uncomfortable to be in a total darkness where I can't see anything.

This has been like that since I can remember.

What do I look for? Aliens...the grays to be specific. The idea of opening my eyes and seeing one scares the hell out of me, and so does the idea of being with my eyes closed, and feeling that one could "touch" me in any second.

I never really talked about it to anyone.

(I hope that last part doesn't send this post to 'Baked Noodles' :/ :P )

Hi Tavo,

I have gone something similar as I started to read the wave some years ago. At that time I said to myself, I don't want to be abducted, that means to show resistance and to fight, to make a choice.
But I must admit, that I don't know if this fear, or the fear I had was just a subjective feeling, triggered by reading the wave or based on any real happenings.

As truthseeker suggested, the EE excersice might help you and especially the prayer IMO.

Drea said:
[...]
I don't believe we're as powerless as we think are.

I second that.

And I tried something similar too, to rationalize the behavior of 4d sts. Why they are doing it, on what it is based and so on.

Thank you all for your kind replies, I will try to read and think about it in that way.

I posted my EE experience in the thread, it didn't work out as I expected osit.

Hi Tavo,

Unfortunately, it's a part of the world we live in. That is not going to change today.
Doing the Prayer for the Soul meditation, repeating the prayer or listening to it before bed/sleep may help. Remember that the STS peeps use fear to keep us in line with what THEY want for this world.

It's been my experience that my fears are rooted in a lack of knowledge. I would suggest that you learn as much as you can about it and don't be afraid to ask more questions and discuss it. Knowledge protects. :)

I admit that I had a problem with this very recently as well. The thought of being taken against your will and the prospect of possibly of being turned into a late night snack are indeed scary ideas. Reading about the subject, meditating, breathing exercises, having a sense of humor, being spontaneous, and just simply enjoying life as well as you can are all things that have helped me deal with confronting these negative ideas and other unpleasantness that is all around us. From what I've gathered thus far, the more you grow, the less tasty you become. :D Remember, most predators are looking for the easiest kill.

Tavo--

I have the same fears as you do Tavo when I go to sleep. It is actually not a frequent as it use to be, and I am just starting to sleep with the light off but still they are there. I am afraid of the lizzies primarily from reading abduction accounts.

I have the thing you have where all of a sudden I will have to open my eyes because I get anxious. Sometimes I get I get this anxiety when I'm in the shower with my eyes closed

I'm not sure how to help you, but one thing that has improved the situation for me is sleeping on my back, but obviously I do not know if that would apply to you. Also the change could be attributed to E.E program :)

Menrva--

Hi, I have "problem" kind of with this statement
Menrva said:
it's been my experience that my fears are rooted in a lack of knowledge. I would suggest that you learn as much as you can about it and don't be afraid to ask more questions and discuss it."

I would say that as a general rule knowledge does protect, but that does not necessarily mean it can remove what I would call "instinctual" fear which Tavo has suggested. For instance I can learn all I want about lizzies, but I believe in dreams, because of their appearance, they will still scare me.

Maybe knowledge can overcome fears like of the darkness completely but it seems quite a stretch. Maybe their is more emotional issues attached to fears or "conditionings". just a thought.

Just know where you stand and know that no matter what, the good in mankind will prevail and you are forever.

I also had fear in beginning when i started reading about aliens because I also had some strange experiences during the sleep, something like sleep paralysis, maybe it was from lucid dreaming or maybe not, but after some time with more knowledge and experience it wasn't so scary. Knowing that I'am eternal was essential but I don't quite agree that "good" always prevails, I think it depends on the will of positive guys and the desire of negative guys.

I would say that as a general rule knowledge does protect, but that does not necessarily mean it can remove what I would call "instinctual" fear which Tavo has suggested. For instance I can learn all I want about lizzies, but I believe in dreams, because of their appearance, they will still scare me.

I agree with you, knowledge isn't good protection if you don't use it and believe in it(and that belief comes through direct experience), everyone has fears because they have belief that they should be scared and that program is there for a long time and because of that you need some time to remove it and the fastest way is to look in fears eyes and how much you're scared don't identify with it because you're not it, have always that in your mind! One saying goes: brave man isn't one that isn't afraid but one that is afraid and he keeps going forward, and this one is also good one: Real courage isn't perfection or invulnerability but absolute vulnerability because that is only true courage!

Is there anything I can do to make the fear go away or make it easier to fall asleep?

I would suggest you meditate and read. Also The Cassiopaeans say knowledge
protects so as long as you reading and breathing I think it would be hard for
them to touch you.

Tavo said:
I posted my EE experience in the thread, it didn't work out as I expected osit.

I looked up that thread for some context regarding your EE experience. Have you tried just doing the prayer itself with regular breathing? Just a thought.

one thing i would like to add is: gurdjieff said that thinking about negative things that may or may not be possible is a tremendous energy drain. We cannot control what other beings do, but we CAN control our reactions. I agree wholeheartedly that gaining knowledge and understanding and putting them into action is the best protection.

I can understand your fear quite good and I have also sometimes similar fears like being attacked by demons or stuff like that.

The problem, once someone is in fear mode it's hard to calm down just by meditating or doing breathing techniques because normaly you close your eyes and try to relax...
So my tools for calming down is, to hear relaxing music till I fall asleep.
But it happens that this doesn't help either, so you have to pull out yourself from victim-thinking to resistence. You can do that by saying loud and sharp "NO!" or "STOP!". Even visualizing to smash a gray or whatever in the face and seeing his astonishment is a pretty funny thought. :)
In general building up your selfconfidence is a good way to deal with fear.

Hope this helps you and it would be nice to hear your experiences on dealing with your problem :)

Paradigma said:
I can understand your fear quite good and I have also sometimes similar fears like being attacked by demons or stuff like that.

The problem, once someone is in fear mode it's hard to calm down just by meditating or doing breathing techniques because normaly you close your eyes and try to relax...
So my tools for calming down is, to hear relaxing music till I fall asleep.
But it happens that this doesn't help either, so you have to pull out yourself from victim-thinking to resistence. You can do that by saying loud and sharp "NO!" or "STOP!". Even visualizing to smash a gray or whatever in the face and seeing his astonishment is a pretty funny thought. :)
In general building up your selfconfidence is a good way to deal with fear.

Hope this helps you and it would be nice to hear your experiences on dealing with your problem :)

What I have found helps me immensely in times like this is to play the meditation where Laura recites the POTS (Prayer of the Soul) or just repeating the POTS myself. This is part of the Eiriu Eolas breathing and meditation program produced by Laura.

We never endorse just emptying the mind and letting whatever wants to come in, come in. This POTS is a meditative seed that has been developed by Laura as a non-denominational prayer that helps us to get in touch with our higher consciousness. You have heard of the Eiriu Eolas program haven't you. It was one of the links given to you in the introduction thread. :)

Back
Top Bottom