Favorite movie scenes

one of my favorite movies from the sixties - i was born in 1954 . .
this scene and the one i could not find where the Star Actor returns to the machine only
to find the Morlocks have dragged it inside..
(when something disappears in my house this scene appears and i know where it went )

The Morlock Sirens Sound FX - The Time Machine (1960)...
one minute

One more that I just remembered - the whole Pai Mei training sequence from Kill Bill Vol II. It might seem cruel at first, but in the context of the film it's very moving and makes me think of how we have to deal with pain and suffering in order to advance in this world. There's no one clip of that whole sequence that I can find unfortunately, but I found a few that mostly show the sequence in entirety.

Two suns in the sky after Jupiter becomes the second sun at the end of the movie "2010 the year we made contact".

Since I was a kid I was fascinated by this scene. Let's hope and someday we will be able to see the second

I also like the scene of the apes and the space station in the movie "Space odyssey". Surely the souls having incarnated in ape bodies must have been a traumatic event that filled us with rage.

And for the same movie the Star child scene, An allegory of fifth density, which he personally interpreted as reflection (old man) and rebirth (child)

If you're into anime, this is one of my favorite scenes, more coming

Sicario - end scene:
I watched this movie again the other night. I haven't seen it since it came out in 2015. It reminded me a lot of "No Country For Old Men" in that, no one, regardless of how smart or well trained you are, is any match to go one-on-one with a psychopath. In this case the character played by Emily Blunt tried to take on not just one psychopath, but an entire psychopathic system. Throughout the whole film you can see her character slowly realize what she is caught up in and how she has been manipulated and used for nefarious ends. Benico del Toro's character gives her some advice before he leaves: "You should move to a small town where the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf and this is a land of wolves now."

And for the same movie the Star child scene, An allegory of fifth density, which he personally interpreted as reflection (old man) and rebirth (child)

This particular scene from the movie 2001 always interested me. I remember shopping at the supermarket and I clumsily knocked over something from one of the store shelves and after it hit the ground the people around me kind of had a smirk on their faces when it happened. For some reason this scene immediately flashed thru my mind as if something in the collective mind was noticing this "imperfection" in my clumsy movements (although, I would guess, they were unaware of it) and it made me think of this broken glass in this scene from 2001.

One interpretation I have from this scene (and there might be several in different contexts) is that the old man represented present day humanity and the broken glass represented our imperfection and needed to be "upgraded" to perfection. And then I thought that this was one justification for the puppet masters to upgrade us to perfect machines by downgrading our humanity (soul smashing) , seeing conscience as imperfect, pending the arrival of the "new man." Yeah, I know it sounds self referential and a little paranoid but that's what crossed my mind.😄

Last edited:

Now that I read @kenlee comment, I see that I made a mistake in my wording. I meant to say that I personally interpret this scene as a reflection and a rebirth.

One interpretation I have from this scene (and there might be several in different contexts) is that the old man represented present day humanity and the broken glass represented our imperfection and needed to be "upgraded" to perfection.

As you say there are many contexts, the broken glass can also represent our illusions, after breaking the glass the old man sees himself as well.

Back
Top Bottom